Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
OP Offline
Kat,

I opt for honesty myself. I let them know I'm a practicing Catholic and respect their beliefs. They usually just ask me to read over the watchtower pamphlet - which I don't find offensive - and then they leave.

I'm even okay with them coming to my door. I actually like the Mormon kids that come (I have an LDS stake house at the top of my hill) - they are always dressed well, and I respect that they walk their talk. But like you, I don't want verbal haranguing either. As you might be able to guess, Mr. Wonderful is one of those people who likes the haranguing. He usually spews a bunch of crap back at them just to see how fast they'll run. I don't enjoy making people uncomfortable. frown

And I should probably be honest that if I see them coming and I'm not in the mood, I'll not answer the door. That's the real boon in my doorbell camera. I can see it on my iPhone while my a$$ is parked in front of the TV...

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
K
If only mine would leave!! They want to go on and on and dig and dig into my beliefs so that they can debate with me! Not my cup of tea. It was nice when S19 would get the door when I wasn't home, then they just hadnded him stuff and left. smile

I am all for simplicity. I get that they want to save/convert me but I am good. I don't have a smart phone but I have my ipad, would your camera thing work with that too?

School here starts in about a month and I am dreading it beyond belief. I loved school as a kid, I think it is that I have so little time anymore for me, then I get to take the girls to school and marching band practice and games and there just isn't much left. I have to go breathe and go to lunch.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
W
Just convert and then they'll never bother you again lol!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
W
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Just convert and then they'll never bother you again lol!

Only big problem with that is that we will not be allowed to recognize and celebrate birthdays. Nah, that's pretty much why I've crossed off JW's from the list as a spiritual guidance source. I cannot possibly pass up on some real yummy cupcakes, cake, and ice cream! And try to blow out some trick candles. grin

W
W
Yes, but they also don't believe in hell either!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
C
C
Originally Posted By: Underdog
I see them coming and I'm not in the mood, I'll not answer the door. That's the real boon in my doorbell camera. I can see it on my iPhone while my a$$ is parked in front of the TV...

Good to know the next time I ring your door bell smile LOL

Me-70, D37,S36
R
R
Originally Posted By: Betsey
I opt for honesty myself. I let them know I'm a practicing Catholic and respect their beliefs. They usually just ask me to read over the watchtower pamphlet - which I don't find offensive - and then they leave.

I have tried inviting them in and counter-converting. Didn't work too well LOL

Originally Posted By: Betsey
As you might be able to guess, Mr. Wonderful is one of those people who likes the haranguing. He usually spews a bunch of crap back at them just to see how fast they'll run.
Now THAT'S a surprise!

I'm with Wonka, no passing up cake and ice cream for this gal smile

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
K
kml Offline
K
Hey Linda, how are you doing???? Would love an update.

OP Offline
Linda--Feel free to use my thread to update us. I'm hosting an update party... now I'll open the floor and invite you to cake and ice cream, which we LOVE in my house.

Cadet--If I ever see your beaming smile in my doorbell camera, wait to hear me yell, "coming!" or "come on in!" Open invitation for those times when you have to come back and visit the AFA. Your SO is also warmly welcome. grin

BTW, last Saturday I was working in weedville when I heard the very distinct sound of a fighter jet. I live under the flight path at Centennial Airport, so jet noise is something that I am now able to kind of discern after 15 years. Surprisingly, the fighters do touch down/take off maneuvers at Centennial (why don't they do them at Buckley?), so I was blessed (and I do mean BLESSED) to see 5 of them working on take offs and landings in formation Saturday. I love that. Thanks for your service!!!

Getting ready for D18's dental procedures on Monday. I wonder if she's coming out bruised? In addition to the dental repairs and cleanings, she's getting 2 botox injections in her jaw to relieve some of the pressure from being a grinder. We've gone through 1 dental guard already, and she's making good progress at getting rid of #2. At $600 a pop, she's becoming an expensive kid. Might have to get rid of her at some point. wink

Now, back to work, which has been bearing the brunt of my extremely lazy (from a work perspective) schedule this summer. I can't believe I'm thinking that getting her back to school is a good idea. I drop her off there at 7. I must need mental help or something.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
OP Offline
Yikes - haven't been here in awhile. It's been crazy here lately.

D18 got through her dental work just fine, and we're having senior photos taken tomorrow morning. No bruising, and she once again has a solid front tooth. Yay!

We've got some decisions to make on her neurology, so I'm sitting on the information for a spell before I jump in the pool. It will require Mr. Wonderful jumping in with me, and I'm not sure we're both ready for that option. Anyway...

Work has been kind of crazy, especially with me working less than banker's hours. I feel pretty scattered.

On a personal side, I'm knee deep in purge mode. I'm getting rid of stuff left and right and it feels great! I might be renting out some of my office space to a guy who trains for use of force, which is kinda interesting and so not congruent with my business. He's got some time to figure out his next step so I'm just going about my own business.

Other than that, we're all okay. Well, D21 had a rough couple of days following the trade of our short stop. She was devastated. But we shall persevere.

Back to the grind. Hope everyone is well!

Betsey

Albert Einstein
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard