N
Wonka, calling Wonka.

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
R
R
We need a Wonka signal like the one they have for Batman.

Rain (moi): 40
Ex Fiance: 39
3 kids
On/off again EA & PA
Last BD by ow 12/15
Moved kids and myself back into our own place: 12/15
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
A big W in the sky.

W
W
Hey NYG...just heard your bat signal! What's up? Is there a particular question or concern that you'd like to know here?

N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
W is saying she wants to reconcile and that she's getting "closer" to telling ow to take a hike. She misses me and our life together. She knows she has to tell ow to go before it's possible. She wants to get together to discuss over lunch or dinner. I said I won't do things with her just to be her friend and she said she understands that. It's to discuss getting back together. I think if we appear publicly together that might mean she doesn't care what ow thinks... unless she's trying to make ow jealous. But I don't think so. She's not above drama however...

(Also when you have time could you go over to MB's thread and give her some advice? She's really stuck.)
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...825#Post2652825

A
A
What does "getting closer" to saying goodbye to OW even mean?

By turning 35, I will be "getting closer" to being president. Does that make me president?

W
W
NYG,

Yeah I now see it.

The key here is self-respect. What I mean by that is not accepting W's sloppy seconds and not making it too easy for her to reconcile. You are a quality person.

You REALLY have the upper hand here. Not W. Not the OW.

For me, what self-respect means that I will not be a second fiddle to anyone. Self-respect means zero drama. All of that chit about getting hot and cold is manipulative. No two ways about this.

I am a lot further along on the path than you are and I now recognize it. I am absolutely fearless and I would not be shy about laying down conditions.

If I were you, I'd hear what she has to say then go with this:

I can see that all of this is a very difficult and painful experience. It has impacted me too and I do not feel safe with you. Trust needs to be earned here. Your actions are not trustworthy.

In order for ME to consider reconciliation, if that ever happens, I require the following from you in order to feel safe again:

1-OW needs to be completely out of the picture
2-No contact with OW in any manner even if it is work-related
3-Write a no-contact letter/email to OW to be reviewed by you and approved by you prior to sending to OW
4-We continue living separately
5-Counseling is non-negotiable
6-We are not going to be involved or start dating for a while until all of the conditions are met and followed through

Tell W that you value yourself too much to be put in this position ever again and you are now aware of your needs. You need a partner who is supportive, open to having difficult discussions if there are ANY problems whether it be large or small, not run away from problems, and thinks you're the bee's knees.

Then wrap it up by saying that W has some decisions to make here and it is all on her to clean up her mess. You cannot help her nor will fix it for her. It is W's responsibility to fix this mess.

I'll smack you, NYG, if you say "I miss you, I love you" or some other sappy sentiments to W. Time to grow a backbone and lay it all out for W.

N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks Wonka, so much. I've already copied all this down to refer to over the next few days and weeks. Cautiously optimistic, but not jumping for joy. I fully understand that if this happens, the hard work is only beginning.

W
W
Just to be extra-clear here....

3-Write a no-contact letter/email to OW to be reviewed by you and approved by you prior to sending to OW

What I meant by that is that YOU will need to review the email/letter composed by W prior to sending to the OW.

T
T
Originally Posted By: NYGal
W is saying she wants to reconcile and that she's getting "closer" to telling ow to take a hike. She misses me and our life together. She knows she has to tell ow to go before it's possible. She wants to get together to discuss over lunch or dinner. I said I won't do things with her just to be her friend and she said she understands that. It's to discuss getting back together. I think if we appear publicly together that might mean she doesn't care what ow thinks... unless she's trying to make ow jealous. But I don't think so. She's not above drama however...

(Also when you have time could you go over to MB's thread and give her some advice? She's really stuck.)
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...825#Post2652825

Here's where I get a little tough. I'm pro-talking but I won't talk to someone about being in a relationship with them while they're in a relationship with someone else. OW gone for good? Great, let's talk. OW still in the picture? No, I'm sorry but it wouldn't be right to talk about getting back together while you're with someone else.

That's just my opinion. Take it or leave it, I won't be offended.

The future is as bright as you demand it be.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard