Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Maybell! Thanks for dropping by! smile

Originally Posted By: stacey9
can we not just all have dinner together once in a while?
Stacey, I thought this for the longest time. I totally didn't get why we couldn't be friends and all hang out together sometimes. The answer seems to be: because he doesn't want to. The end.

Originally Posted By: stacey9
Have any of your kids met the duck?
I don't think so. I know the youngest hasn't. My 18yo was at a fundraiser walk with her and apparently standing a few feet away but turned her back on the duck and wouldn't even look at her. I'm not sure about my son, it's possible, but he wouldn't tell me anyway. Rumor has it the duck may be on her way out, but they've had an off-again, on-again relationship all along. So I'm not holding my breath. It would be so much easier if he'd get a new girlfriend......

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Time for an update.

Originally Posted By: SunnyB
I continue to exchange texts with MyNica almost daily, and we've talked on the phone once.
This blew itself up in kind of a big way this weekend. We had slipped back into something entirely too comfortable to be called a friendship, we were both doing it. Actually, he started it, I fell for it once again, that's a pattern here. But then there was no stopping point, and then it exploded. So we are back to NC. I guess it starts tomorrow, its kind of too late for today. LOL

Other than that, my weekend was very laid back, I spent much of it by myself, although I went out with friends on Saturday night and my daughter was home yesterday.

Not much of an update, really, there just gets to be a point where there isn't anything to say. But I continue to read and think of you all.

G
G
Sorry Sunny. I honestly have no idea how to take someone doen from a lover level to a friend level without cutting off contact. I know how hard it is to go cold turkey. As you might read, I stink at all letting go of anything.

However, after cutting off contact with someone where we tried the friends with benefits thing on and for years, well, it's a year later, he is a R, and I feel we could be just friends now. We have had a little convo and I can honestly say I can do it with no other feelings but friendship now.

We are here if you need some pep talking through the no contact thing. I know it's rough

R
R
Hi Sunny. It's not easy to end any R and all you can do is be strong in your choices

Take care. Rd xx

Z
Z
Hang in Sunny. Hang in. Thanks for posting on my thread and your patience and support.

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
Sorry Sunny. I honestly have no idea how to take someone doen from a lover level to a friend level without cutting off contact.
Ginger, I sincerely thought we could do this. For the first couple of days it was OK. But then he continued to call me a particular name that I love, sent me the same kind of message early every morning, was even more attentive and a little flirtier than usual. And I fell back into it willingly. But what I realized on Sunday was that everything was the same as always but that I couldn't see him. And I just can't deal with that. So we exploded. And then exploded again yesterday because of something I did. But we got it all settled down by the end of the day, and I'm prepared for NC for the next couple of weeks at least. Today is Day 1. So far, I hate every minute of it.

Thanks Zues and RD for the support, I feel like I've whined over this man a lot lately and I appreciate everyone's patience with me.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Day 1 of NC is over, trudging along with Day 2. I have no sense of accomplishment or pride in this. I wonder why I'm doing it.

Thank you to everyone on whom I leaned so heavily yesterday, you know who you are. xoxo

M
M
You know why you're doing this.
(((((Sunny))))))

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
J
J
(((Sunny)))

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Maybell
You know why you're doing this.
Yes I do. Because texting him won't fix the issue. Sigh.....

Thanks to you both for posting. smile

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard