Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am mostly through my crazy week. Not expecting ex's wife (affair partner) to be at the rehearsal, but I just tried to not think about it and had the baby for a bit and spoke with my son's future sister-in-law.

Now, I have to try hard not to cry at the wedding.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
G
G
congratulations to your fam! I hope everything went beautifully, and not crying at a wedding is almost nearly impossible. I cry at every wedding I go to, sometimes for different reasons, but when it's your own kid, I can't imagine.

Now you can relax just a bit, I hope this gets less crazy for you.

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The wedding was lovely. I called it on my son crying when he saw his bride. It was a very sweet moment. The bridesmaids had tears and I welled up but held it together.

Today is his birthday, but he is so worn out from this past week and all the work they did, he is putting off celebrating that. So strange to hear him say that he had to find his wife. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Some wedding pictures are posted on the alt.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
I'm so happy for you and your crew... you've had a lot of love in the past year, and that's just so awesome. I love how happy you all look.

Congratulations to you!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
K
Congratulations on the wedding! Your family is adorable...Happy for you!!!!

Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks! I have been so busy catching up on everything (and still doing so) that I haven't been on here much lately. The baby is growing so much, I hadn't gotten to see her for two weeks. She will be 9 months old on Friday.

I suppose I have done a total about face on her, well or not. I have always loved her but just worried for the kids because that is what they are. They are growing so much too and I am happy that they are really in this together. My son is constantly being complimented for being such a good dad as he is very hands on. She is going to be a daddy's girl for sure. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Been about three weeks since I posted. My life is just exhausting and I know more than anything, I need to figure out my work/life balance because right now it really doesn't exist.

On happier notes: The Royals won last night! Just three more to go!!! I don't have the time to watch the games and work and in reality the game is way too slow for my liking. Basketball, I can handle on a regular basis. What maybe two games a week and usually one on a weekend so I have time to work around it.

However that doesn't diminish how exciting it is to be in this area and to be cheering the boys in blue on. Hope tonight isn't any where near as long and we can wrap this puppy up!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
K
Glad you're doing good...Hope you get some time to relax soon. I know, what's that...Are you still looking for a new job? My new job has been a huge help now that I don't have to work OT every week.

Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, still looking. Not wanting to jump in to a dead end job but one that has room to grow. I really don't seem to fit many of the job out there that can pay what I would like so I don't have to work two jobs and 60 hours a week. It may just be time for me to go out on my own doing bits of everything!!

S20 and his wife put in an offer for a house that is close to me and it was accepted. Will need to sell most of his stocks for the down payment. Well, it really is his money. I just made the majority of investment choices. Don't know too many 20 years olds with 23k saved, so I should be happy that my choices and his money did so well in just 4 years.

Aching for this change to come!! But Yippee our Royals won the World Series, just 30 years from the last one!!!People were setting off fireworks. Initially it sounded like gunshots but I figured we won, I just couldn't stay up and wait it out. I was beat. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard