Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
kml #2628085 12/02/15 04:11 AM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Went to my meeting last night. I'm chairing the meeting in December. It will help me to keep going. Another person suggested it.

Went on another date and had fun. So strange to date without feeling like I HAVE to find someone. I'm just enjoying myself. He called me beautiful and that was nice too.

Reached out today to some more homeschool groups. There's tons for us to do now that it's the holidays. The Art Museum in Asheville is open tomorrow for free.

Feeling better. Thanks for the support yesterday. Have to get past that feeling that I'm a failure because I struggle in this one area of my life. I will get there.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2629383 12/07/15 09:19 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Just an update:

So, Matt appears to be pursuing still. He is honoring the phone block, but is writing me a letter. He asked me to write him a letter.

Y'all who have followed along with my story know I have pretty much said everything there is to say, plus more, plus some more... Then! Even more. I haven't bottled up a single feeling, thought or even idea throughout this journey AND I've made sure he enjoyed each and every one of my thoughts, feelings, ideas, bad days, joys, etc...

Can't think of a thing to say in a letter. How ironic is that!!!! Sorta blows me away. I don't have a damn thing to say to this guy. And, HE IS ASKING ME TO WRITE HIM.

P.S. In a side note... I've been keeping my private photos and so forth private no FB... but, anything I share that is silly or something from someone else's page, I post public.

So, he's calling himself Kermit because I posted the silly Kermit and Miss Piggy version of Adelle's song on my FB page. I swear, I couldn't make this stuff up. He is comparing our relationship to Piggy and Kermit.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

LoisB #2629384 12/07/15 09:25 PM
job Offline
If I were in your shoes, I would wait to see what he has to say in his letter. I wouldn't write to him first. Besides, everything has been said that requires addressing....right?

If I were him, I would be putting forth the effort to write to my daughters. But, it's evident, he's still got a lot of issues to resolve before he can reconnect w/them as a parent or even a man.

Don't write to him...make him come to you first.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2629386 12/07/15 09:35 PM
S
S
Hi Lois, I agree with Job. Clearly he seems to be trying to maintain some link. But it sounds as though he'd like that link without really doing anything to change himself.

Will that work for you - to be pen pals?It is still quite soon after the D, and I think it is probably a good time to be enjoying your independence and building your new life...

JMHO of course xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Sotto #2629395 12/07/15 09:53 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
No intention of writing Kermit. Now, if he was Miss Piggy, maybe :-)

I've said it all. My soul is clean and has nothing to say.

LoisB #2629461 12/08/15 03:09 AM
B
B
I am so shocked by the turn in him. It only took him 2 years ++ to realize you were gone.

You had reached out to him so so much early on. Everyone on these boards was like please stop telling him about your feelings and now he wants to engage. I am really blown away.

I wonder what the experts on these boards have to say.

All I can say is Wow - time really is on our side

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

BklynMom #2629467 12/08/15 04:06 AM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I know!! I told that dumba$$ every Effin time I sneezed or had a bad dream.

He was even telling me today how I should be wary of the men I'm dating because anyone single at our age shouldn't be trusted!

He said he wished he could take back all he did.

LoisB #2629468 12/08/15 04:09 AM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
And, how am I Adele or Miss Piggy! Obviously, I'm the Kermit in this situation.

Oh!!! And, I almost forgot! Who texts me during this conversation? The Forester. WTF?!

BklynMom #2629471 12/08/15 04:14 AM
B
B
Heather, I was waiting for this update… I’m not kidding… I thought he would communicate with you again… I would write him to tell him that you said everything you wanted and that you will listen to what he has to say. This is just me… in the mood I’m today, LOL… And provided there will be no emotional consequence on your part. Maybe job’s idea to wait until he comes to you first is probably the best, I’ve never seen her to be wrong.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I don't really want to read what he has to say.

He said he has saved the letters I wrote him from two-three years ago.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard