Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
C
C
Hey MB.
I'm sure it would be nice to have him recognize your Anniversary. But, doesn't mean you can't acknowledge it to yourself. I've already told some friends I want to go out for a drink and I plan on buying myself some kind of present. I have no intention of reaching out to stbx, and I have no expectations that he will reach out to me.

Now to watch those chilly Mets and Cubs!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I just got the letter from my boss (who knowingly sent it to my old address... which is presumably why it took 18 days to get here).

It has totally triggered me.

The first sentence is her "accepting my resignation" -- which I never tendered.

The entire rest of the document is about my agreeing to do things for her, or to subject myself to obligations that benefit her. Nothing in this document is to my benefit at all.

But I have 45 days to decide whether or not to sign it (although I got it 18 days into the 45 day period).

I AM SO ANGRY I'M SHAKING. Why would I sign this thing? There is no benefit to me in it whatsoever.

I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about her, so it's very good that I'm no longer working there. Apparently she has stopped coming in to the office and there are piles of paper everywhere. So I'm better off without her. But I'm anxious.

Raliced, thank you for your encouragement. It does help, and yes, she's been around this block a time or two. But she fired my predecessor and they were still receiving phone calls from the unemployment office four months later. I don't want to lay down for this treatment but I don't want to drag out my connection to her for that long either.

Happy Monday!!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
C
C
Where is her proof of resignation? Looking for a new job is not the same as resigning your old one! You were not even offered another job were you? Did you accept a new job?

DB this woman. Omg you get to try out all your DB skills all over again! How awesome and awful at the same time.

Detach! GAL! All the same stuff, now with even less emotional attachment!

Crickey, MB. Something fantastically awesome is surely coming your way soon...

(((Maybell)))

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, she's fighting it hard and it has escalated to a phone hearing that includes both of us. She's using real things that happened WILDLY out of context to claim I quit. The unemployment woman said "Why would she claim you quit when you didn't?" I HAVE NO IDEA. Just trying to refocus on finding work with a non-crazy person.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7

M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
And she called all three partners of the firm i had spoken to and blasted them for considering me.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7

R
R
Originally Posted By: Maybell
The unemployment woman said "Why would she claim you quit when you didn't?" I HAVE NO IDEA.

Well- so she won;t have to pay unemployment.

She's used to bulldozing people and this is just standard operating procedure for her. Here's the thing- you pay into unemployment insurance - it's there specifically for this situation - don't let the fact that she is apparently going to make you jump through hoops prevent you from getting what is rightfully and justly yours.

She'll say stuff on the call to get a rise out of you. Stay calm and stick to the facts (i.e. - "That is not a correct representation of what happened").

You can get through this MB!

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
C
C
Yep. It's just business. Detach!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

S
S
Maybell, sorry that your former employer is turning out to be such a nightmare. She's in backtracking mode, trying to alter the past to save a penny. Just do what you need to do for yourself, and hang in there.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
D12 has a skin infection that has laid her very low (so my unemployment is well-timed). And Mr.Cr@ptastic wants to have a talk with me about him telling the kids about his girlfriend of "2-3 months." A SAHM of 5,acquaintance of mine whose former husband ONE YEAR AGO was crying his eyes out over her cheating and his cheating while he also was running his hands all over me. Her kids go to school with my kids. I can't WAIT to see how this plays out.

I see no point in meeting with him but I'm going to do it, STFU and be ready to hug my kids if they need it.

Seriously, will there be a time soon when my life turns a corner?

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7

M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
On consideration, I don't have any opinion about his girlfriend. But I know her well enough to know that he's not using good judgment.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard