Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
Yeah! Linda stirred up things here, LOL! FY, I’m so happy that thing are moving along and that you had a great vacation! What you said about the true love resonates with me! Also, about a great team that you W and you make together!

Bust on back to you ya, FY!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
R
R
This is so wonderful to hear, FY. Well, except for the sand fleas and diarrhea LOL. I am remembering our first years schlogging thru this loooong process together, and your yearly vacation trips. This one sounded a lot better than those first ones after BD!

Nice to hear that things are slowly progressing. Better than regressing! And that you are hanging in there. You're right -- that IS love!

Do you guys have any pets now?

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
R
R
Hello Forever Young. I dipped through your threads a few times and intend to read your full story again shortly.As my W is still at hone, several people, including Job have recommended I check out your threads. As someone who has travelled this path much longer than me, I would appreciate your insights and thoughts about my situation. I recently moved to mlc forum under WAS or what 8.

Your strength has been a tremendous inspiration to many you don't even know. I just wanted to drop by and introduce myself.

Best wishes

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
F
OP Offline
F
Job, thanks for all your kind words. You have helped me a lot and continue to do so. It is truly appreciated! smile

Even all the dog gone patience shovels. laugh

Originally Posted By: job
So where do you think you and your wife will head next?

We discussed taking a road trip in the new car. Nothing firm planned yet.

Linda, OMG! You are correct, some of the Anniversary trips of recent past were quite painful, often worse than being at home! Even this latest trip had a few tense moments, but we were able to work through it and have a good time, because commitment. (and understanding)

No new dog yet, frown but we have a bunny and parakeet, both which were found loose in the wild. Being a domestic (pet) rabbit and warm climate bird, both would have perished long ago had we not rescued them.

Roist, if I can help at all I will be honored. I have looked through your threads and will drop by your latest one soon.

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
R
R
I have started reading your threads. I have questions and thoughts but I will complete my reading before asking. I am up to the end of your second thread in mlc section.

We have had some similar thoughts running through our heads. I am curious to see your full path.

I am curious though. How did it turn out for T2?

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
job Offline
roist,

TSquared 2 (T2) is divorced and it looks like he last posted over a year ago. He did everything humanly possible and yet, it wasn't enough to save his relationship w/his xw.

I'm providing the link to his last thread.

20th Thread - The Undiscovered Country

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D

Hi FY do you remember the following:

Thanks for your reply FY, you just keep posting your thoughts, I would like to trade places with you, know joke, you still have a chance, but don't the feck blow it OK.

Love

Delboy

P.S Feck is used in 'Father Ted' (instead of the real F word) another brilliant British T V series.

11/29/12 06:22 PM Re: The Thinkers Thread [Re: Delboy]
-------------------------------------------------------
Your Reply:

With the help of the fine folks here, I'm trying my best not to blow it. laugh

Thanks, Father Ted!

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
---------------------------------------------------------------

P.S Did you ever believe you would make it this far?
Love
Delboy

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Delboy

Hi FY do you remember the following:

Thanks for your reply FY, you just keep posting your thoughts, I would like to trade places with you, know joke, you still have a chance, but don't the feck blow it OK.

Love

Delboy

P.S Feck is used in 'Father Ted' (instead of the real F word) another brilliant British T V series.

Yes, I do remember your above post from way back when! Thanks, and I'd say everyone here "still has a chance". It isn't over until we say it's over.

Quote:
P.S Did you ever believe you would make it this far?
Love
Delboy

Early on, while thinking about how I badly I fecked things up, I remember giving "us" a 50/50 shot of making it this far. There were moments where that dropped much lower. Think: Roller coaster ride! Yahoo! sick But as time went on, things s-l-o-w-l-y got better. I'm so glad I held on. smile

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

B
B
happy for you FY... you are an inspiration. my heart always gives a little extra beat when I read your sig, "she's still worth it" xoxoxo many blessings

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
R
R
I now have read and in some cases reread all of your threads. I learned some interesting stuff, got some pointers and got a frightening insight into how long my path could be. Best not think about that, hey.

Throughout your struggle even at the worst moments, your sense of humour was awesome. I may not have made it through all those threads without that!!! I smiled, smirked and sometimes laughed at your posts. You inspire me to want to be as good humoured. It undoubtedly helped you.

I have many questions but I will start with ONE. Only answer if you want to. Can you describe fully exactly where ye are at now? I am happy you are happy.

Best wishes

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard