Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
R
R
Cali is giving you some solid advice. If you dont have a lawyer please get one. I understand that you dont want a legal separation as you think it will hurt your chances for reconciling.

My ex of 26 years tried burrying me financially. They change to someone you never knew they could be. She spent all of her money and time on the Equine world.

Fortunately she is very secretive about her money and we always had separate finances. Her wishes.

Dont ask her to do anything. If you planned already to do things you can say that something came up and you will not make it.

Stop asking to do anything.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

I
ILYNOT Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Got it, stop asking to do anything!

weird thing happened yesterday, I received an unexpected call late at night, I asked if everything was alright and she said yeah, she really just called to talk to me or check up on me, I guess either way is good.

M35 W33 S14 D12
M14
ILYBNILWY 07/14
BD 7/14
S 5/15

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
E
E
I would definitely stop pursuing at this time. It will just add more pressure on her. This was a hard thing for me to stop doing with my H but it really did make a difference. It gave me time to clear my head and he did start reaching out to me. Don't reply back right away and don't answer every call for a little while. Take this gift of time to breathe and concentrate on yourself. It is very HARD but you can do it and you will feel so much better. Good luck!

Me:33 H:36
T:13 years
M:10 years
S4
Separated 05/15
H Filed 06/15
C
C
Originally Posted By: ILYNOT
Got it, stop asking to do anything!

weird thing happened yesterday, I received an unexpected call late at night, I asked if everything was alright and she said yeah, she really just called to talk to me or check up on me, I guess either way is good.

Its not actually a 'good' thing .... she is temp checking you here. Mine was the queen of this and took me MONTHS to figure this out and take it for what it was .... the WAS wants you to be right where they left you as they go on about their new life .. when they start thinking about things they will temp check you to make sure you are still option #2 (I know it stings but this is typically what happens)

I received this advice, you can be kind but do not be to available for her, do not pursue ... if she still feels you are sitting on the porch waiting for her to come home there are no consequences for her actions and she will not change nor stop them. This is where the term Lovingly Detach comes into play ... you need to GAL and go on about your life for now as if she passed away. When there is contact .. PMA up and make sure you ALWAYS end the conversation as if you can not wait to get on about your day as its the most exciting thing going.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

I
ILYNOT Offline OP
OP Offline
I
^^^ Caliguy!

WOW makes total sense, I have been hanging up first for a while now, but I do answer the phone since we have children together and I worry somethings wrong. I find her use of "words" is very odd, almost like a teenager. Maybe shes talking to other people and its rubbing off on her, idk.

Last edited by ILYNOT; 07/23/15 04:20 PM.

M35 W33 S14 D12
M14
ILYBNILWY 07/14
BD 7/14
S 5/15

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
S
S
Hi, I saw you waving on another thread. smile I will need to read your story, but wanted you to know I saw you and I will get back.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
I
ILYNOT Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: sandi2
Hi, I saw you waving on another thread. smile I will need to read your story, but wanted you to know I saw you and I will get back.

Thank you Sandi2!

M35 W33 S14 D12
M14
ILYBNILWY 07/14
BD 7/14
S 5/15

I
ILYNOT Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Update, she dropped off the kids early since she is going on a business trip and wont be back until Monday. got a text hoping I have a good day... this is so fing confusing. its like no texts for days then hope you have a good day.. like wth...

Oh well, I will be with my kids and watch movies, play board games, and take em out to eat!

M35 W33 S14 D12
M14
ILYBNILWY 07/14
BD 7/14
S 5/15

S
S
Have you read Divorce Remedy? Have you read Cadet's homework assignments?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
I
ILYNOT Offline OP
OP Offline
I
DR yes and Yes.

Well since Friday no texts, no calls, no contact... was out busy with my kids, movies, parents house, going out to eat, took them both jogging, it was a nice weekend.

Although I couldn't get her out of my mind, I get mentally drained sometimes just thinking why... but kept PMA

We'll see how today goes!

Last edited by ILYNOT; 07/27/15 05:01 PM.

M35 W33 S14 D12
M14
ILYBNILWY 07/14
BD 7/14
S 5/15

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard