Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
RAI Offline
R
Way to go Pinn!

My runmeter conked out on me mid run last weekend so I don't know the exact distance I ran. Luckily I know how long I ran for. I think I did about 10 miles. I really felt it for 3-4 days. As a gift to myself, I decided to do some swimming instead of pounding the pavement again- let my joints heal a bit. Swimming is kind of boring, excellent exercise... but kind of boring. I also have not quite figured out the breathing. I have no idea if my technique is good. It was just good to be in the water.

Last night I did the elliptical. What an awesome machine. Open-stride makes it even better.

I will have to take to the streets again eventually. Maybe today. This Sunday will probably be my last long run until the 1/2-marathon. then, comes the taper.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
R
RAI Offline
R
Starting my taper. Did 8 miles over the weekend. Still a bit sore, but otherwise, all parts seems to be in working order.

Hopefully 4-5 miles tonight. Maybe hit the elliptical tomorrow.

Eye on the prize.

RAI

R
RAI Offline
R
6.5 miles last night. Felt good. minor muscle aches only. Elliptical tonight - hopefully.

Getting really close now.

In case I forget to mention it later, I will be "wearing" alot on my sleeve on race day. In particular, I want to say that although I will not be advertising it outwardly, I am running for all the DBers out there who have shared their struggles on this board. I am thankful for all of you who have been so supportive over the last year since I joined this treasured community. I have learned so much from so many of you.

We've gotten this far and that is a lot for which to be proud, but we all have ways to go. So let's keep on keepin' on!!!!

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
P
P
Hi RAI... when is your half? Mine is in a week.

L
L
Finally started running again last week! Determined to stay consistent and not beat myself up over how out of shape I allowed myself to get. I will not being doing the Half I signed up for in Nov but am still scheduled for the Ragnar Relay in Feb.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I can at least get to the point where I am running the entire trail we go to (a little less than 3 miles). I really need to lose some of he extra pounds I packed on. Yuck!

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
P
P
do it up lost!

P
P
race day tomorrow... just in time too... need something to keep my focus

P
P
welp that's over with... time of 1.36.34 not bad but well short of the goal. Learned a few things and I'll get em next time. I'll do one again in the spring with a different training program.... hopefully it will be warmer than 30F degrees!!

R
RAI Offline
R
I also had my race yesterday. I shattered my PR by 24 minutes. My kids cheered me on along the course. Felt great, except the cold. Looks like we had similar weather, Pinn.

I really raised the bar for next time. Now, just some aches and pains to contend with.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
P
P
Killed it RAI.... congrats!! 24 minutes is huge. Are/When are you planning to do another? Do you live in Mass by any chance? Just wondering if we did the same one.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard