Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted By: jjal
Even 9 weeks since BD, sleepless nights pop up. Had another 0 hour sleep night last night. Even took a sleep aid.

Yeah. Hate to tell you but what you are experiencing with the sleepless nights is pretty common. I think it took me 3-4 months from BD until I was able to sleep through the night pretty consistently. Sleep aids can help. I would also recommend a few minutes of strenuous exercise every day, such as jogging. And sometimes a nice hot bath or shower can really relax you. If you have access to a hot tub, 20 minutes in that is enough to knock you right out.

Sorry for your pain. I'm in it too, but a few months further out. Keep reading and posting here. It does get better with time. You need lots of patience.

Me 47 W 42
T 24 yrs M 18 yrs
W living with OM
BD1: 3/7/2015 (A with OM#1)
BD2: 4/11/2015 (A with OM#2, W moves out)
WW filed for D, papers received 9/18/2015.
Meeting to determine child custody 9/29/2015.
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: dwh15
Even 9 weeks since BD, sleepless nights pop up. Had another 0 hour sleep night last night. Even took a sleep aid.

Yeah. Hate to tell you but what you are experiencing with the sleepless nights is pretty common. I think it took me 3-4 months from BD until I was able to sleep through the night pretty consistently. Sleep aids can help. I would also recommend a few minutes of strenuous exercise every day, such as jogging. And sometimes a nice hot bath or shower can really relax you. If you have access to a hot tub, 20 minutes in that is enough to knock you right out.

Sorry for your pain. I'm in it too, but a few months further out. Keep reading and posting here. It does get better with time. You need lots of patience.

Been doing exercise, but will try a hot bath tonight. Hope that helps...

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hot bath, 1 sominex and a teaspoon of honey knocked me out for 7 hours. Feel rested, but still so tired.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
O
otw Offline
O
We have all been down the raod of sleepless nights. It will get better. I am still scared when i wake up in the middle of the night that my mind will start racing and the anxiety will take over. Please do some GAL, it will give something for your mind to focus on other than the situation. I know you may not enjoy doing the activities right now but the mind is funny the more things it can have going on the better.

hang in there

M 37
W 34

T 12
M 8
D 7
S 4

Need break 4/12/15
W no ring 7/7/15

Separate room 4/12/15
Separate living suggested 8/15
W moved out 11/1/15
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Somewhat decent sleep 2nd night in a row.

Detaching getting a little easier. Wife's emails have gotten terse, but I can't bother myself terribly about why. She is the one that left, skipping out on all responsibilities to go live it up as a single woman. Focusing on my well being and needs for once.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
D
D
Somewhat decent sleep 2nd night in a row.

Detaching getting a little easier. Wife's emails have gotten terse, but I can't bother myself terribly about why. She is the one that left, skipping out on all responsibilities to go live it up as a single woman. Focusing on my well being and needs for once.

That's all you really can do. I rarely speak to or see my WW at all anymore. Maybe a couple of texts every few days. It's hard because I really do miss her but it is definitely helping me detach. Focus on you and try to stay busy. I've found that when doing something fun or talking to others I don't think about WW. It takes a long time but will start to get easier.

Me 47 W 42
T 24 yrs M 18 yrs
W living with OM
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Good night out tonight with friends. Hoping for a 3rd night in a row of decent sleep.

Hope it gets easier dwh15! Love my sleep.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
D
D
It will def get easier as the weeks roll by, but don't be too surprised at setbacks. You may go a few days and think you're doing great, then suddenly you get one of those awful dreams, or you just can't stop your mind from racing. You will likely bounce around for a while. Be patient with yourself - it takes a long time to start to stabilize.

Me 47 W 42
T 24 yrs M 18 yrs
W living with OM
S
S
Quote:
Some days I want to stand because I remember that person who was my wife from a few months back.

But she's not that wife, now. I think a lot of men go through so misery b/c they continue to hope that the WW will snap back to being the woman they M. It doesn't work that way.

Do you ever initiate contacts with your W?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
J
jjal Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: sandi2
Quote:
Some days I want to stand because I remember that person who was my wife from a few months back.

But she's not that wife, now. I think a lot of men go through so misery b/c they continue to hope that the WW will snap back to being the woman they M. It doesn't work that way.

Do you ever initiate contacts with your W?

I don't Sandi, I am using LRT and trying to give her space.

Me - Mid 40's
W - Mid 40's
Married 20
No kids
BD - 7/2015
ILYB...
Moved out 2 days later
Suspect EA
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard