Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just a little journaling today...

I had a really great weekend with some new friends, and although I'm lacking sleep due to flight timing, I'm feeling refreshed. We talked about so many things, about our M, about dating, about the futures we want. Everyone was accepting, empathetic, really beautiful people.

MyNica and I have settled into texting every few days. It's friendly but not intimate, friends who care for each other. This is something that I can live with. We may eventually drop off into NC, but if that's the natural progression, I'm ok with that. It was the harshness of sudden NC that I was struggling with.

I met a guy last week that has called and texted every day since. We already have weekend plans. Life moves forward.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
J
J
Good thing there's lots of smart guys where you live. They recognize a catch when they see one. Not hard to see why they are all chasing after you!

I am glad you have found a solution to an acceptable contact level with someone you cared so deeply for.

Hugs

J.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
J
J
Agree with jjb that there are lots of smart guys around you. They know a good catch when they see one!

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone, it's been a rollercoaster of a week, but nothing worth sharing here. All my kids are away right now, and I'm also battling a cold, so feeling a little lonely and a little sick contributed to some emotional rides this week. My weekend plans with new guy didn't work out, but I met some girlfriends for drinks on Thursday and had dinner with a different girlfriend on Saturday. I also had dinner with a friend last night, a lovely evening.

Thank you Juju and Grl for posting, I appreciate the support!

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
A quick update in hopes of keeping my thread from sinking into oblivion. The past week has been fine, my D13 is still in TX with Mr P and the in-laws. I've been filling my time with friends, a couple of happy hours, a turtle walk on Saturday night that was a great experience. My life is stable and there's nothing wrong with that.

Nothing new in the dating world. I've seen MyNica a couple of times, we text, we talk, we're friends. And I'm open to something new with someone else, it just hasn't worked out yet. I choose to believe it will when the time is right.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Sotto
Sometimes if it isn't working for us, we need to chuck it all up in the air and have a re-think..and that's fine - it's your life & you get to choose how you spend it smile
I agree with Sotto. Yes, RD, I'm talking to you.

Z
Z
Quote:
I've been filling my time with friends, a couple of happy hours, a turtle walk on Saturday night that was a great experience.

The personal attacks have to stop. The fact I haven't been on a turtle walk gives you no right to imply I am a failure as a father and a man...

wink

Thanks for posting Sunny, and for keeping an eye on me in your spare time. Sounds like you're doing amazing. How's the job going for you?

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
J
J
Hi Sunny,
Thanks for your support on my thread!

I keep this mental image of you (a pretty accurate one smile ) and whenever I feel like exploding, being snarky or being bitter, I think to myself, What would Sunny do? I am not so good at the snarky part though. I guess, maybe I can just allow myself one indulgence.

Eventually I will grow up to be like you. wink

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Zues126
Sounds like you're doing amazing. How's the job going for you?
Meh.....the job is fine, it's not the most challenging thing I've ever done, but it's fine. I'm good at it, I'm not putting in a ton of overtime, my evenings and weekends remain largely my own. And I get a regular paycheck. wink Something to be said for that. I don't feel up to taking on anything more demanding at the moment, and financially, I don't have to.

If you'd like to do a turtle walk, come on down, it was a really interesting experience. We saw a mother green turtle laying her eggs on the beach and saw hatchlings emerge from two loggerhead nests. The babies were so cute flapping around on the sand! Lol The little suckers can't tell the difference between the moonlight on the water and the streetlights and so they have to be redirected sometimes. The only trick to the turtle walk is that you have to find the alligator first.

I really am doing fine. I work, I go out with friends, I date. My life is stable, and there's a lot to be said for that. It's much easier to add a little spice to a stable life than to create stability from chaos.

Originally Posted By: JksD
I keep this mental image of you (a pretty accurate one smile ) and whenever I feel like exploding, being snarky or being bitter, I think to myself, What would Sunny do?
Grl, this is flattering, but you sell yourself short. I have this mental image of YOU, and it's of a beautiful self sufficient woman making her way in the world and raising a really great kid. Sunny cannot rock gold leggings, just sayin'.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Good morning! I'm just here for my Monday morning update, and as usual, don't have a lot to say.

I saw MyNica twice last week, but that was only possibly by a funny quirk of schedules. In fact, I doubt I'll see him for quite a while, although we do text frequently. I realize that at some point I'll need to let go of him emotionally. At the moment, I'm OK with this status. If we can't be together, this is the next best thing.

I met up with friends a couple of times, had a date Friday night. I've texted with him over the weekend, but we haven't made plans to see each other again. I'm OK with that either way. Overall, I'm just trying to keep busy, be patient, and believe that good things will come my way when it's time.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard