Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Vanilla #2603761 09/02/15 11:04 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Vanillia. I don't think Henry drove a rover He's spinning in his grave. Thanks for hug Vanilla

Hi Beagley. Thanks for stopping by I thought I went to far asking if she had down the right thing but it's done now. Black in defiantly the way to go. Oy prob is inn getting rid of current car and the interior is cream leather and I thought it's too hard to keep clean but I'm looking at one with ivory leather instead !!!!

Take care. Rd

rd500 #2603818 09/03/15 08:07 AM
V
V
Any colour as long as it's black

And black is the new black

Btw I am white van woman!

Rainbow LOL

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 09/03/15 08:09 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2603844 09/03/15 12:45 PM
A
A
Any colour as long as it's black and the vehicle isn't a hearse, but I suppose you don't know you are in that, so it's fine too.

- Nobody has ever learnt anything important from happiness and success; problems make us grow
- Consult your plan, not your feelings
- If you haven't set goals, how can you expect to achieve anything?
rd500 #2603847 09/03/15 12:52 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: rd500
Only prob is in getting rid of current car and the interior is cream leather and I thought it's too hard to keep clean but I'm looking at one with ivory leather instead !!!!

So from pain to pain, are you mad!!?? :-)

Actually my porsche is dark grey but the interior is black. I'd never have the light coloured interior as like you keeping it looking clean would always be a concern.

Cars are a very personal thing and whatever motivates you is what you should go with, forget the practical elements, enjoy the feeling you get from them, there's nothing else like it.

- Nobody has ever learnt anything important from happiness and success; problems make us grow
Avanti #2603956 09/03/15 07:26 PM
J
J
Hi RD.

Thanks for answering especially with all that you have going on. And good news on the range rover!

That conversation sounded pretty good especially as it was probably more than the cumulative conversation I've had with my XW since she moved out.

Two things though that I'm going to pull you up on, but just because I don't want you getting complacent :p

1) OM reared his head again without you actually mentioning him. I don't believe he is an OM in a traditional sense I think he is much more likely just another lost soul. But either way you have to slay that particular demon of yours either through forgiveness or reframing (and your actions need to show your EXW you have). That doesnt mean accepting him but rather that he doesn't matter.

2) this:
Originally Posted By: RD500
Rd I have to ask , did you make the right choice in leaving ?
EXW Some days yes , some days no. I try not to think about it
Rd. ok well I have to go. Take care

You asked her a question (which maybe you shouldnt have) but when she started to answer you pulled, veritably slammed the shutter down on her. Once you asked I feel you should have put on your best giraffe ears and listened. It may have been hard to hear but really listening to someone can bring its own rewards.

they are minor things but I'm a big believer in marginal gains.

anyway have a good evening RD.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
jim0987 #2603975 09/03/15 08:17 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Jim and as per usual your right. Believe it or not I have moved on quite a bit since your post re OM a few months ago It does rankle but not as upsetting as before I do agree however I need to drop it completely

On the second point I was kicking myself 1/2 a second after asking and just wanted to finish the call asap. What did I expect her to say ??

As always Jim , thank you I need to be held to account because I'm not completely detached yet.

Range Rover is far from new but it's something I've always wanted and it has 5 seats. My merc only has 4 and I've had it. 6 years and time for a change

Beagley I'm a bit of a clean freak re the interior and the cream leather was a pain When I saw the RR , it's a Vogue SE with the air con seats and I love the toys so that was it. Never owned a Porsche Test drove an 89 911 sc back in 91 but didn't think it handled so I bought a sapphire cossie 4 x4 and tuned it until you could leave 10 mins late and arrive 5 mins early !!!! My first job back in London involved driving a 400i every day and a 928 once or twice. Best ever was a 512 bb on carbs but only drive that once

Jim. Sorry but meant to tell you kids and I finished Hitman just now Another classic

Take care all. Rd

rd500 #2603999 09/03/15 10:05 PM
A
A
The RR does sounds nice and you certainly seem to know about and have driven some awesome wheels, have you seen a Porsche Macan? Crap name, gorgeous car, perhaps not as big as an RR; might have to get me one when getting out of the two seater becomes even more undignified...but we are into topics better suited toward pistonheads.com rather than here. :-)

I think you handled the call well, we all slip up occasionally (most of the time in my case) and frankly the length of conversation and the range of topics you covered is something I can only dream of with my W.

The great thing is you know where you tripped up, keep doing the same thing is stupid but you'll not do that as you are in touch with yourself so take it as a learning point, nothing else. Remember the adage, if you aren't making mistakes, you aren't doing anything. You undoubtedly did a lot of good in the conversation, don't take one small point and allow it to taint all the other positive stuff.

Jim does make a good point but even if you'd had an error free conversation in your eyes, someone else could find a fault, it's all about perception and you were the only one there and you did a great job from where I am sitting.

I just watched a programme on TV about there being an infinite number of universes and there's every chance that in the one where you listened more to what your wife said after you asked what you consider to be a wrong question, you ended up in a big argument, so forget it, you are in this universe and you did well, feel good about yourself.

Avanti #2604175 09/04/15 02:27 PM
V
V
RD

My other cars a Matiz!

A white van, an old green Matiz (company car used by all), my red convertible Ka, and a broken down very old blue Ka.

Currently I drive the van.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 09/04/15 02:28 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2604507 09/05/15 10:15 PM
A
A
The cool thing about dinky cars like the Ka and Matiz is they are soo easy to find parking spaces for. The convertible Ka sounds like mega fun all that's needed is some sun, have you had any recently?

You are driving the van so you don't have to worry about how you drive, is that right V.? :-)

Avanti #2604536 09/06/15 01:40 AM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Vaniila. White van lady !!!!!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard