Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
... she called me again today looking for something in the house, and in the process brought up the 60 day timeframe again, mentioning, "we have 60 days to get better and stop this, otherwise we have failed in our marriage, something that will live with us forever"... I'm not "reading into it"... but wtf? frickin' wacko! lol

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

...who doesn't love a lost cause?
C
C
So clearly your wife if controlling and manipulative as well
And she uses that to try and get what she wants
Problem is she doesn't know what she wants
She just is just angry right now
Which is why I said I wouldn't go into the MBR
Like I said I don't have the answer
But if I was you I would repeat back to her what she said and use that to try and go to MC again
Because it really seems like y'all need some communication help

M 37 W 30
S 7
Together 10 years
Married 9 years
BD: 12/12/12(W filed same day)
I moved to apartment 1/11/13
W and S moved to MIL 1/11/13
Peicing: 6/3/13
Reconciled: 7/2013
BD2: 4/20/16
still working on it
D
DDJ Offline
D
True cbtdad. She is showing weakness by bringing up the crumbling M. IT MAY ALSO BE TO HOOK YOU!

If you do not follow through on her request then you show her that you have a place in your heart for her, even though she is wayward. It will show an acceptance for her behaviour, and very little tough love.

I would not drag out the D process, but i would let her initiate everything. She wants it, then she can do he hard work. Sit back and relax. You have 60 days to save yourself.

Just cos things are going right, doesn't mean that they were always wrong.
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I already sent the email for "banking transparency" to her and cc'd her attorney: it includes all financial account logins and passwords, even the two new ones I created this week in my name only".

the email stated something like "here is the financial transparency that we talked about, it includes all logins to old, and new bank accounts for her to view/monitor if she chooses. I'll have the financial verification document finished and sent over in a few hours so you can start the filing process."

(I enabled text verification for all transfers from account to account on the new ones - which is where direct deposit is now going).

I think she'll be shocked when she receives/reads the email. If she's not, no harm done, and it's just another step in the process. But I'm sure she was thinking I would take as long as possible to do this (I think legally it's 45 days once filed.) And as much as I want to save this, if I can't do it, or if she's not willing to try with me, 60 days should be all I need. and if I change my mind, I can always drag it out by disagreeing terms.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

...who doesn't love a lost cause?
D
DDJ Offline
D
Remember to do it without concern for her, IOW don't drag just to be nasty. Only if you are unhappy with terms.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

M
M
Originally Posted By: betterm
Is the best process here to return the papers asap and say here ya go, as in "I see your two pair, and I'm not scared". Or do I drag out every single request for as long as possible to try and extend everything single I have control over?

The best process is to do what is best for you. If you have time, fill them out. I dont see any reason to "drag things out", but I also dont see a reason that you need to jump on everything immediately.

Stop trying to get a reaction.

M
M
Originally Posted By: betterm
"we have 60 days to get better and stop this, otherwise we have failed in our marriage, something that will live with us forever"

Garbage.

Theres no laws that say you cant get remarried. You have 60 days until the government recognizes your separation.

You have the rest of your lives to determine if you should be together.

D
DDJ Offline
D
Originally Posted By: darknes
You have the rest of your lives to determine if you should be together.

I love this darknes. I am practicing patience myself, even though it might not seem that way. With hard work I will get there.

C
C
Well said, darkness. As has been said before on these boards, your marriage is not over until you say it is. D is just a piece of paper.

M-51 H-54
2D-27 and 25
M-26 yrs
Bombshell and IHS 7-29-15
He moved out 10-3-15
D filed 1-27-16
D final 10-27-16

Kindness, kindness, kindness.
D
D
betterm,

I'm a big believer in helping the WW toward her goals because it seems to be a faster path to the realization that the fantasy is incongruent with reality and it's not what's expected from you.

Check out LiM's thread if you get a chance. His situation was a little different, but he's got a lot of good info on his thread.

I'm also a big believer in drawing mustaches on sleeping WWs.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard