Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
W
OP Offline
W
Well, Whatis dipped into the online dating pool again...and now remember why I wasn't gonna do it! Tossed out two lines and got two bites. The first, after messaging for a bit, asked to see my photography (I'm in love lol) so I sent her a link to my Flickr page. She replied "Wow, these are so beautiful. You're like a professional. This could be a new career!" Then she disappeared into the night never to be heard from again. The second, after messaging for a few days, I decided wasn't looking to meet anyone but just filling in time. After she asked me to tell her about my "past relationship" she wrote "and if you're still with her, please don't hurt her feelings" Bye bye. Uh, I don't take well to people suggesting that I'm a cheat. That was about the fourth statement from her that made me ponder "WTF does that mean?" so I moved on. It's funny 'cuz Sunday I was coming home from downtown and got on my bus at the terminal. I looked out the window and a woman sat down on the bench beside the bus...and it was her! She doesn't even live near me. Weird...but I guess it happens. Anyway, that's my latest adventure in the wonderful world of online dating. I've noticed in my adventures over the past six months that the ladies who write most vehemently about no game playing and how serious they are about finding a relationship are the ones you gotta watch! Oh well, back to my online dating sabbatical...or maybe I'll just approach women who say they're only looking for sex cuz they're probably the ones who really want a relationship lol. It's funny 'cuz a couple of people have mentioned to me that they think Church Lady and I should get together...I think not. I just want Jesus smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Btw, in my real life, I had an interesting event. My D18 informed her mother and I on a Thursday night that she needed to put down her tuition deposit by Monday or she'd lose her spot. Uh,isn't that a little late to be telling us this? The deposit had to be received by Monday not be in process. So, I told her I would take a discretionary day from work and go downtown with her Friday and we'd pay the deposit...from my line of credit. So Friday we're half way there and she suddenly becomes pale and shaky and says she's going to pass out...then wanted to toss her cookies. I sat with her for 15 minutes and held her. She has bad menstrual cramps sometimes and this was one of those times. I was thinking of calling an ambulance. The doctor had prescribed pills for these times but she had just run out and needed to renew the prescription...and this is my reliable, organized child. But thankfully, she recovered and we carried on in our journey. We get to the University and go to admissions (this is the school I went to) and they told us they don't take deposits...but seeing as how we were here, to go down to the fees office and see if they'd take our deposit. We did and they did...thank goodness. So, afterwards we went for lunch and then I called my best friend who was downtown and the three of us went to Harbourfront for the afternoon. Poor daughter, my friend and I found a red paint splotch dripping down a wall and we were taking turns rolling around on the sidewalk and posing with the splotch like gunshot victims...people were walking by and laughing at these two jackasses in their fifties acting like 12 year olds...and D18 was trying to distance herself from us for some strange reason. Anyway, all is well and D18 is set to go to University.

W
OP Offline
W
Well, I took one more dip in the pool and have come up with a teacher originally from Peru. Really nice reply. So, we shall see...and she has a car lol!

W
OP Offline
W
Dating profile of the day...."I have a tendency to lose interest when you start asking me which position i like best or if i give head." Who'd a thunk it!

W
OP Offline
W
...and one more, "Guys, please get someone to take a picture of you...enough with the Selfies in the bathroom mirror. It is such a turn off (just sayin)."

W
OP Offline
W
OK, rather than bitching about my online dating frustration I will turn to my favourite coping mechanism...humour. I'm thinking of holding a convention for online daters and we can each wear T-shirts. Here are my T shirt slogans so far...feel free to add some of your own.

Online Dating Convention T Shirts

Message me or massage me. You decide.
Make yourself laugh.
My baseball cap stays…you go.
I don’t see a match.
Age is just a lie on your profile
Let’s have textual relations
I’ve been blocked by better women than you!
Message me…make my day.
Take me to your profile
Be my chat buddy
Let’s go all the way…to Starbucks
In my profile I work out every day
No games please…that’s my job
No picture…no reply
Bathroom mirror selfie’s rock
I don’t wanna be here either
Online dating: No pain, no gain.
Are you fav’ing me?
You can’t scare me, I date online.
Online dating is a blood sport
Message me in the morning…then just walk away
Let’s chat…and chat…and chat…
A coffee meet is not a date
I liked you better online
Online dating: The real sting.
Message, chat, coffee…then run for the hills!
No, I won’t “do you”
I’m divorced so I’m either at the gym or travelling
I love your dog too!
My profile or yours?

W
OP Offline
W
Oops, typo! I'm a perfectionist when it comes to nonsense!

OK, rather than bitching about my online dating frustration I will turn to my favourite coping mechanism...humour. I'm thinking of holding a convention for online daters and we can each wear T-shirts. Here are my T shirt slogans so far...feel free to add some of your own.

Online Dating Convention T Shirts

Msg me or massage me. You decide.
Make yourself laugh.
My baseball cap stays…you go.
I don’t see a match.
Age is just a lie on your profile
Let’s have textual relations
I’ve been blocked by better women than you!
Message me…make my day.
Take me to your profile
Be my chat buddy
Let’s go all the way…to Starbucks
In my profile I work out every day
No games please…that’s my job
No picture…no reply
Bathroom mirror selfie’s rock
I don’t wanna be here either
Online dating: No pain, no gain.
Are you fav’ing me?
You can’t scare me, I date online.
Online dating is a blood sport
Message me in the morning…then just walk away
Let’s chat…and chat…and chat…
A coffee meet is not a date
I liked you better online
Online dating: The real sting.
Message, chat, coffee…then run for the hills!
No, I won’t “do you”
I’m divorced so I’m either at the gym or travelling
I love your dog too!
My profile or yours?

W
OP Offline
W
We just had a lovely retirement party for my boss of 27 years...let freedom ring (for me, that is!)

W
OP Offline
W
Having just attended my bosses retirement party, I've been remembering my Dad's retirement over fifteen years ago. My Dad managed a couple of people in the accounting department. He was a nobody in the hierarchy of the company. When he retired the company booked an entire restaurant, invited everyone from the office and the factory for the dinner (and paid for it), flew in some of his ex bosses from Dayton Ohio, invited our family, bought him a Lazy boy recliner, a vcr (which was $500 at the time), gave him a mounted and framed numbered Toronto Blue Jays print, bronzed his adding machine and had it mounted on a plaque...it was an amazing celebration of his working life...one I'll never forget. A touching memory indeed.

W
OP Offline
W
Lovely day today. I went to church and AM was there. She sang a solo and it was a song my Dad used to sing! She attended our small Sabbath School class and wished me a happy Sabbath. Before Sabbath School I mentioned to her that I liked her solo and that my Dad used to sing it. She still doesn't look at me but she speaks and seems to be trying and that's great. All I want is to be a Christian brother. So I guess my last attempt maybe had some effect. I'm glad. Agnes told me that AM called her last night and still keeps asking about me. Agnes said "I told her that you aren't looking for a relationship right now" AM is a strange lady.
Tonight Agnes and Rita and I went to a concert at another Adventist Church and had a wonderful time. We sat with Church Lady and a couple of other friends. My church is such a special place...feeling blessed tonight.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard