Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
S
S
I agree with Jim & I love River Cottage Veg (I'm vegetarian)....V, some of it may be toxins leaving - but I agree about not going too radical. If a diet makes you feel awful, it isn't sustainable I feel. What about eating super healthy stuff in abundance and higher cal (but still healthy) stuff in small amounts..??? Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
At long last the headache has cleared.

Thank you Jim and Sotto. I am going to make some changes. Today I had an extra cup of coffee (black) not my favourite way.

I also had much more liquid and a siltz bath. Spoke to a friend (a holistic nutritionalist) who recommends some castor oil packs too. This the problem may be autolysis of bacteria and yeast because of lack of sugar. Probably as a result of all the Antibes I have had this could be a major issue, has recommended some good bacteria tablets and pau dauco tea. Also suggest a couple of fresh herbs to try including parsley.

This isn't a low cal regime, it's a low fructose one. In fact calorie intake is an average 1800 per day. A little high for me I usually stick to 1700 weekdays and 2000 weekends (more exercise weekends).

I am not vegetarian but I eat very little red meat, in fact very little meat at all. I do eat fish though. I love prawns and other sea food.

My tummy is very full. I added wholemeal bread today and it's had a very adverse effect on me. I will cut that out again. No dairy still.

Gallons of liquid, water water every where. I am truly withdrawing from something though. Horrible sensation, still if this does the trick.

I got my 'pack' apparently I wasn't supposed to start without it, as the three blood tests get uploaded to the databank every day. I gather they are monitored.

My body temperature has gone up in the morning so my thyroid is functioning better. Blood sugars are down to nearly 8 from a standard 11. Not quite normal yet but on their way.

I shall be interested in having the cortisol measured again in a few weeks. To see if a few weeks without WH is going to have an effect.

In a couple of weeks I can sauna etc.

It's going to be interesting to see if I can heal my soul by developing my mind body spirit connection from my body. This is a good experiment, I can see if I can heal this way round, from Body to Mind. It's a 180 as I usually go Mind to Body.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
The after effects of the antibiotics and bad bacteria etc could be a major issue in how I feel today, the bad metallic taste is apparently lack of zinc, so I am now supplementing.

I have spent the last three or four days enjoying my own company, and fixing things around the Brighton flat, including setting up my TV and stereo. WH owned these and I put them in his storage locker, so I spent a few hours buying on eBay and got some reasonable stuff for quite good prices, including a new coffee machine. I shuffled from the big house to the flat and visa versa. Using some of my old stuff stored in the attic too, see if I can work this for minimal cost.

I also had some metal paint and painted the Art Deco stair guides on the stairs to the flat, took most of today. They were very tatty, and I scrubbed the stairwell too, I will re varnish the tiles so they gleam. There are 6 flats here and these have needed doing for a long time. It's time consuming and very fiddly.

I shall repainted the wooden garage door with yacht paint. There is an old car stored here, a very old blue convertible which needs to be washed and sold or given away. It was mine but WH wanted to keep it. It would make a good project for a car enthusiast.

I have also organised for some quotes for new doors for the front entry from the communal maintenance fund together with some carpet tiles from Wickes. Was deferring that until the painting was done!

It is going to be done and finished by the end of September, absolutely. Better get busy again and stop feeling sorry for V.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 08/23/15 06:26 PM.

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
The other thing that was suggested was my body releasing the stored chemotherapy in the fat cells, but I think this unlikely, it's 14 years since treatment.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Now a question Gan, I want to hear about your adventures!

We need a new thread.

V

V 64, WAW

D
D
Hello V,

It's been a while. Just getting caught up on your thread. I know what you mean about cleansing your body. I have been doing some reading on the elimination diet. Not sure if I'm ready for that, but have to seriously consider it. Apparently it helps a lot with auto-immune diseases like mine. Also going to ask my doctor for a metal toxicity test. With all the chemicals in our environment and all the medication most of us have or still are taking, it's no wonder that our bodies rebel.
Btw. I hear that taking probiotics helps counter the negative effects of antibiotics. Going to pick up some at the Pharmacy this week. I have had enough of Antibiotics to last me a lifetime.

So when you are done fixing up all this stuff at your flat in Brighton, how about you fly to Canada and help me fix my house? Lol
It just amazes me the amount of stamina and will power you have to get all this stuff done and then come on here and dole out wonderful advice to people in crisis. 😀 You are an inspiration!

Di-mond in the rough
M-45 H-38
My children S-25 D-23
T 5 M 4
H left April Fools Day 2015

One day at a time!
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Great to see you on my thread Diana, I will catch up.

V

V 64, WAW

R
R
Hi Vanillia. Where do I start !!!! Firstly I am delighted to hear about the health being taken care off. I'm no expert but plenty of people are weighing in with great advice. I would ignore Sottos advice however because she is a vegetarian and hence is lacking in loads of basic supplements. ( love you Sotto ).

Next Would you slow down. Rest is one of the best treatments for the body and by the sound of it you could qualify as a human Dynamo

Cash flow , please identify the blue car and advertise it. Who knows , it may be a rare Classic worth millions to the fight buyer

Your sounding really strong ,which is great to hear and long may it continue.

Take care sis. Rd xxxx

P
P
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
PP yes please to the offer of help with a program.

Can I have swimming as an alt to walking sometimes as I love that.

When I am at the big house I have a fully equipped gym with a X trainer , treadmill, bench and weights of all types, fit ball as well as kettles.

At the Brighton flat I have light hand weights to 5kgs only and kettles. Fit ball to use as bench and fitness band.

For the next eight weeks I will be in Brighton more than at the big house whilst I rest and catch up on client admin. There is plenty of walking here, not so much at the big house, roads are very dangerous, hence treadmill or swimming.

I have access to David Lloyd gyms from both locations. luckily in February I paid 12 month membership up front to get the discount on the subs, all classes are free except for Yoga!!, Pools are good, sauna and steam.

I love body pump and spinning but both are out whilst I follow this new diabetic eight week program, after that it's all good. Both gyms have pools. I used to run but am awaiting left knee injury to heal, nothing serious just twisted when moving WH stuff. Otherwise health wise all cleared medically to go, all ducks in a row, ready to fly.

I am anally retentive on record keeping and use a Fitbit.

V

My apologies for missing this V. I've just returned from a long weekend of meditation but will put something together for you asap.

Here's to your health.

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
U
U
Hi V - I have to say, you sound very energetic. Careful no to overdo it - but those house improving projects are so rewarding - aren't they?

I was going to say that I'd swing by and get that car out of there for you :), but RD has the right idea - recoup some money. May find a sucker - I mean car enthusiast that would just love it.

So glad you are sounding better - though those diet changes don't sound fun at all sorry to say.
Take care

Me-45 W-44
S21, S18, D15
T-27, M-21
BD Jan 2014
PA revealed March 2014
In-house separation - April 2015
I filed - Aug 2015
She moved out Oct 2015
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard