Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
R
R
I don't either BUT it was just a way to show you there are other explications and with a WAW normal logic is not always right. I use that technique more for negative signs. I find a less negative reason for it and this reduces the power of the negative sign, as it is possible another reason exists. I don't have the time to explain it better but hopefully you get the idea.

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
H
Huddy Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Yes, I get the idea and that thought did go through my mind. However, I know what work she has on, so I can discount that for now. There is never any logic in these situations.

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
H
Huddy Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Talking of logical decisions, I have found out (due to an email error) that my W is going for a consultation for a boob job and abdominal surgery!

I was aware that my W was unhappy with her body after the birth of our last child, but I was always very supportive of her and always told her how much I fancied her/loved her. I suppose this is how it started with her having her teeth whitened, 18 months ago.

So, W's mid life crisis takes yet another turn and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want my W to go under the knife for a cosmetic procedure, but I can't let on that the email was copied to me in error, otherwise she'll think I've been snooping. I suppose I just keep quiet, but this does give me a fair amount of sadness as if this really is the root cause of all this (a MLC due to her perceived body issues) is there anything I can do?

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
O
otw Offline
O
Nope

It is all her thing. I know it hurts you because she is going through this mental state.

M 37
W 34

T 12
M 8
D 7
S 4

Need break 4/12/15
W no ring 7/7/15

Separate room 4/12/15
Separate living suggested 8/15
W moved out 11/1/15
R
R
OTW is right , nothing you can do and if you did try to intercede then it might only spur her on.

At least it shows MLC is proberbly the cause of all this and while it doesn't help you it might explain some of the strange choices that she is clearly making

Its the same old mantra for us all Huddy , their lives , their choices , detach and let her continue to find her happiness This is at a very early stage for MLC and while you look for signs , who knows what you are really seeing signs of ?

I think we all look for signs but we have to control that with what we actually know and while we might think a sign means X , it could just as easily mean 55 !!!!

Take care mate and try to relax back from her choices

Rd

H
Huddy Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks guys.

Just a bit if a downer today and the email error kind of topped it of. I know it's her choice and there is nothing I can do. Bit of a backslide - not bad I suppose in the, nearly, four months we have been properly parted.

Thanks once again for the support.

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
R
R
If you are copied on an email she will see you on the list.

Regardless it is her choice and her life.Nothing to do with you.

Sure maybe it'll be a good job and if ye do get back together you'll appreciate the work, even if you don't believe she needs it!

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
H
Huddy Offline OP
OP Offline
H
So, I've had a look in the mirror and decided it's time to tone up. I'm 44, not getting any younger, but don't want to dissolve in to an unhealthy blob. It's not a kneejerk reaction, I've been thinking about it for some time.

I look at it like this, I'm doing it for myself, I'm doing it for any potential R with W and finally I'm doing it for any potential R with somebody new. Plus, I see it as a good GAL activity, as it means I will be around people, at least four times a week.

I haven't been near a gym since 1988, so it should be interesting! I'm booked in for my initiation on Monday. I'm no gym bunny, but let's see how we go!

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
M
M
I am pondering the same thought. Good Luck

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
S
S
Hi Huddy - good for you! I hadn't ever been to a gym, but I work for a fitness company and they have a great membership deal for staff, so I went for it. The gym induction was fine. He just asked me about my aims and whether I wanted just to look at cardio or build in some weights. I just went for the cardio and he showed me how to use the treadmill, bike and cross trainer.

In our gyms, you have a login and you can track your progress - plus there are various fitness programmes you can follow on the screen. You can check your emails, or go on YouTube or Facebook too! I don't do any of that - I just blast away on the cardio machines, listening to cheesy 80's music - it's great!

Best of luck with it! X

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard