Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
J
J
@tkdmme

On July 16 of this year, god willing, I'll be celebrating 19 years of sobriety. I tell you this for 2 reasons. 1 it is possible to live life without alcohol. 2 alcohol is but a symptom, 18 years of sobriety and my wife still left me. That fact in itself may be sobering, but the fact is you need to work on yourself. It very hard to truly work on yourself if your intoxicated most of the time.

Trust me I know your pain, more then you can imagine. I highly recommend you get to a AA meeting, take the cotton out of your ears and stick'em in your mouth. (Nice way way of saying SHUT UP and LISTEN.

I'm not going to lie, getting sober was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. but you can do it

One day at a time.

I'm going to check in on here every few days to see how your doing

good luck....

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
T
tkdmme Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Jb,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. It's going to be hard for sure but it's something that has to be done. I always enjoyed a beer or two while mowing the grass and I was a social drinker as well. However, in the wake of the w leaving, I have become a full blown drunk!Thank God that haven't hurt myself or anyone else during the past 18 months or so.

The soon to be ex has always drank heavily. Her father died of from liver damage at 44 years old. It was a huge problem in our m. When BD happened, I completely stopped drinking and stared going to AA. This only lasted about 3 months and when I started again, it was like I couldn't get enough. I couldn't sleep without it. I sleep ok now and don't need it. However I've started playing piano in the night clubs again and I think that is a mistake as well.

I have 3 more piano jobs booked but after that I'm going to hang it up for a while. Maybe for good. It really stinks because I love making music but it is a trigger for me.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and encouragement.

I'm not drinking tonight. It's the first night in a few weeks that I've not had a drink. Sounds lame but you gotta start somewhere right?

M:39
W:40
S:10
S:7
D:12
BD:3/5/15
Separate BR:3/5/15
W moved out with kids 1/3/16
V
V
SH asked me to check in on you.

I reread your threads, the earliest you were honest about the self medication was July 2015.

With WhyUs and Mutatio.

It is time to start to manage this. That means AA.

It is time to getc some help.

Your kids need one stable parent, that's going to be you.

No excuses on this, no more alcohol.

Action now.

This is not just a 2x4 it's a 24x24

So what is your plan to turn this into a 180.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

job Offline
Please start a new thread.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
TK, what about keeping on with the music but in a new (drink free) setting - music sessions for folks with dementia say?? Xx

New thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2680203#Post2680203

Last edited by Cadet; 05/26/16 01:36 PM. Reason: Link

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard