Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
B
Hey, Georgia, great to hear from you! I know that you might not believe in it, but if you feed your dog a regular dog food, it is not good for him. I lost my precious dog to cancer and I read a lot about this, and about the dog food, etc. I was horrified what goes into the dog food. You are essentially poisoning your pet by feeding him/her a conventional pet food. I make food for my dog, and if I have to feed him the dry or canned food, it is always the food without excessive processing, no grain or corn additives. It is more expensive, but you would save on the vet bills at the end. I’m not saying that you should do it, but this is something I’m passionate about – feeding the dogs a good quality food, so they don’t get sick. I have a lot more to say about the dog diets, but I realize that it is not for everyone. I do hope that people who love animals would do more research on different food for them.

I’m with you on being happy about people’s anniversaries and engagements. I’m the same way. Also regarding the dating. I get the same comments from people about me not dating. I think I’m slowly warming up to this idea though. I have more time passed since my BD, LOL.

My wish for you is that one day you meet an extraordinary guy, who would cherish you for who you are and admire your kids, and be there for you. You are a lady who has it all! Or… maybe Mr. GB wakes up one day and thinks “what the f@ck I did…” And he turns into an absolutely mature, responsible, caring, remorseful… human being… Not sure if you would still consider him as a potential partner at that time… In any case, I wish you the happiness that you deserve!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Job and BF. It's always wonderful to hear from you both. Job, your words are always like a blanket just out of the dryer. BF, I do follow your sitch.

Sadly, now they do think it is cancer. It has been difficult and I have told the kids that it is the worst thing about having pets-they just don't live as long as us. However, we are lucky to have them in our lives and they bring us so much joy. I have told them he doesn't have much time before I have to make a decision, so let's pamper him and remind him of how happy we are to have him as part of our family. He has always been a wonderful dog who loves kids and animals. We were fortunate to find him. I told them nothing can replace him, although another rescue will need a family and kids to play with soon. Hot dogs for him:)

I don't want to waste the space on this, however, I tried to have a conversation with X Mr. GB and it is clear he is still orbiting Saturn. I no longer engage in crazy and I had to remove myself for the discussion. He was very dismissive of the kids' sadness at our dog being sick and well, I realized that's on him. And I am reminded that I am grateful not to be him. Couldn't live like that.

Thanks for your kind words, BF. I admire your tenacity and commitment. Some days, I like to think I have permanently removed myself from the dating pool. And I guess because society still thinks I'm cute (death grip on cute!!!!) that people are perplexed as to why I'm not "out there.' Whatever that means. Again, life if fluid so who knows what the future holds. I'm glad you are warming to the idea of dating. Dating should be fun and there are many, many good guys out there. I know several so that I am 100% certain of:)

Happy Friday! XO

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
job Offline
I am so sorry to hear this news. I had to make a decision about my cat last August and it was the most humane decision I could make, but it still hurt. You will know when it is time to do the right thing and yes, he will travel over the "Rainbow Bridge" and will be waiting for you and your family on the other side.

You are so right about another fur baby will be needing a home and I'm sure that after a period of grieving you and your children will become fur baby parents once again and no one or thing can replace the current fur baby.

I think that in time, we are all grateful that we aren't them. I couldn't imagine living like that w/scrambled wires misfiring at times.

Please take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
T
Hi Georgia.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

frown

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Job and Tad. Sadly, it was a very aggressive cancer and I had to have my big teddy bear euthanized last week. I had the vet come to the house and it was actually very peaceful. He stuck by me while he was here so I definitely owed it to him to give him my best on the way out. And while I miss him terribly, he was in pain and that was unbearable to watch-for my kids as well.

So, while sad about his passing, the kids and I are excited about adding a new rescue to our home. Just have to find the right fit.

Sending everyone hugs and a great week!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
C
C
GB... My heart goes out to you, we had to do the same thing .... Cancer was quick and Boss went fast ... 4 months after I received BD

losing our furballs is tough, and seems to me it's even harder with the kiddos

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

job Offline
I am so sorry about your dog. You did the right thing for him. He is no longer in pain. In time, you'll find the right rescue fur baby to take into your home. There are so many out there that need a kind and loving home. You and your children will make good "parents" to a new fur baby.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
G8r Offline
G
So sorry to read about the loss of your dog. It's extremely sad and the hardest decision I ever had to make. It's been 4 years and every so often I think of him. Fortunately I didn't have any kids a that time. Sounds like you've done a bang up job helping them cope. Vaya con dios.

Me:44 W:38
T:10.5 M:7.5
D:3
BD: 7/2015
W moves out of MBR: 9/2015
WW files for D: 2/8/2016
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks so much Cali, Job, and G8r. I do miss my fur boy and I know that is was the right thing.

Two people I am acquainted with have lost children in the last week-one to suicide and the other to a chronic illness. Very sad situations. Everyone's feelings are theirs, although it does put into perspective when some people think "everything is awful." We really don't know what tomorrow brings.

X Mr.GB is moving in with his girlfriend and girl is ready for a ring. While I can honestly say this doesn't make me sad or jealous, it IS weird. I supposed because I thought I would be with him forever. I think the only thing I grapple with (and everyone can call me whatever for thinking this) is how is x Mr. GB suddenly staying employed? He was fired at least 3 times when we were married. Was it because he knew I would pick up the slack or "catch his fall"? I know some of this never makes sense but he complained that I emasculated him and wasn't supportive. I supported all of his ideas but he always threw in the towel. Was he really so unhappy that he couldn't keep a job? I would think that was an escape? Argh. Ignore me. That is the only piece I struggle with as I would love to have had additional help when we were married. Oh well. That's in the past. Perhaps by living with GF payments will be complete and on time.

Thanks everyone.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
job Offline
Georgia,
My xh husband was very much like yours, i.e., couldn't keep a job, be it he was fired and/or quit and the last job he held, he wanted to quite 2 years after he was employed there and was still employed there when he left. Funny, he hated the job and didn't want to talk or hear about it. Once he was gone, you would have thought it was the a job that he loved to the utmost. He's retired now and hangs out at the firehouse all of the time, something he had no interest in when he was living w/me.

I think they did the above w/us because we were their safety nets and loved them and tended to ignore/accept their flaws. Now, they have no choice but to "man up" and work jobs and pay their bills on time. They want to be the rescuer this time around and not rescued. Of course, to them, we were their mothers who did them wrong, when we were only being responsible and accountable for earnings and ensuring bills got paid on time. Time will tell how his new situation plays out.

I'm sorry to read about the loss of the children. It's always difficult for parents to deal w/losses of this kind. It truly makes us stop and think about what is going on in our lives and quite frankly, nothing is worse than a death. At least we can survive MLC and move forward and live our lives after the shock of it all.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard