Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
2ltl2lt Offline OP
OP Offline
First day back to school for the kiddos and back to our regular schedule. I get home to cook some dinner and start rustling around the kitchen, I ask D if she wants hotdogs or hamburgers and she tells me that W had called her and had bought groceries to make dinner with. She didn't say anything to me about it. So when she got here with S she asked if I was going to eat with them. I didn't say anything about the food I had just bought to make dinner with and just told her I was going to get out for awhile. Then I left.

A couple hours later she texts me, when will you be back?, I didn't respond because I was already close and I was driving. When I get home she asked me if I was going to the football game this weekend. I said no , I have a Cubscouts event and I will take S. She asked if I was going with xxx friends and I said no. She asked who then? A girl? I just shook my head and said it doesn't matter because I'm not going I'm taking S to his event. I really think she wants me to get with a girl while we are apart. What is that about?

M: 39 W:38 D: 11 S: 7
T: 18
M:13
I suspect problem: 8/15
ILYB: 9/15
Never quit on love
I ask her to leave:10/15
G
G
Your story is mesmerizing. I especially like the part about the subway sandwiches and six packs.

2ltl2lt Offline OP
OP Offline
Where we live the weather can be rather unpredictable. The general landscape is flat and the soil is sandy. The creeks and rivers are shallow, slow and lazy. As a teenager me and the few friends that I had were always fishing and riding dirtbikes and three wheelers on the creeks. During Spring Break of my freshman year two of my buddies and I decided to camp along a major river right where it met with the creek that we had spent so much time on. We had a small canoe that barely held all of the supplies we brought. It had rained pretty hard the week before and the river was moving faster than we had anticipated. My moms BF dropped us off at the bridge and it was about a mile upstream to our planned campsite. This was before his affair and during the time he and mom were partying all the time. They couldn't care less about three 14 year olds camping alone for three days.

Anyway, we loaded up in the canoe and start paddling with every ounce of strength in our bodies. We didn't make it to our original spot and just pulled out at the closest clearing to set up camp for the night. We built a fire and set out trot lines to try and catch our dinner. We sat around the fire talking about girls and life and al of the things that young men do. We were having a great time. We had a few snacks with us but we're relying on catching some fish for our main sustenance. About this time I see one of the limbs that we had tied a line to start to shake . I ran down to see what we had caught and quickly realized that it was something of size. I grab the line and try pulling it up on the bank while the other two were excitedly watching. As I got it closer and closer it struggles more. The string was cutting my hands and the creature on the other end was pulling harder. When I finally got it close I saw that it wasn't a fish but a gator. And a good sized one at that. As soon as it saw dry land it bolted straight for me! It was tangled in the line and thrashing about. I grabbed my knife to cut the thing loose and it slipped back into the water. We didn't catch any fish that night.

The next day the river had slowed back down so we loaded back up in the canoe to continue our adventure. We paddled for awhile until we found a good spot to fish and relax for a few hours. One of the buddies got out of the boat to go #2. He was gone a little too long so we went to look for him. He came out of the woods and said he found something cool we had to check out. He was the crazy one of the bunch so we knew it had to be something worth looking into. Me and my other friend follow him back to his discovery. It was a gas pipeline valve sticking up out of the ground. It appeared to be surrounded by a large puddle of water, which didn't seem all that unusual because of the recent rain. Well the crazy guy swishes a stick in the puddle and says watch this. He breaks out a cigarette lighter and strikes the flint, the stick he put in the puddle immediately burst into flames. We didn't know what he had found. Then he throws the burning stick down into the liquid surrounding the valve.

As soon as it hit the puddle we see this giant fireball develop and all the air around us rushing toward the flame. We ran like hell back toward the creek. Jumped in and watched what looked like something the Enola Gay dropped on Hiroshima! The biggest explosion you could imagine was going on less than 50 yards away. Then it was just a huge cloud of black smoke billowing into the air. We got back in the canoe and started back to the bridge where we were dropped off. It wasn't long before a police boat pulls up next to us and they order us to board their vessel. They took us back to the station for questioning.

For some reason they had me pegged as the mastermind of the crime. I didn't want to eat on anyone and denied everything they accused us of. We stayed in jail for 36 hours. Then the company that owned the pipeline sent an investigator to find out how three dumb kids were able to blow up this thing. They had all kinds of theories ranging from homemade pipe bomb to high powered rifle. Once they realized that their equipment was leaking all charges were dropped and we were free to go. We had made the news and I was the star of live at five. One of my football coaches saw me on the news and gave me extra duty for life. I had to stay an extra hour after practice every day running and bear crawling until my last practice of my senior year. I kinda became the leader of extra duty.

I guess I'll leave it here for tonight.

Never quit on love
2ltl2lt Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been in very limited contact with W since Christmas. She has been texting me every morning with a few nice words, I usually reply a few hours later with a thank you or good morning. She came to the house tonight to drop off D , I was out in the garage organizing my tools. She went in to say good night to S and came back out to the garage. I kept doing what I was doing and she stood there for a minute then asked me what I was doing. She asked how my day was and how everyone was doing. I kept it short and sweet and didn't really quit what I was doing. Then she said she had plans on Saturday, which I took as a date with another guy. I just said ok and left it at that. Then she gave me hug and I said goodbye be careful. I hate not being able to talk to her, but I think it's the right thing to do. She is really out of character here lately.

Never quit on love
M
M
Going back to the 6th. If you are with a girl then it frees her up to say... See don't you like her, blah blah blah. And take the blame off of her.

As for your pipe bomb post... That sounds interesting. You are lucky you weren't hurt.

Your most recent post. I'm not fully up to speed on your early posts. But she may be probing, make sure you give her enough to stay interested, especially if you think she is trying to change.

Me: 32 W: 29 T:8 M: 6 D4 S2
M - 8/2008
W is not happy - 1/2014
W wants D - 9/2014
W moved out - 11/2014
D filed - 1/23/2015
D'ed - 2/25/2015
Gave X the Letter - 11/10/2015
2ltl2lt Offline OP
OP Offline
If she is full on WW I am going to continue with the limited availability and tough love as per Sandi. I remain on the fence about what to label someone. She is so conflicted with her behavior that I just want to leave her be and give it some time. If I determine for myself that she is in the so called affair fog I will go as dark as possible without sacrificing anything for my kids. I really appreciate everyone's help.

Never quit on love
2ltl2lt Offline OP
OP Offline
Well it's official now. She has been screwing someone else. I found condoms and a message from her to another guy about it. I asked her and she confirmed it.Not sure how I feel now. I called my IC and told her what was going on, she advised me to try and DETACH myself from the emotions and try to stay in the present moment. I found out early this morning and then went to an event with S. Wth is going on!!!? She is completely emotionless about it, like a cyborg or something. Should I just leave it alone and go on about my business? Now that she knows I know, she will probably avoid me anyway.

Never quit on love
W
Wet Offline
W
I am sorry about what you have learned. Your IC has given you good advice - detach, detach, detach.

This will eat you up if you let it. Listen, if you are able - stay away from your W, don't talk to her, don't snoop, and keep yourself busy.

Do you have any friends that can come over, or guys in a small group that you can talk to? Get someone that you can trust (hopefully someone that doesn't know your W), and dump all of your emotions on him. This isn't going to go away. For now, just minimize the damage to yourself.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
2ltl2lt Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks wet, I think I can get through it.

Never quit on love
2ltl2lt Offline OP
OP Offline
Another installment of my weird life , not in any particular order:

As I mentioned, I had a natural knack for anything mechanical. This was my senior year of high school and I took Ag Mechanics as an elective. There was a contest at a one of the biggest events in our city in February where they intentionally "bug" tractors and time the students on how long it takes them to fix. There was also a written test and an individual components test. Our school had just started participating in this that year and we were very underprepared. Another competing school had participated since the contest started. They won almost every time.

The written part and the individual components test were judged on an individual basis and the debugging of the tractor was judged on a team basis. Our team started working on the tractor and I immediately found three of the seven bugs they had put in place. The goal was to get the thing running and drive it around the arena. We got it going enough to do that but didn't find everything so were deducted points for that.

By the time it was all said and done, our team effort was fourth place but my individual effort was first place. My prize was a brand new full sized professional toolbox full of $10,000 worth of tools. Something I could have never been able to afford at the time. This event actually got me started in my profession and I still have those tools to this day. I built my entire life, my job , my home, my family with those tools. Countless days repairing the family car and countless days earning a paycheck for my family.

To this day, my W couldn't find me a 9/16 box end wrench to save her life. After all those tools have done for us!

Never quit on love
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard