Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Underdog #2624447 11/17/15 01:04 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Bets! I do hope we can connect while you are in town and congrats to your daughter on progressing to the Elite 8!

BA

Just want to let you know that I'm moving in for awhile. I'm renovating, and need a free place to stay for a spell. grin

I don't have much to say anyway. I'll be a quiet and unassuming guest. There's just not much happening with me right now. I'm waiting for D21 to get home from school on Monday before I go into full fledged whacko mode. Duly warned!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2629975 12/09/15 06:51 PM
B
OP Offline
B
As I said on your thread - the door is open - you're always welcome, especially if you are accompanied with a fine bottle of scotch! ;-)

Happy New Year! It's 5:00 somewhere, so I come bearing a bottle of virtual single malt. Neat or a rock or two?

My quick update, since I'm not posting anything about what I'm doing on the alt until it's all said and done. It's moving week for me, and after being in my house for 16 years, it's HELL. Pure hell. I'm sore and tired of my ever growing to do list. But I'm seriously happy it's something that is happening and not on my radar.

I'm doing lots of trips back and forth because I don't have a load of boxes and it's fairly close. The movers come on Saturday to move the furniture. I have a lot to do between now and then. D21 leaves for her final semester tomorrow, and D18 heads back to school for her last semester on Wednesday. She has her first Project Unify basketball game on Wednesday, with another on Friday. That means a load of laundry for me on Wednesday night. Yay? Oh, and the snow is moving in tonight. After a beautiful weekend, I'm not so hot on moving in snow...

Once I get moved, then the work on my current house begins. Painting mostly and some repairs. With some consistent effort, I'll have it on the market by the end of the month. I can't say enough how happy I will be to get this all settled and start living again.

I'm postponing my resolutions for 2016 until I get this elephant out of the living room. But rest assured, it will be Betsey-centric. More healthy living. More exercise. More joy. Both girls are graduating in May, so bring it on!

I hope 2016 is everything everybody has prayed for... and more.

Hugs!
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2638318 01/04/16 09:27 PM
K
K
Thinking of you Bets! Where did the holidays go? I was trying to get work done that wasn't available on my second job. Not fun. I meant to call but things would get crazy and well here we are.

We are definitely going to set a time to catch up once your world slows down. In the meantime Happy New Year! This year is going to be so much better. smile

hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Underdog #2638398 01/05/16 12:29 AM
W
W
Hey Bets!

I guess its the year of New Beginnings for you and your chickies. How wonderful is that despite the grunt work of moving, taking classes, and hauling your butt all over the place to get the desired result(s)? No? Yeah!!!

Now I have this burning question for you as I have the memory of an elephant (thank God no more MLC swiss cheese brain):

Have you meet The One over the last month as predicted by the psychic lady last year??! Do you recognize him yet?

Inquiring minds want to know....yeah, I am such a wide-eyed Pollyana hanging out in the beer section. wink

Wonka #2638500 01/05/16 04:35 AM
Wonka! How the heck have you been? I've missed you!

Wow, I have menopause brain and totally forgot about her vision! Sad to say, if I *did* meet him, he's probably packed somewhere. grin I've met a few guys, but one is post-D and a mess, and I'm not even sure the other one is available. Unless he's carrying a tool belt and driving an F -250, I don't know if I'd have even noticed him?!?!

Just maybe my move timing is delaying this a bit. Or maybe I should switch teams? shocked

I'm sitting here in my family room, watching hockey on my last night with both girls in this house. We're reminiscing a bit, and thanking this house for giving us plenty of great memories. It's strange. D21's bestie is dropping by tomorrow morning before we head to the airport to "veg for the last time in her home away from home". That kinda brought a lump to my throat. It's all good.

Can I buy you another beer?

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2638797 01/05/16 07:03 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog
Happy New Year! It's 5:00 somewhere, so I come bearing a bottle of virtual single malt. Neat or a rock or two?

Hi Bets - I'm taking my scotch neat please AND in large quantities as it's been that kind of week, month and more. The job is really kicking me in the butt! Non-stop with lots of late hours. Only thing getting me by is that each day I complete is one day closer to retirement - just wish that number was not in the thousands! :-)

Moving [censored] - I've done it more than a dozen times having been in the military and then after retiring I married my now ex still had another 12 years of service to go. I have lived in my current house for 5 1/2 years and that is the longest I have lived any one place in my entire life (yes my parents moved around a lot). Anyway, I'm looking forward to only one more permanent move when the lovely retirement date arrives in about 1600 days - give or take a few!

Best,
BA

BA - you got it. Neat it is. I don't know why work gets crazy after the holidays? Seems to be the case when you need to ease back into things, right? Good luck.

I haven't been a frequent mover. Maybe when I was single and needed to apartment shop or roommate shop. But since I've been married, I lived in our first house for 9 years and this one for 16. And it still svcks! Keep your eye on retirement... that sounds really good!

Today is more of the same, but it's snowing and cold. Oh well. I'm warm, wearing my Uggs, no makeup and heater turned up. It's all good. At least until I start moving more stuff. My current load is bedding, then tonight I start in my kitchen. Haven't decided on the pantry or dishes. Big decision.

Now for something weird. Amusing weird. My D18 is participating (I use that term loosely) in the Special Olympics Project Unify basketball at her high school. It's a blast. Every year, they have a statewide tournament down at the Pepsi Center on the afternoon of a night the Nuggets play. It's been mid to late February until this year. Wouldn't you know it's Sunday this year? The worst possible day for me. But it required me to pony up for tickets to the game at a great discount just to get her and us in, but they're great seats. I bought one for her dad, knowing he's typically up for BB and watching the kids play.

He informed me 2 days ago that he's in work hell and that for the next 2 months, he's going to have to work a lot of weekends and might need me to take more of his. Okay, that's fine. I'm okay with that. So he told me he was working this Sunday and that he couldn't go and that I could find someone else to go. He *could* have ended the conversation there. Right?

Back when we were newly divorced, my D21 told me that his BFF had a massive crush on me. Um, no. Hell no. He finally told me that a little later, and I point blank asked him, "Are you crazy? What are you thinking? We could double date? NO!" We haven't spoken about the BFF in that context since then. It's been at least 8-9 years.

So after he told me I was free to find someone else to go with us, he said, "BFF would LOVE to go with you." I replied, "I think I'll call Melissa. She loves all things D18 and sports."

I had about 20 minutes to get myself grossed out before calling D21 at school and telling her I needed to say some words so they would go away. I told her and she got quiet before saying, "I have NO idea why one earth Dad feels he needs to be R's wing man. That is just so disturbing. I'm sorry, Mom. WTF?"

Indeed. WTF?

I'm going to let this one go until we take our road trip to NY for D21's graduation. We're driving out together so we can carpool back with all her crap after graduation and take turns driving. THEN I'm going to bring this up and tell him to knock it off. I will NEVER, EVER date his BFF. And I do mean NEVER.

Welcome to my bizarre world. If I wanted a man, I'd have one. I'll find one on my own. Even though his BFF has a big a$$ truck and would probably move everything for me if I asked...

Blech.

Back to reality. Happy Thursday to everyone here-
Betsey

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2648239 01/29/16 10:12 AM
Since I'm here... I'll do a quick update before I get back to sales. I need to sell more stuff.

So the move has come and gone, and there have been numerous trips back and forth to haul the crap that wasn't packed when the movers came. I've made a lot of progress, yet there is still so much left to do. I'm kind of overwhelmed, but I'm not sure why, since the heavy lifting is mostly done?

The kitchen cabinets in my former home are being painted today, and next week is a tightly scheduled cadence of services: tile cleaning on Monday, carpet installation in the bedrooms on Tuesday, house cleaning on Wednesday, staging on Thursday, and professional photographer on Friday. The sign is out (coming soon) and it will hit the MLS next Friday. And as mother nature does, we are expecting a foot of snow on Sunday/Monday. My carpet guy seems the most concerned, but I figure it is what it is. I'll deal with it later.

I'm ready for this show to be over. The only stuff left to move is some stuff in the basement and the garage. I can do that intermittently.

In the meantime, life goes on. I don't hear much from my D21, though she did text me last night that she nailed Love Shack at a bar karaoke night and everyone told her she was awesome. crazy She turned down a permanent job with the company that hired her as a summer intern last summer. I know she'll turn this into a story with a happy ending, but all I can say is WTF.

D18 is doing basketball and plodding along. She's been a little confused by our house thing. Probably because we keep going back to the old house to haul loads. But she only got mad once, so I figure it's all good. We've been really enjoying the gas fireplace, which puts out a lot of heat. I had a wood burning one in my old house, and I just didn't ever have the energy to do it. My D21 was the fire junkie. So that's been nice.

Now all I need to concentrate on is selling. I need more projects in the pipeline, so that's my focus right now.

So that's it for now. I might be crazy when this is all over.

Hope you guys all dug out from the snow last weekend. My folks are totally over it, and are fortunate that their furnace went south on Tuesday and not then. God was looking out for them, for sure.

Have a great weekend-
Betsey

Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard