Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
P
P
Originally Posted By: Vanilla

I had a medical examination and I have piled on lots of weight which has to be shifted. It's inactivity that is the main cause I feel it is. I can chose to change it.

I can't sleep so I am tired and I eat to keep going. Not good.

I have been given a new regime to try although it's almost identical to eat glow nourish. There is more severe calorie restriction on it. I start Monday.

V

Eh, calorie restriction is a terrible weight loss strategy V. This is what I do every day.

I would recommend activity first. Plan a walk every day or four days a week. Start with that. If you can do that first thing in the morning, even better. I know you have a kettle bell. Look up the "swing" or even better, find someone that can teach you how to do that properly. Pavel is a great Youtube resource for the swing. That alone will be enough coupled with your walking. I'm happy to help you put together a schedule for your fitness.

Calories don't need to be restricted, they just have to come from the right foods. Cut out sugar, flour, and anything that's processed. Those are the biggies. Eat as many veggies as you can take in, high quality proteins, and fat. Nuts are great, just eat them in moderation.

You got this, you're lady V!

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
A
A
V,

Have you talked to a psychiatrist? There are times where medication can really help, and this sounds like one of those cases. If I was your IC, I'd be referring you with what you are describing. You're one h*ll of a strong woman, and I have more admiration for you than I can convey, but even the strongest of us need a little help at certain points to allow for healing and growth.

Another questions: have you tried yoga? It's not a cure-all, but in cases of long-term abuse, body work like yoga has really been shown to be a powerful therapeutic tool. It may be something that you have to go slowly on, as it can also bring new revelations about yourself out, but gently applied w/ insight into the potential need to temporarily back off if it opens a painful door it is has a lot of empirical support as part of a healing process in cases of abuse & trauma.

I'm glad you are at least doing what you need (e.g., eating even when you don't feel like it - we have a drive for preservation and healing if we let it). If you have those disturbing dreams, you might try just sitting and allowing yourself to feel the painful feelings they trigger. If it seems too much at times, gently allow yourself to back off and distract (preferably in a relatively non-harmful way).

How have you been at activating your support network? I know you have us, but it isn't a substitute for more direct human contact w/ caring people in your life. Reach out.

You'll get through this. Maybe w/ a few more bumps and bruises than you'd hoped, but you will. I'll be doing a healing service for you & sending you love & prayers.

Me: 50 W:43
S6, S3
M: 12 yrs. T: 17
M is bad & Not happy Bomb Mar '14
S 5 Feb '15
D Bomb 13 Apr '15 (but "no hurry")
DB Coach May '15
Wants proceed on D Aug '15
Starting 1-on-1 negotiations Sept '15
S
S
Hello V, I'm just dropping in to wish you well. I agree with PP above, and think you should just adopt gentle strategies for yourself in terms of health. No drastic diets my friend. Just good food, healthy activities and self-care. I notice from your sitch that you can sometimes have an all or nothing approach. I recall your last campaign for big weight loss and that I worried it was a little ambitious. Gentle - you have such lovely advice to others, do adopt that for yourself.

Are you still seeing your IC V? How is that going? There is a lot to recover from, and it takes time. I agree with Asitis about yoga, which I find really beneficial. Even thinking about my yoga teacher/class makes me feel calmer.

Take care V xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
A
A
Hi vanilla

I just thought I should stop by I do not think I can offer advice I am too new to this but you have been ther for me and I want you to know I will be there for you

Take care my friend

Ghost

Me:48 W 41
M:18 T:26
2 D 18 & 4
2 S 17 & 13
Bomb: 20/7/2015 in house separation
D filed 06/17
Separate houses 10/17
D Final 29/12//17.
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
New thread to prevent locking. Just on 100 posts.

I will respond to my wonderful DB travel companions on that thread

New thread V is for Vanilla 21

Please can I respectfully ask for posts on the new thread.

And very very very nicely Cadet not to Keep this thread unlocked. I promise to be very good next time and stay within my limit.

Thank you

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard