Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
A
A
Originally Posted By: Zelda09

Trust you can do it, hugs.

We all trust in V. She's one h*ll of a strong woman.

She's also showing one of the noblest human traits: turning her own suffering into a tool to help others going through the same suffering. That kind of person always heals. They'll never be the same, but they always heal. That's V.

Me: 50 W:43
S6, S3
M: 12 yrs. T: 17
M is bad & Not happy Bomb Mar '14
S 5 Feb '15
D Bomb 13 Apr '15 (but "no hurry")
DB Coach May '15
Wants proceed on D Aug '15
Starting 1-on-1 negotiations Sept '15
F
F
^^ Agree with everyone, you're awesome V. I appreciate the support you've given me and I hope you continue to heal. Sending those magic belly rainbows your way.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: Fogg
^^ Agree with everyone, you're awesome V. I appreciate the support you've given me and I hope you continue to heal. Sending those magic belly rainbows your way.

Thank you Fogg.

You got the hang of it!

Rainbows all the way.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 08/10/15 09:48 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: asitis

She's also showing one of the noblest human traits: turning her own suffering into a tool to help others going through the same suffering. That kind of person always heals. They'll never be the same, but they always heal. That's V.

I do hope so. I love this board and I owe my sanity to it. Generosity of spirit from all of the wonderful posters here. It's a strange world, and this board attracts those most interested in learning and growing. I am in absolute awe of the straight thinking done with great kindness.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thanks Sunny, today was a much better day. Hectic but much better.

Z, it's interesting how unwelcome though this whole thing is, how amazing it is too.

Jelly, projecting the light reflects back to you as the prism. It will heal that tummy of yours. The love rainbows go round to come back. Magnified.

HeavyD, sleep comes and goes. I will just have to let my body do it as it will.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
RD

Just one thing to say to you,

You are in the Pink.............

Scooooooooooby

Doooooooooo

V

V 64, WAW

W
W
V,

I have an embarrassing confession to make. I was telling my IC about your recommendations regarding reactive abuse. As I was telling her it occurred to me that I had no idea what the heck banshee meant. Of course, you use this word all the time. It is funny, I understood what u were saying because of the context In which it was used. Anyway, I laughed and asked the IC what the heck banshee meant. I mean is it some strange British term. She laughed and proceeded to enlighten me. Then we both had a good laugh. I'm still laughing at myself for this.

Me: 30's W: 30's M: 12yrs
EA: Started 3/2015
MC Started: 4/2015
She moved out and served 6/2015
PA: Confirmed 10/5/2015
2 young kids

"If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything."
A
A
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
Originally Posted By: asitis

I do hope so. I love this board and I owe my sanity to it. Generosity of spirit from all of the wonderful posters here. It's a strange world, and this board attracts those most interested in learning and growing. I am in absolute awe of the straight thinking done with great kindness.

V

Trust me on this one V. What you are doing helping others is possible the only sure path I know of to healing. There are others, but I've yet to meet an exception to someone who turned their own suffering into a means to help others with the same thing.

I feel pretty safe making the following generalization: you'll not find any regular on this board who doesn't wish that we could speed along your healing in thanks for all you do.

Me: 50 W:43
S6, S3
M: 12 yrs. T: 17
M is bad & Not happy Bomb Mar '14
S 5 Feb '15
D Bomb 13 Apr '15 (but "no hurry")
DB Coach May '15
Wants proceed on D Aug '15
Starting 1-on-1 negotiations Sept '15
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: WhyUs
V,

I have an embarrassing confession to make. I was telling my IC about your recommendations regarding reactive abuse. As I was telling her it occurred to me that I had no idea what the heck banshee meant. Of course, you use this word all the time. It is funny, I understood what u were saying because of the context In which it was used. Anyway, I laughed and asked the IC what the heck banshee meant. I mean is it some strange British term. She laughed and proceeded to enlighten me. Then we both had a good laugh. I'm still laughing at myself for this.

Just for fun from Irish folk lore.

The banshee was in the books of Kells I believe. Maybe the male equivalent is the Pooka.

Banshee
The bean-sidhe (woman of the fairy may be an ancestral spirit appointed to forewarn members of certain ancient Irish families of their time of death. According to tradition, the banshee can only cry for five major Irish families: the O'Neills, the O'Briens, the O'Connors, the O'Gradys and the Kavanaghs. Intermarriage has since extended this select list.

Whatever her origins, the banshee chiefly appears in one of three guises: a young woman, a stately matron or a raddled old hag. These represent the triple aspects of the Celtic goddess of war and death, namely Badhbh, Macha and Mor-Rioghain)

She usually wears either a grey, hooded cloak or the winding sheet or grave robe of the unshriven dead. She may also appear as a washer-woman, and is seen apparently washing the blood stained clothes of those who are about to die. In this guise she is known as the bean-nighe (washing woman).

Although not always seen, her mourning call is heard, usually at night when someone is about to die. In 1437, King James I of Scotland was approached by an Irish seeress or banshee who foretold his murder at the instigation of the Earl of Atholl. This is an example of the banshee in human form. There are records of several human banshees or prophetesses attending the great houses of Ireland and the courts of local Irish kings. In some parts of Leinster, she is referred to as the bean chaointe (keening woman) whose wail can be so piercing that it shatters glass. In Kerry, the keen is experienced as a "low, pleasant singing"; in Tyrone as "the sound of two boards being struck together"; and on Rathlin Island as "a thin, screeching sound somewhere between the wail of a woman and the moan of an owl".

So that's my big secret.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
This was the way I originally felt about it

Usually a banshee is described as a young woman, or Bean Si, strikingly beautiful, with long flowing hair. Despite modern depictions, her hair is usually red, not white, and she wears a gray cloak over a dress of vibrant red, green, or white. She will not appear much different than any other traveler on the road, but when she faces the family member in question, she will open her mouth and the high pitched wail will begin. Despite the frightening nature of her cry, the banshee herself does not usually appear very frightening, and will vanish into nothingness after her warning is delivered. She often will carry a silver comb which she uses to comb her beautiful hair.

The banshee is in mourning for the loss of love, she heralds but does not bring. She is gifted with the vision of the loss she foresees. Warning of things to come, a wraith and of no substance. She reacts but does not initiate.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 08/10/15 11:23 PM.

V 64, WAW

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard