Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
OK, so blocking on an iPhone only means that the "Delivered" message doesn't show up. If you don't notice, you don't even know you're blocked. And calls just go to voicemail, so that's not such a big deal either. I'm unblocking. I should at least know if she's trying to be in touch. I still don't have to answer if I don't want to.

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
A
A
We are all that way, NYGal... Sometimes I am on top of the world and think I am over my sitch and could care less how it all shakes out. Then something comes along and knocks me right on my butt. We're making progress though, and that's what counts. You need to pat yourself on the back when you can. smile

Me: 43, Him: 40
Married: 21 years

N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Since I unblocked her i'm driving myself crazy wondering what I missed. That wasn't a good idea.
Maybe she's NCing me! But I suspect not. Oh well. I'll never know I guess. And that's ok too,

T
T
Are you showing her the path home? If you don't she could be gone for good. First step on the path. OW gone for good.

The future is as bright as you demand it be.
R
R
Originally Posted By: annab74
We are all that way, NYGal... Sometimes I am on top of the world and think I am over my sitch and could care less how it all shakes out. Then something comes along and knocks me right on my butt. We're making progress though, and that's what counts. You need to pat yourself on the back when you can. smile

This is me...I feel kind of okay with moving on and then bam! And I can only feel badly for XF sometimes not all the time. You're both light years ahead on that one.

Rain (moi): 40
Ex Fiance: 39
3 kids
On/off again EA & PA
Last BD by ow 12/15
Moved kids and myself back into our own place: 12/15
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You may have better boundaries than I do, Rain.

P
P
Originally Posted By: TxHubby
Are you showing her the path home? If you don't she could be gone for good. First step on the path. OW gone for good.

Hey, Texas - care to elaborate on this? I'm curious what you'd do.

Thanks!

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Yes TX please elaborate. I've kept the path clear, but she hasn't gotten rid of ow. The latest thing she said: "I'm giving this some serious thought." And "do you know I'm a mess?" I didn't respond to that email.

What am I supposed to say? I don't just want to become her friend. I can't get her out of this mess she's made for herself. The road is clear except for the speed bump called ow. I'd run right over her, but W won't make her go away.

T
T
Originally Posted By: NYGal
Yes TX please elaborate. I've kept the path clear, but she hasn't gotten rid of ow. The latest thing she said: "I'm giving this some serious thought." And "do you know I'm a mess?" I didn't respond to that email.

What am I supposed to say? I don't just want to become her friend. I can't get her out of this mess she's made for herself. The road is clear except for the speed bump called ow. I'd run right over her, but W won't make her go away.

All you have to do is communicate what the path back to you looks like. If she's still with OW then there is no path. When my WW decided I was the one she wanted then at first I said, hell no, go away and let me be, but re-thought it, and then a friend told me I had to show her the path back. The path back might look different for all of us. It's every little step, in order, of what they have to do if they want back in your life. Think about it and write it out. Don't leave anything off. If you don't show them a path back then they'll give up and truly be gone for good. In that path back to you, don't be a doormat.

The very first step on that path. No more AP's. If our cheaters can't get past that one then there's no point in the rest of the path. NYGal, what does the path back to you look like? Does that path exist yet? It's ok if it doesn't. Still, if you ever R with her in the future then there has to be a path toward that.

The future is as bright as you demand it be.
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
TX, I've noticed that whenever she thinks I'm pulling away, she reels me back in with talk of how much she misses me and regrets what she has done. Her latest has been how utterly miserable she is on the path she's on. So when I tell her it's not too late for us, and show her the path, the first stumbling block is the AP. She's not ready to let her go. So I back off a bit, then she says she's giving serious thought to reconciling with me and how much she misses our life. When I say I do too (clearing the path and showing her I'm still there) then she says she's a mess. And she won't let the ow go. So I guess I don't know how to show her the path without her throwing ow right there onto the path and cluttering it all up.

She knows, because we've both said it, that we don't walk this path until there's no AP. (BTW she says it's not cheating because we're not together.) But when I asked her if she would at least not sleep with her until she's decided, she wouldn't even answer. So I feel like I'm back on the roller coaster I started on.

I've not heard from her since the email where she said "Do you know I'm a mess." I didn't reply. I don't want to be her BFF. I want to be her W.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard