Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Ginger1 #2684547 06/09/16 09:19 PM
S
S
Come to Canada. Most of the year you wouldn't even need a frig. Silliness...

Sorry for this happening to you. That [censored]. I had a prob,me with the electric company over a bill I paid twice. $655 twice!!! It seriously took 3 months to get it back. Corporate drives me crazy.

Hope Tommorrow is a better day.

Barb

SunFunOne #2684597 06/10/16 05:51 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Considering our country I doomed with it's choices of leaders, Canada sounds like a great idea! [censored] off for OVERpayment? That's a new one. Companies around here will take your money and run with it.

I'm just worn out. When things look up a little, something else happens. I am so exhausted today, I barely slept. What I have to contend with when I get home today is giving me anxiety. not to mention I am supposed to be chaperoning a dance for 3 after work. I think I'm going to graciously back out.

I survived the great townhome flood of 2008 where I came home to find it flooded from 3rd story down, exH refused to take our daughter who 9 months old then because "it is not his fault I am a F*cking idiot and he has plans to go down the shore". I lived in a hotel room with a baby and 2 dogs, then a temp apartment. I also survived hurricaine Irene when D was 3 and we had to leave our home for 2 weeks. ex was away. Then Sandy with no electricity for 10 days. thankfully ex was able to take her for most of that, but I froze by butt for a week with no gas or power. I survivied all that without a partner. It was lonely and scary, but I did it. My friends were a big help too.

I'm just a little worn out, is all.

Ginger1 #2684615 06/10/16 07:08 AM
W
W
Selfies with Justin...think about it lol. Hope you have a better day smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
whatisis #2684706 06/10/16 12:22 PM
S
S
Justin (the B that is) just bought a summer home here in Muskoka. We got those Justins

Barb

SunFunOne #2684797 06/10/16 07:19 PM
J
J
(((Ginger)))

Ugh about the bills and the rotting food.

And Ginger, I hear you about being enough. When I read your posts, I hear so much strength coming through them. You're younger than me, but trust me, you sound so much wiser.

Like I tell Sunny, I want to grow up to be like you too. smile

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2685233 06/13/16 05:27 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Good news! Food was saved! The fridge and freezer must have stayed cold, thank God. What a relief!

What a good, very filled weekend. I did chaperone the dance and it was actually a lot of fun. The dance was beautiful, the girls were beautiful although dressed for a prom rather than an 8th grade dance..... just a glimpse of what I have to look forward too...... My D was at my friends house sleeping over so we went out to the local bar and immediately some guy started talking to us. He was funny and cute as heck, up from south Carolina for a party. We actually hung out with him all night. He is married with a baby, showing us pics, all innocent and fun. The rest of the weekend was spent with friends. D8 had a birthday party at her boy crush's house. I threw a BBQ for friends and their kids and it was a blast. I felt happy. That's what drives me. Spending time with the ones I love, hanging out with friends, seeing the kids happy and playing. That fills my heart big time. I really can only imagine a partner who can share I that.

Promised not to bring it up, but it may be a good thing. I think my feelings may fading towards you know who. I do realize I know so much much more about his life and his life with his GF due to the mutual friend sitch. Most people don't know that much about their ex boyfriends. I know his head is shoved so far her a$$. I get feelings towards it, but it's not the missing him sort of feelings. It's the WTF? You can do ALL of that for her, but you couldn't drive out here once in a blue moon?" sort of feelings. I used to think if I saw him again, we would look at eachother and it would be that instant connection again. Now, eh, I don't think I am so attracted after all I know. I may see him again, and I think it will be fine.

JksD,

Thank you. Even though I am "young", I've had to grow up fast, not only because of the divorced with a newborn thing, but life before that was rough. I've ben on my own for so long, it's really the only way I know how to function. And, let me tell you, I was such a mess for a good 2 years from bomb drop. Your strength is above and beyond what mine was at your stage.

We are all strong though, we live to tell the story:)

Ginger1 #2685254 06/13/16 06:29 AM
S
S
Ginger, that's a nice update. I'm glad you had a nice BBQ, entertaining on my own is not something I've really done for more than a couple of girlfriends yet. You are inspiring me.

And good for gaining some perspective on you know who. You are sounding like you are on an upswing there.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
Ginger1 #2685304 06/13/16 08:06 AM
job Offline
I am very happy to read that the food was saved and no additional costs were incurred.

I know exactly what you are talking about, i.e., how the kids are dressing for dances and they look like they are going to the prom. The world is encouraging these kids to grow up entirely too fast and they won't have anything to look forward to when they get older.

Both you and your D had a fun packed weekend. It's just what you both needed.

Keep up the good work and enjoy life as it comes around. Everything will fall into place for you and your D.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2685450 06/13/16 09:46 PM
J
J
Ginger,
That's a lovely update. Your GAL activities sound great. I am never much of a hostess; even for kid's bday parties, I ordered takeaways and had my mum to help.

Sigh. I have a lot of growing up to do at my age.

And I am glad that you're getting over you know who - voldemort? wink

You're a classy lady. You deserve a guy who will put you first.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2685530 06/14/16 06:59 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Entertaining has never been one of my strong points. Well, I am good at entertaining, but when it comes to craftiness and creativity, it is a bust. But I am a decent cook and I love to do it, so as long as my company is well fed and happy, and laughing, I figure it is a success! Some DB'ers might attest who were at my house or a dinner, don't drink too much before making dinner, you forget important ingredients..... (we were at a winery beforehand.

For the second season of Orange is the New Black I had a small viewing party where we all dressed up like characters and had orange and prison food theme. It was lots of fun. This Friday I'll probably have some friends over again for the new season.

This upcoming weekend I will finally see my dad and his wife! It's been over a month and I miss them. It's my Stepmother's 50th birthday (yes, she is 17 years younger than my dad) and we are going out with her brother and his husband to a Mexican place, where we shall eat and drink all night.

This my D's last week of school. I cannot believe in September it will be her last year of elementary school! Where does time go?

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard