Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Post from Pink:

Hi V,

So energy levels are down. I work with a lot of diabetic patients and I see these comments all the time.

Yes I am type 2 familial, and it is well controlled. Been a great deal better since I started this low fructose diet. 50% of my food is vegetables these days. Gone from my diet starches. I do try to have liver once a week. And cheeeeeeeese is off the menu.

First, I need to ask if everything about your health is in check. Maybe it sounds like one more annoying thing in your To Do List, but it is the most important.

it is much better, but I still have weight to loose, and it is coming down but slowly.....
I agree, although I can tell you my fins have come first in the last two months. WH caused a great deal of destruction. On 2 November I will have been NC for 6 months. I am hoping this is another milestone.

glucose levels,

Much much better, coming in at about 6.2.

all the vitamins levels,

Vit D is an issue. I am still on 3000 iu a day and it is still only 29. It was at 8. The rest are fine, potassium slightly low and not abnormal.

thyroid checked,

I have no thyroid function since I had aggressive cervical cancer 15 years ago, the radio killed my thyroid, I take levo at 125 divided dose (250 a day). Cortisol is off the scale at moment, doc not bothered by that. Adrenalin ok.

One of the truly horrible things about this, is my hair drops out with stress. It is growing back a little. I thought I had a big bald patch and it proved to be pure white hair, I couldn't see it. I call that phase when I was ill my funny bunny phase. There is a lovely film about called Miss You Already. This sums up how I feel.

all acid levels,

I have never had this tested, I will research.

cholesterol (good and bad)...

I am told my ratio is superb. My heart is in good shape. The vast quantities of antibiotics I took for my tooth problem have caused a lot of issues. Yeast overgrowth and a colon ulcer for start. I do take extra good high strength gut bacteria tablet, the kind that goes through the acid in the tummy. Lots of live yogurt too. Doc says will take a couple of years to rebalance, I watched an Internet talk which said that poor gut bacteria levels have a very bad effect on health.

they all count a good chunk of your energy levels.

Thank you for caring, you are right.

On the other hand, are you taking some anti depressants (even the minimum dose)?

No, I find they have a paradoxical effect. They make me feel worse. I am not sad, just overburdened.

They help with that agonizing feeling of being overwhelmed.

I know that can be, although in my case, I really am overburdened! When my Fins are good, I will get some massages.

Exercise...exercise... and a little more exercise... yes, it sound like we do not have time for it, but once you get at least a half an hour on it, then you feel like your time is increasing, because your energy increase and you are more productive. It's also good for your blood flow and your brain works a lot better.

I do about 15 mins a day with weights. Was told to keep exercise really minimal for a while. When the clinical trial on the diet is finished then I can exercise like crazy. I was once slim and sassy, now I am a UK size 12, I don't like it.

It's easy? No,No,No... it's the hardest thing to get out buds out of the cough and go hard on your body, it's a lot easier to eat French fries.

My food and eating is superb most of the time Pink. I have even cut back on the wine! I find alcohol brings me down a couple of days after drinking. So now I don't drink much at all. Fried foods are off the menu. I am not keen on fries and fast food tastes and smells so yucky.

Is it impossible? No,No,No... it's not, it takes one day at a time and then you find yourself better and better and then you do it more.

Yes, Pink you are right about that. Absolutely.

Please V, I know very well what it is ... I will do it tomorrow. But some health issues are silent and you can't tell what is going on unless you are checked. At least a blood test every three months.

Luckily whilst I am on the trial that is happening!

As my lovely RD said, money is king. And he is right. Stop this agony about not having the cash, feel depressed and then don't do the one thing that can get the cash flowing.

He is, and WH made such a mess of the accounting over 3 or 4 years, I couldn't work out who had paid, what they were supposed to pay. The cash was in the wrong accounts. A real mess, I am gradually sorting it all out. It is taking time. In the meanwhile there are deadlines that can't be ignored. It's getting there with hard work.

Get to the easy invoices first, the ones that are not loaded with troubles.

That is what I am doing now. It would be helpful to be able to send out statements, reconcile time sheets etc. It is gradually moving forward. Heavens I have posted all the bank statements almost up to date. The piles of paper from WH drawers, duplicates, receipts have been sorted. Juse when I think it's all resolved I find another pile, scrappy notes and nonsense stuff. I am wading through it. I am a lucky lady I stopped this when I did. A couple more months and there would be no rescuing. WH created idiotic meaningless spreadsheets, without dates and no proper descriptions of items. He moved cash about without documenting it. Corrected entries incorrect try. Absolute mayhem!

Get that out of the way and out of the door, then as you wait the cash to start coming, get to the complicate ones.

Unfortunately the complex ones are the large ones! What I have been doing is invoicing my work as I go. Each unique piece as a separate item. The rest needs unpicking.

Lately, I am writing one note for each thing I need to get accomplished. Sounds idiot? Not for me.

Makes sense. I use Excel spreadsheets.

I have three boys, a house, was left by my stupid H with all the responsibility, work full time, think about RD and need to deal with whatever hell comes my way.

Careful Pink, you are free to have an EA and RD isn'the yet a free man.

The notes work well. I made a cork panel in a wall close to my kitchen and put all my cards there. Every time a card comes off the panel, it's a victory, it's an accomplishment. You may think I am in kindergarten mode but it works for us adults too.

I use a whiteboard and coloured pens!

Motivation does not just appear, it needs to come from inside of you, so you need to help to see what is there. I work with patient without one leg, some don't have two legs, others don't have arms (or both), I work with people that have MS and need braces in every part of their body. I have been learning a great deal of how to face my own problems without feeling overwhelmed.

Sounds very rewarding indeed. I just deal with those with broken money issues!

Think it could be worse and at that instance you start feeling better and thanking (in my case God) that you have another day to be V, just V.

One day at a time. It is moving forward just not fast enough for me. I do prioritise and it's a tough balance.

Please V, if you can spare some minutes, let us know about your health, so we can help to keep you in check.

Pink these are the things I think I need to tackle:

1.Nutrition
Vit D levels low
Keep sugar low
Alcohol minimal
Eat for the weight I want to be

2. Sleep
Maybe later nights
Eallier rising

3. Exercise
Keep with kettle balls
Up aerobic exercise when doc says ok
I do the program PP put together for me

Come on girl, you can do a lot more, stop the vicious circle of depression and anxiety, they are your worse enemies.

I don't think I am depressed, do I come across that way?, i just feel overwhelmed by all the workload although the damage by the abuse does tire me.

Love you lots V. ((((((((V)))))))))

Ditto. Thank you for caring Pink, I would value your feedback on the above, especially from someone who knows her stuff.

Pink

Last edited by Vanilla; 10/28/15 07:29 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
RD,

Yes I know although I know impirically that I am not lazy, if I sleep in or am distracted then I feel quite guilty at the moment.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Yesterday was a tough day.

The bank pulled my overdraft. I collected offffice furniture in a hired van and a bus drove in he side of it and the driver denied it, ( I wasn't in the van at the time).

Received the bill from my L needs paying in 7 days.

Once again no cash.

Off I go to invoice again today, payrolls need finishing. I have to get my own accounts sorted.

Too much going on.

Still off to the gym, new regime begins today in three quarters of an hour.

V

V 64, WAW

S
S
Hi V, I'm sorry it was a tough day for you my friend. I hope today is a better one..

Soon the big house will be sold and your finances will settle down, your work will recover and your health will improve.

At the moment, you are engaging with some brutal reality, and have faith that things will ultimately work out well.

Make sure you take a little time to relax and recharge this weekend.

Take care xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
J
Oh Lady V...much love and light xxx

Last edited by JellyB; 10/31/15 09:01 AM.
F
F
Sorry V, wish I could give you a real hug and help. You are an inspiration to us all and just motivated me to get up and get my [censored] together so I thank you. Through all of that you still manage to plan gym time and here I am with some equipment and a plan in my own home and I still ruminate on my sitch instead of focusing on improving me.

Praying things ease up soon to give you a rest from the stress.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
G
G
Sometimes we should on ourselves too much nilla. No one else expects as much as we often do.

Just let some things work out in there own time.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
D
D
Hey V,

I totally get the whole finance debacle. I'm running on monetary fumes. I don't want to leave the house right now because I can't afford the gas. I don't answer the house phone because I really don't want to hear how much I'm behind in paying my bills. Thankfully, closing on the house is in 24 days. After that I can pay off all my bills and start living again. I get so angry at my H that he put me in this position. I get angry at myself that I ever let it get this far. I was always so independent! What happened to me? For now I'm hibernating, but in less than a month I will emerge.

You are a strong, intelligent woman! This too shall pass! You are taking steps to correct your financial situation. It seems overwhelming right now, but it will come.

Di-mond in the rough
M-45 H-38
My children S-25 D-23
T 5 M 4
H left April Fools Day 2015

One day at a time!
U
U
Let's try this.

"Hey there higher power, don't mean to question your methods or anything, but don't you think Vanilla has had enough for now? Just and idea, but let's spread this pain out a little so she can heal - I will gladly take some for her, she has had her fair share - thanks!!"

But really V, I'm sorry this does not seem to be letting up. Please be strong and take care of yourself, and I'd gladly take some of this burden off of you if I could.

you are always in my thoughts. Peace

u-turn

Me-45 W-44
S21, S18, D15
T-27, M-21
BD Jan 2014
PA revealed March 2014
In-house separation - April 2015
I filed - Aug 2015
She moved out Oct 2015
A
A
Hello, sweet V! Just catching up on your thread. I understand that you're feeling a bit overwhelmed. I hope that eases up soon. Honestly, you amaze me! You do so much. I'm using you as one of my inspirations and role models as I begin healing and moving forward from the pain and trauma of my own life.

I truly hope you get WH's Fin mess cleaned up soon, so that it's over, and you never have to worry about it again. You deserve some peace and calm in that area.

Thanks so much for sharing your story the way you do. I know I'm not the only person here you inspire. smile

Me: 48 H: 50 - Married 21 - 3-S: 29,19,19 2-D: 27,26
BD: 08/2015 - D filed & OW disc: 09/2015

"Surrender to What Is, Let Go of What Was, Have Faith in What Will Be." -S Ricotti
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard