Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
T
T
Oh I would squeal like a stuck pig. Sparkls never even went skiing she had a theatre accident.... JK

I hate running to btw. I get out there and think, what am I doing to myself. I think that the entire time. But I also think about what I tell the kids, no pain no gain, pain is weakness leaving the body and my favorite you mind will say quit 100 times before your body needs to quit. My new long range goal is to get a 6 pack. I started at 196, I am down to 166 and would like to get to 155. I think at 155 I could have some good abs.

Me 41
W 33
M 2013
Suspect A 11/15
Confirm A 1/16
She moved out 2/14/16
Stepson 13
Stepson 16
R
R
Thornton protein shakes sounds like a good idea for me too. Can girls drink protein shakes everyday? ( I have tons of H's here that no one uses anymore, its gnc brand protein powder stuff.) I need to work on eating more..today I had toast, yogurt, and I think that was it. I feed my kids and forget about myself since I'm never hungry.

Me:24 H:26
T:7yrs M:4yrs
S:4 D:5
ILYBNILWY 12/5
PA Confirmed 2/19

C
C
Originally Posted By: Rednail
Thornton protein shakes sounds like a good idea for me too. Can girls drink protein shakes everyday? ( I have tons of H's here that no one uses anymore, its gnc brand protein powder stuff.) I need to work on eating more..today I had toast, yogurt, and I think that was it. I feed my kids and forget about myself since I'm never hungry.

I'm sure you could drink the protein shakes. They're just not the tastiest things in the world crazy

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
BD #1 - November 1998 (EA 7 months after wedding)
BD #2 - November 2015 (same XBF EA)
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
T
OP Offline
T
Red - girls can drink protein shakes as well. The GNC brand doesn't taste very good but there are others that are really good.

The shakes will help you keep your metabolism fired up for weight loss and help build some muscle tone.

T
T
I don't drink protein shakes but have Special K Protein Meal Bars which are good. A bit dry but go great with coffee. BTW why does everything I write on here sound so girly.... sigh

Me 41
W 33
M 2013
Suspect A 11/15
Confirm A 1/16
She moved out 2/14/16
Stepson 13
Stepson 16
T
OP Offline
T
Haha!

Tim, let's hit the mall after work, I hear there's a candle sale going on.

Then we get mani/pedi's and have a pillow fight!

T
T
Your getting in touch with your feminine side TimR. It's a good thing smile.
I haven't got into the protein shakes yet. I thinking will soon, I don't want to start them and not be working out on a tegualr basis tho. When I have the boys for a week i don't have time to hit gym. I do core are push-ups when they go to bed though. Now I just need to get my shoulder looked at and find out why it grinds when I move it... Think the rotator cuff messed up

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
B
B
I loved reading this thread - you guys make me laugh!

Sparkles - don't feel too bad about the theater accident, I blew out my knee trying to be aggressive playing softball - had 3 knee surgeries to fix that "single" (at least I was safe!)

Tim and Thornton - I hate running, too. I can do it but I still hate it. Signed up with my entire family to do a 5k in June, so I need to get started. Otherwise, I will totally humiliate myself.

The "divorce diet" seems to be working for all of us. However I have begun to be able to eat again recently. Hopefully, you will all get there, too. I would like to keep most of the weight off though, so I am trying to be healthy.

M 44 H 46
M 20yrs T 25 yrs
S15 S12

ILYBINILWY 7/18/15
Move to MBR 9/8/15
Physical Separation 10/10/15
Suspect A 8/2015
Confirm A 12/27/15
D filed by H 2/2/16
T
T
A candle sale!!! I need some more cause the ones I have are almost done. Not sure about the mani/pedi. I have broken my toes so many times in judo (for awhile I was averaging one toe a month) that I have the most god awful looking feet. WW would not even allow me to wear flip flops at the beach. LOL

Yeah if nothing else the "divorce diet" is working and proving to be a great motivation for working out.

Me 41
W 33
M 2013
Suspect A 11/15
Confirm A 1/16
She moved out 2/14/16
Stepson 13
Stepson 16
T
OP Offline
T
I think I am finally starting to detach.

I've had so much time to sit and analyze my situation to death. And I've realized some things. The only time W was as much into me as I was into her was in the honeymoon phase of our relationship.

I can look back now with some clarity and see that I had idolized her. I put her up on that pedestal and devalued myself. I'm not saying W is a bad person, I'm saying it was me that lost myself in this R. And I need to own that because no one controls me except me.

I've also looked back and noticed some discrepancies. Things that W told me that turned out to be fibs. I'll spare you the details, but it's crazy how distance can create clarity.

W really wasn't saint that I thought she was. She is flesh and blood like anyone else and has flaws like everyone else. She just made me feel so good about myself, she was my self esteem.

I'm realizing now, that self esteem can only come from within me.

W left me and I felt completely and totally lost. I didnt have my own identity. My identity was as W's partner and father to our kids.

Very slowly, I'm learning to be ok by myself. I still miss W and having her companionship but to be able to not experience panic 24x7 while she is gone, is a godsend.

I'm so thankful for the things I have in my life. My family, my job, my friends, all my DB family, my IC, and for another day.

Keep the faith and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard