Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
W has not worn wedding ring for a while now. Its been tucked away in her jewelry box. I noticed the other day that her wedding band was out on the counter in our bathroom. Thought that was weird. The next day, it was in our bedroom on the nightstand. Now, is back in the jewelry box.

Is this some kind of head game she is playing?

Again, she hasn't worn or had ring out in months. What possible reason could she have for leaving in those places?

D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I should note, it was sitting in the bathroom for a few days.

S
S
They do those sort of things. Another one is to stop undressing in front of the H.

Your best move is to totally ignore it. Stop trying to keep up with where she lays her ring. If you see it on the counter, leave it there and say nothing to her about it. Do not ask if she's stopped wearing it, or any other questions. Mark it down as one the crazies, and move on.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: sandi2
They do those sort of things. Another one is to stop undressing in front of the H.

Your best move is to totally ignore it. Stop trying to keep up with where she lays her ring. If you see it on the counter, leave it there and say nothing to her about it. Do not ask if she's stopped wearing it, or any other questions. Mark it down as one the crazies, and move on.

Yea, I have totally ignored it. She definitely hasn't had any issue undressing in front of me though.

D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: DigIt

Yea, I have totally ignored it. She definitely hasn't had any issue undressing in front of me though.

That sounded a bit wrong. There's no physical relationship going on right now, but when she's getting ready for work or out of the shower, no problem in her birthday suit.

B
B

This is what happened to be, she almost never took her ring off, but she did stop being nude because she said she felt like she was undressing in front of a stranger. We "weren't close" anymore, and she wouldn't undress in front of a stranger, so why would she do it in front of me? A couple times I came home (before the strict separation), and she's just be getting ready upstairs and she'd go running off to wrap a towel around her, or robe, or something. It's hurtful to experience, not because I don't get to see her beautiful body anymore, but it's a form of rejection in that 'you're no longer welcome here'.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

...who doesn't love a lost cause?
D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: betterm

This is what happened to be, she almost never took her ring off, but she did stop being nude because she said she felt like she was undressing in front of a stranger. We "weren't close" anymore, and she wouldn't undress in front of a stranger, so why would she do it in front of me? A couple times I came home (before the strict separation), and she's just be getting ready upstairs and she'd go running off to wrap a towel around her, or robe, or something. It's hurtful to experience, not because I don't get to see her beautiful body anymore, but it's a form of rejection in that 'you're no longer welcome here'.

I'm sorry to hear that. That has to hurt you. In my sitch, we definitely don't see ourselves as strangers now, we both know eachothers bodies too well. Every situation is different I guess, stay strong.

E
EDF Offline
E

Now, I can't say for sure that there isnt OM, but I can say that we have always had a trusting relationship in that regard. Neither of us would hide something like that. We'd just come out with it and end things. I guess it's always possible, but that hasn't been our bag, ever.

Just for another perspective, I would've also said that about my WW until very recently. We've been married almost 17 years. She's always been honest and forthright, would always complain vehemently about how e.g. a cheating girlfriend treated her brother, and she considered her honesty and her sense of justice to be some of her best qualities, and I would have agreed.

The OM has a girlfriend of 7 years with two little kids together. For the past 6+ months WW has been in an EA with him, and actively trying to seduce OM into a PA. She thinks it's not good for the kids if their parents are not in a loving relationship, so she doesn't feel any remorse about what she is doing.

We have no kids, but cats which she calls our "girls" and loves snuggling with. She considers my parents to be like the perfect parents she never had. While snooping I came across a Pros/Cons list she started recently trying to decide whether to leave the marriage or stay.

The Pros column only had one item: "explore dating other people". The Cons column had about a dozen things, including that she felt she wouldn't be able to afford to keep the cats (and wouldn't want to split them up) and that she would possibly lose the in-laws.

Apparently she is still leaning towards dating other people.

What everyone says about the WW literally being not the same person is spot on. I see glimpses of her underneath, but the new person is definitely at the wheel.

Me, WW - Upper 30s
BD - Apr 1 2016
EA - Apr 7 2016 (discovered; ongoing for months; did not confront right away)
Confronted wife about EA - May 17
Wife sent NC email to OM - July 11
D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: EDF

Now, I can't say for sure that there isnt OM, but I can say that we have always had a trusting relationship in that regard. Neither of us would hide something like that. We'd just come out with it and end things. I guess it's always possible, but that hasn't been our bag, ever.

Just for another perspective, I would've also said that about my WW until very recently. We've been married almost 17 years. She's always been honest and forthright, would always complain vehemently about how e.g. a cheating girlfriend treated her brother, and she considered her honesty and her sense of justice to be some of her best qualities, and I would have agreed.

The OM has a girlfriend of 7 years with two little kids together. For the past 6+ months WW has been in an EA with him, and actively trying to seduce OM into a PA. She thinks it's not good for the kids if their parents are not in a loving relationship, so she doesn't feel any remorse about what she is doing.

We have no kids, but cats which she calls our "girls" and loves snuggling with. She considers my parents to be like the perfect parents she never had. While snooping I came across a Pros/Cons list she started recently trying to decide whether to leave the marriage or stay.

The Pros column only had one item: "explore dating other people". The Cons column had about a dozen things, including that she felt she wouldn't be able to afford to keep the cats (and wouldn't want to split them up) and that she would possibly lose the in-laws.

Apparently she is still leaning towards dating other people.

What everyone says about the WW literally being not the same person is spot on. I see glimpses of her underneath, but the new person is definitely at the wheel.

I agree. Not sure if I mentioned before, but she did have an ex-boyfriend start contacting her soon after we first split. He pulled this stunt a couple years ago, and she rejected him. He's always been enamoured with her. Kind of a sleazeball if you ask me to take advantage of the situation she was in. He professed her love and said he'd leave his wife and kids for her; basically telling her everything she wanted to hear at that time. There was no PA and any EA she was having was only him telling her all the things she wanted to hear. HE was always calling her, never the other way around. I confronted her about it, and she said she had no idea what she was doing with that, saw zero future with him and wanted us to work. It was no strings attached attention, pure affection from his end (lust on his part, if you ask me) in a really rough stretch in her life. She has since ended it and there's been no indication that anything like that has been happening.

D
DigIt Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My point with that is that she isn't herself right now. The first time this happened, she immediately rejected him. This last time wasn't so quick. Really, it wasn't until I intervened, only because my gut was telling me that something was fishy. We've since talked about it and I'm confident that we are through with that.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard