Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#264988 03/25/04 07:23 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Yesterday, I went to the grocery store and actually bought groceries for my family for the first time ever (she commented last week about how I always griped about what she bought and said "you oughta try it!" and I realized she was right.), and I actually enjoyed it. My wife had called my cell phone and left a message ( I was in therapy when she called) asking me if I was going to pick up the kids from daycare, or if I wanted her too. So I called her back and said "It'd be great if you could pick them up because I'm at the store right now and I don't know how long I'll be". So she said okay, then she says " I've been invited to a birthday party at La Hacienda, but I don't know if I want to go", and I said "well thats up to you". So, we hang up and I get my shopping done and I head home and npack the groceries. She comes home with my girls and helps me put the groceries away, and I waited awhile and asked her if she was going to the party. She said "Well, I want to because they invited me and they are nice people (she plays bunko with them) and I said "I agree, you know I can watch the kids if you want to go". So, we eat supper and it's around 7:30, I clean the kitchen up and then I go take my duaghter from her and say "I'll watch her if you want to go get ready", and she says "I'm not going".

My question is, do you think she didn't go because she thought I was trying to control the sitch by telleing her I could watch the kids? Or maybe she decided she really wanted to be with me and the kids? I really wanted her to go, I feel she needs to go out with her friends and have fun.

"Anyone who is among the living, has hope." (Eccl 9:4)
#264989 03/25/04 07:30 PM
Hi LoneStarFree,

I think either way, it's a good thing.

Perhaps she stayed because she was trying to assert her independence, and you made it clear that she already had it? So she didn't need to go, just to prove it.

Or she was so surprised and pleased she wanted to hang out with you some more?

Either way..it's a good thing!

Hugs!

PIB
#264990 03/25/04 08:18 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks Pheonix, either way, I'll take it.

"Anyone who is among the living, has hope." (Eccl 9:4)

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard