Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
collin #2692706 07/26/16 12:07 PM
C
C
bigybiz, you kindly before prayed for my h's heart to soften and find his way back to the m. I ask if you could please do so again. More than ever i pray for my h to come back. I have since found myself pregnant with our second child and he is still saying that he wants out.

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
Cherry #2692883 07/27/16 07:29 AM
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Cherry: Months ago you asked me to pray for strength you and for a miracle. I have been praying for you everyday. Yes, I will add for your husband's heart to soften, to my daily prayers.

My heart aches for you. If it's OK I'd like to pray for you and your unborn baby too.

M:50
W:53
MR:20
D:21
S:17
S:11
BD-Sept 2015
Suspected PA Sept 2015-Confronted W & OM Dec 2015
Actually EA
In house Sep:Jan/16-May 2016
W moved out:May 22 2016
OM-Intro Oct/17-On scene July/Aug 2017
C
C
Thank you bigybiz. I appreciate the prayers. And I would very much appreciate prayers for my unborn baby. Although the situation is not ideal, to me, this is a very wanted child. After a critical illness 7 years ago, I was l told there was a chance I would never have children. So to me, my babies are an absolute blessing from God.

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
Cherry #2697091 08/16/16 06:24 AM
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
In one of my recent daily devotions this story was presented. I read it and a light went on for me. I hope any who read it also will get something from it.

Just Push

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and God appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. So this is what the man did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, pushing with all of his might against the seemingly immovable rock. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Sensing his weariness, Satan began placing thoughts into his mind: “You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn’t moved. You are wasting your time.” The man became discouraged, thinking that the task was impossible and that he was a failure.

The man thought, “All this work is getting me nowhere. I’ll just put in my time, giving the minimum effort and that will be good enough.” And that is what he did until one day he decided to take this matter to the Lord in prayer. “Lord,” he said, “I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?”

The Lord responded compassionately, “My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. Now you come to Me tired and despaired, thinking that you have failed. Is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms and shoulders are strong and muscled, your back brawny and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure and your legs have become massive and hard. Through resistance you have grown strong without realizing the transformation in yourself. Yet you have not moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient, to push against the rock in faith, trusting in My wisdom that what I have asked you to do is for your benefit.

“You have done well, my Son. Now I will move the rock.”

Author Unknown

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA
L
lfm Offline
L
Wow, that's a great story. I agree, a light definitely went off when I read that as well. We are all pushing against a rock on a daily basis, working on improving ourselves whether we realize it or not, we get frustrated with the situations we are all in, and we have to keep pushing the rock day after day to become the people we are supposed to be.

Our spouses may never move, they may never return to the person we fell in love with, but it definitely won't happen if we don't keep pushing that rock.

Thanks so much bigybiz, this definitely resonated with me and reminds me that I am doing the right things every day despite moments of frustration and feelings of despair!

Married 21
S 19
D 17, 15, 15. 7
EA/PA suspected 3/30/2016
EA/PA confirmed 4/5/2016
ILYBINILWY 4/5/2016
WW asked for Divorce 5/8/2016 (WW has backtracked)
lfm #2703291 09/10/16 08:48 AM
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I've been "following" someone on a faith based site about marriage restoration. The author stood for his marriage for 8 years including a divorce before he and his wife got remarried. He gets my respect.

This week's devotion really struck me. One of the downfalls of my MR is my W and I were sexually active before we were married, even though we would call ourselves Christians. We conceived our D20 and the rocky road began.

Even if premarital sex was not an issue for you and your S, I think the following reading and passages could speak to many of us. It's a little long, but I'm sure you will get something from it.

As I always, I continue to pray for anyone who would want me to pray for them. Everyday I pray for over 20 DBer's and would be happy to do it for you. Just let me know.

THE WISE AND FOOLISH BUILDERS

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” Matthew 7:24-27

I was a very foolish man. I built my marriage on a foundation of shifting sand. I did what I thought was good for my marriage; what society said was good for my marriage. I never consulted God for His wisdom concerning my marriage. When storms came this weak foundation was washed away like a sand castle by a rising tide. The marriage and family I had built came crashing down.

During our courtship, I foolishly opened the door to Satan by acting in an unchaste manner with my future spouse. I acted selfishly and not lovingly. If I had truly loved my future wife, I would have followed God’s plan and saved sexual intimacy for the marriage bed. As the man, my job was to protect my future wife. Like Adam in the Garden of Eden, I failed to protect her from the schemes of the Evil One to destroy that which is holy in the eyes of God. I was deceived and fell for the lie.

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Isaiah 5:20-21

Sin has consequences. Since I failed to protect the dignity of my future wife, a seed of mistrust was sown in our relationship. My wife could never trust me fully to cherish and protect her. Satan used this to drive a wedge in our relationship. Satan is a liar who twisted God’s beautiful gift of spousal unity into the very thing that would ultimately destroy our marriage. I thought I was so wise but I fell for the lie.

It took many years in my faith journey to make the connection between my actions and the failure of my marriage. When my marriage failed, I did everything in my power to bring it back to life. I was still living in my own wisdom. Finally, after all of my attempts had failed and I had nowhere else to turn, I cried out to God to help me in my distress.

“In my distress I called to the Lord; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears...He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” 2 Samuel 22:7, 17-20

God spoke to me in my distress, “Listen to me and I will give you wisdom. Seek me with all your heart. Spend time getting to know me. I have given you Sacred Scripture as my love letter to you. Read it, take it to heart and obey what I tell you. It is the fount of life. Seek me first and I will give you the desires of your heart.”

“Pay attention... and listen to me; be silent, and I will speak.” Job 33:31

I poured over God’s Word. Encouragement and wisdom leapt from the page, giving me strength to fight for my marriage and family. God convicted me of my wrong doing and I repented of my sins. He showed me how to love my wife in a new and vibrant way, imitating Christ’s love for His bride, the Church (Eph 5:25-31). Like Paul’s conversion on the road to Damascus, the scales were removed from my eyes. I could see the beauty, goodness and truth of God’s plan for marriage. I pleaded with God to give me another chance to live out my marriage according to His plan.

To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness... Ecclesiastes 2:26

I committed my life to Jesus and to walking in obedience to everything God commanded in His Word. I met Jesus in the desert of divorce. He was like an oasis, refreshing my soul for the journey ahead. I thank and praise God for not giving up on me in my sin. In due time, God did give me the desires of my heart and brought my wife home. She too met Jesus in our divorce and God gave her a new heart on fire with love for Him and His ways.

For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:14-21

Our God is a God of reconciliation. Jesus came into the world to give us “life to the full” (cf. John 10:10). Once I abandoned my life of sin and self-sufficiency and gave my life totally to Christ, God was able to work miracles in my marriage. If you are still holding on to self-sufficiency, let go and give control of your life to God. He loves you and knows what you need. Trust Him to work things out for you in due time. His plans far exceed anything you could dream or imagine.

May the Lord God draw your heart to himself, that you may follow him in everything. Amen. (cf. 1 Kings 8:58)

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
In my Bible reading today was a passage that really stuck me and I'd like to share it with anyone who is interested. For me this passage really sums up the approach I need to take to my MR. I so want to her to admit she was as much in the wrong as I was, embarrass her and/or prove I'm right.

That's not the right way to work with anyone - I need to remember that.

Take the verse below to heart.

Proverbs 25 v. 15

Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone.

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It's been a while since I refreshed my offer - so here is my original post. There are about 20 members of this forum I pray for regularly. Some have not posted in months, I continue to pray for them.

This week being Easter could be especially hard for many of us. Families gather and we could be feeling alone,missing our spouse, be stressed about money, etc.

I thought it was a good time to offer prayer again.

BigyBiz

I was quite moved by a post I saw. Someone stated that they were not doing well and had even given up on prayer.

I can tell you that one of the only things that is keeping me going is: I have an army of people praying for healing and forgiveness between my Wife and I.

I know it is not much - but I would be honored to pray for anyone out there. I'm not a clergy or a scholar or have any more answers than you. I can't promise any results - but I can pray for you.

If you would like me to pray for just reply with your username/handle. If you want to give a specific prayer request i.e. Healing, Strength, etc. put it in and I'll try to keep them all straight.

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA
T
T
Im always looking for a prayer, Bigybiz. Thank you.

B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I just watched the movie War Room. Very inspirational. Watch it if you can.

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA