R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: darknes
"We should have gone to MC"

"Yes, you're probably right."

Why say more?

I didn't want to put her on the defensive by saying that and before 2 months ago I would never have agreed to it anyway.

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
BD May 8, 2016 - She moved out
ILYBNILWY May 15 (Through email)
No EA/PA
August 23 - DB used against me in every way
Divorce July 18, 2017 - Life is getting better every day
RDS #2687128 06/23/16 05:57 AM
M
M
Originally Posted By: RDS
"We should have gone to MC"

"Yes, you're probably right."

Why say more?

I didn't want to put her on the defensive by saying that and before 2 months ago I would never have agreed to it anyway.

Im confused. How does agreeing with her put her "on the defensive"?

Also, of course you wouldnt have agreed to it. Thats not the point. She said, "we should have gone to MC". I dont see how knowing now what you knew then that you would do anything but agree.

R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R

Im confused. How does agreeing with her put her "on the defensive"?

Also, of course you wouldnt have agreed to it. Thats not the point. She said, "we should have gone to MC". I dont see how knowing now what you knew then that you would do anything but agree.

In hindsight, it probably wouldn't have put her on the defensive and I should have agreed with her, but my mind was still swirling after I admitted I had been seeing an IC. I didn't want to say anything that even hinted at fault for her.

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
No EA/PA
RDS #2687566 06/25/16 05:52 PM
R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Tomorrow is week 7 since my W left me. In a lot of ways, I am further along than I would ever had thought when it first happened. But I’m still hurting and a lot of it is because I’m living in this house. I’m trying to clean out the house and getting rid of stuff but while I’m doing that I keep running into things that remind me of “us” and it’s all I can do to barge forward.

My daughter is gone for the week because she is house/dog sitting. Her hours of being here are so random but knowing she will be coming home every night is comforting, but knowing she won’t be back until next week makes the house feel really dead. She moved back in two years ago after she got her Bachelor’s degree so she could concentrate on getting her Master’s. She pays rent and she helps around the house (more than my W ever did the last few years) so she isn’t freeloading. I’m so glad she is around because she does keep my head on straight. My W used to come home randomly but I always knew she would be coming home and that was reassuring. Of course that's not happening anymore.

I attended social events (part of my GAL) Wednesday and Friday night. I had a good time at both events. The one on Wednesday was a smaller group and it was mostly for political purposes. I sat next to a 30-year old doctor and we really hit it off. The group I went to on Friday was a more social setting. I’m usually not big into large social gatherings but once I start talking to people I easily engage with everyone. When I told one of the ladies at the gathering that I was mostly an introvert she said you could never tell it by the way I acted. I don’t put up a front, but I do have the ability to converse with people easily. I just prefer to be by myself unless I’m with very close friends (which I don’t have currently).

One of the ladies I was talking to on Friday night is a widow. She was married for 31 years (as I am) when her husband died. She really seemed interested in listening to my sitch but we kept getting interrupted. She did say that being together for as long as my W and I and the marriage dissolving would be a tragedy. She said she could tell I needed to talk to someone to get it off my chest. The group is having an Independence Day get together on 3 July and I’m going to that.

I still can’t sleep and not knowing where my W lives gnaws at me occasionally. When she first left me not knowing her whereabouts consumed me and I bought a GPS tracker to put on her car but I never got the opportunity to put it on her car. Now I am not as concerned where she lives as I was. The first week or so I would go driving around to where I thought she might be staying but I never saw her car. This morning I woke up around 3:30 AM and I couldn’t go back to sleep so I decided to get in my truck and see if I could find her. I drove to a couple of low rent apartments that are within a couple of miles of where I live. I did not see her car anywhere. She has to be sharing a place with someone because she makes a little over $1k a month after taxes and there is no way she can afford a place on that. I just hope it’s not with an OM. I never got that vibe she is having an affair but I can never be 100 percent sure. My L thinks she is having an A as do a few other people I've talked to. I hope I'm not burying my head in the sand on that.

In the 7 weeks since the BD I have seen my W for about 5 minutes. I know I’m supposed to detach but I am finding it incredibly hard to do. My W was part of my life for over 33 years. I can’t cut off the emotions I have for her in just a few weeks. I was miserable before she left me and I’m even more miserable. I hate it. Reading some of the posts here where the H and W see each other daily makes me envious. I know most of the meetings aren't that good but I would love to be able to see my W occasionally.

I made up my mind I am going to schedule a telephone coaching. I have to exhaust everything to ensure I’m leaving no stone unturned. It’s taking everything I have not to pick up the phone and call her and beg her for another chance. Following DB as much as I can is preventing me from doing that.

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
No EA/PA
RDS #2687636 06/26/16 08:02 AM
R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
The last couple of years I occasionally daydreamed being away from my W and getting into another happy R with a another woman. Now that the opportunity can be a possibility why doesn't that make me happy?

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
No EA/PA
RDS #2687694 06/26/16 01:38 PM
D
D
The last couple of years I occasionally daydreamed being away from my W and getting into another happy R with a another woman. Now that the opportunity can be a possibility why doesn't that make me happy?

Maybe the woman you were daydreaming about wasn't the right one for you.

doodler #2687696 06/26/16 01:57 PM
R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: doodler

Maybe the woman you were daydreaming about wasn't the right one for you.

Thanks doodler. I needed the laugh. grin

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
No EA/PA
RDS #2687701 06/26/16 02:47 PM
R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
On another note, I've been growing a beard for the last couple of weeks. I have the "Joe Dirt" gene (if you have seen the movie you will know what I'm talking about) so some people may look at me and say, "You're growing a beard?...Okay, if you say so."

I've had lots of compliments but I've always been clean shaven and this hair on my face is driving me crazy. My face feels raw as I can't stop rubbing the beard.

Okay, that's all I have to say. Carry on.

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
No EA/PA
RDS #2687912 06/27/16 05:47 PM
R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I signed up for the telephone coaching today. I have my first appointment tonight. Looking forward to it. I've been rereading the DR book just to keep me sane.

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
No EA/PA
RDS #2688058 06/28/16 11:19 AM
R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I had my first telephone coaching session last night. The coach suggested be a good friend first before anything else. She suggested having lunch. I think I will text her tonight and asking her to meet up for lunch as friends would. I only have one day this week I can do it because after that I will be working out of the area and I won't have the chance.

I really want to see her and start being friends, but I am scared to death if she declines. I can't put any pressure on her.

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
No EA/PA
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard