Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
F
Congrats smile

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
Z
Z
Thanks for posting an update. We understand if you don't post every day, but 2-3 times a month would be appreciated for those that have gotten to know you.

Also- we might be able to help still. I moved away from my life once, and it was very difficult. I felt like a stranger in my own life. It's exciting, but it can be surreal and challenging.

The hard part for me was that it's easier to make bad friends than good friends. Good friends take time to stumble across, filter, learn about, connect with, and develop relationships with. Bad influences are easy to fall into. So hopefully you can continue to turn to us for support when you are homesick, lonely, or confused.

That said, I'm confident with the little I know about you things are extremely bright in your future. Take care S!

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
E
E
Susanna, thanks for the update! You will be amazing in Spain and your X is an idiot. So glad to know you are okay!

M 46 / H 43
T 24/M 18
S 4
11/6/2014 ILYBNILWY
1/16/2015 Living in separate bedroom
1/8/2016 H moved out

S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello DB friends, I promised some updates and here we are. It's hard to believe it but I am leaving for Spain in just a few days!

I found out this week that I got a flat there. It's actually slightly bigger than the flat H and i have been living in in London, and slightly cheaper, even though I'll be paying the rent on my own! It's actually even cheaper than my half of the rent in London.(London prices!) The neighbourhood is great and all my Spanish friends tell me it's the best place to be. Plus it has a patio which means I can finally have a small garden! And those of you who remember me know that I LOVE cooking, and I'm really excited because the flat has a completely new kitchen/appliances.

I've left my job that I hated in London and I've never been happier career-wise although it's only been 2 weeks. I've already started some freelance work for a friend who owns a business, which I'll be able to continue in Spain because it's all online. I think I've found a puppy to adopt when I get to Spain, too! I've wanted a dog forever but was never allowed one anywhere i lived in London.

I spoke to my doctor last week and I am transitioning off ADs, he said normally they'd advise staying on longer but he thinks I am doing well enough I can come off, which makes me very happy.

So all in all, life is good. H has continued to tell me he loves me, and he'll miss me, and he'll miss living with me. This week has been so emotional, we've packed up our whole house and both cried a lot.

He's moving in with his 20 year old party friend...this guy from his work who's basically his drinking buddy. Last night he was telling me the flat is disgusting and he hasn't even seen his room! Then told me he'd much rather live here with me... *sigh* I wanted to shout at him that this was HIS choice, but I'm so done with that. It just goes to show how f***ed up he still is, and how he needs to sort his head out.

I'm upgrading my life and he's downgrading, and I think at some point he'll regret that...

I have to admit that the last few weeks and months have been some of the hardest of my life.. *but* it does get better, just like everyone says... You don't believe it in the beginning but it does. However I am in no way ready for a relationship and don't think I'll be for a very, very long time. I honestly don't know how or if I can ever trust anyone again, given how out of the blue and confusing this whole thing with H is and how to this day he *still* can't tell me what went wrong (he said to me the other night he still doesn't understand why he feels he can't be with me, and he wishes that he'd been able to talk to me about it before BD so we could work on it - but that he didn't understand what he was feeling or how or when it happened). So, anyone who tells me they're happy is going to fill me with doubt and I don't know how I can form any sort of decent relationship with that in my head! But, I think I will be single for a long while, and if i get lonely at least i will have the puppy as company. wink

I want to thank all of you again for all your support, advice, hand-holding and 2x4s during the darkest months of my life. For those of you out there who are just starting your journey -- when they tell you it gets better no matter what way it turns out, it seems impossible to believe, but it's true. Just have the courage to take decisions that may seem scary, and you never know, you might do the things you've wanted to do forever but were too scared to. Now is the time to make the leap, life is short and you don't want to have any regrets - leave those to your WAS.

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
BOMB 12-3-14 "I don't feel like myself any more"
Still living together, separate rooms.
C
C
This all sounds great, make the most of it.

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
Thanks for the update, Susana -- you sound great! I'm so happy for you, that you're finally putting this all behind you.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
S
You are amazing! Sorry you had to go through the pain, but now it's over and I think it is fantastic you have the spunk to start a new life in a different country.

I wish for you wonderful things in life, and especially a future with someone who will appreciate how special you are. Stay looking straight ahead, that is where your future is located.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
W
W
Susana,

What a terrific update!! You sound stronger and happier. It's really too bad that H was not able to truly see the shining diamond that has been right in front of him the entire time. Someone will most certainly notice it and treasure it.

Enjoy Spain! I'm a bit envious of you because of all the tapas places you get to sample at any time, any place you want to. I love tapas!

Enjoy writing new chapters in the Susana Book. smile

V
V
Keep checking in Susana

The fat lady is only just taking her first step to the microphone

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 06/12/15 01:06 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard