Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
Originally Posted By: Pink17
Bob, that verse is so fantastic. It's just what I need to remind myself every day. I am a believer and he gives so much strength I can't even explain.

Hello Dear Pink,

I feel so good that you liked the verse. I am going to use it to remind myself every day. Good idea! It's great that you had some good GAL activities. Good for you.

I am really sorry to hear how your S feels. It is sad, I know.

I second what Toots wrote re: your sitch: "I would have to think long and hard about what I really wanted now."

An old saying came to mind, and I just posted it in someone else's thread:

Never run away from or toward anything too quickly.

Sending many *Hugs* your way.

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
R
R
Hi Pink. I was so glad to read about your day with your friends from home. It sounded like great fun.

You posted how we all help each other and how I have helped you in some way.

I honestly believe if we had met in some other life when e were younger we would have been very good friends My mum also had many many sleepless nights and one night I was being chased by the police My mum was walking home from a church meeting about 9pm with a friend and walking over a bridge near our home. I passed her at the top of the bridge about 5 feet in the air doing about 90mph When I got home , after losing the police she was waitng at the door and was deathly pale I tried to deny it was me but in those days all my bikes were sprayed in Pepsi colours so quite recognisable. Our poor mums Pink

Also your mum is right about being careful about people on the web Who knows what type of person we are dealing with. I will take my chances though Pink and be a dublin airport whenever your ready !!!!!!!!

I'm so glad your in a better place and long may it last. Put any R issues to one side for now and become a happier and more content Pink. Life will bring you happiness You deserve it

Take care special Pink. Your online buddy. Rd

P
Pink17 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
RD, very funny about the police chase. It reminded me once when I was coming back from work, there was a huge police blitz. I did not have a license to drive the bike, so I stopped by a car dealer and wait, and wait. It was getting late and I had a meeting that night.

I decided to drive against traffic and had one police car on a chase. It was super scary. I still have that feeling like I did not know exactly how it would end up. But, I manage to lose the police and did not kill myself.

Yes, I was de devil. Will never tell my kids of all the crazy, but sure I keep it in my heart as some trophies. Because I drove in highways to go to work, I asked my mechanic to change all my Honda original chains. He transformed it into some super duty machine. It have heavy gear so I could put the metal to the pedal.

Sometimes it was kind of late and I drove that heavy bike dressed for work. With short skirt and high heels. Well, that is to picture and smile for sure, because it was very funny.

Did you ever slept with your helmet on? I did, and it was a big neck pain the next day. I was just so tired I collapsed. Other time, I got a storm during the winter, it was cold like hell. I got home and stood under the shower with helmet and leather until I defrosted.

So many crazy stuff, I feel happy looking back. My mom doesn't know half of what I did.

Yes RD, you helped me more then you think. Now, I look forward to read your posts. There is always a caring word, encouragement, hope, a friend that cares. And I can tell you that I do not need to be young to become your friend, neither you as a matter of fact.

All what I have inside my soul now, makes me believe that it is not so bad to be old like I am. But if it bothers you, sorry I can't really change that.

The invitations goes to you too. If you decide to land in Denver, just shoot me a message and I can wait there for you. It takes me about 45 min to an hour depending what time of the day.

Maybe when my D is done and I can touch my finances again, then I can give you a surprise and show up there. I can't spend money right now because I put some sanctions on my H, but that gets me too.

Today I was smiling when I was cleaning the dishes and S15 said: Can I guess? You are thinking about something funny RD told you. What was the funny stuff this time?

RD, it is good to dream, and it is getting my mind off my idiot H and all the pain he is bringing to my family. H did not call the boys all week and nothing on Saturday, and he is not traveling. It's pathetic how he disregard the pain he is causing to his kids. I actually will need to work hard on forgiveness issues, because I just hate that he is doing this.

Today, a little later I will meet with a bunch of girls for a bridal shower of one of my friends future daughter in law. I am making some "Brigadeiro" it is made with condensed milk and chocolate, after preparing you make little balls and cover with sweet chocolate sprinkles. The girls love it.

After the bridal shower I will have dinner at some other friends that live in my neighborhood. So, busy, busy. Kids are planning to go somewhere and do some fun. Don't know where yet.

Life can be good. I think I need to give it a try.

Thanks for all your attention and caring.
Lots of hugs and kisses to you and your kiddos.
Pink

Pink17
S22,19 and 16
D:8/5/2015

R
R
Hi Pink. Loved the mental picture of you in the shower fully clothed with crash helmet on !!!!!!!!!!

my worst time with the police was when I got clocked at 143mph on the back wheel. I thought I had giving the police the slip but I didn't know about the helicopter !!!!!! I got a 3 month ban and several points I was coming back from EXW parents house on the A303 to London.

When I said about when we were younger was I would have been asking you out on a date because someone with your passion and recklessness would have being perfect for me !!! of course we are friends now

I have no problem with age because I never really grew up. Myself and S20 bought another bike yesterday so we have another for you to chose from when you arrive !

It's EXWs dads birthday today so I got kids to call him. He asked to speak to me and asked was there any hope for EXW and I. I told him I didn't think so and that she needed her family because she didn't seem happy He said he hoped we get back together as EXW appears to be destroying her life

I better check on dinner. Take care Rd. xx

P
Pink17 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Just some details about the weekend:

H disappear on Friday and Saturday. The kids and I did not hear from him at all. The on Sunday this was the interaction:

10:19m - H - I wanted you to know that my dad has had two additional surgeries since Wednesday. (Sat/Sun) & is under observation to return to ICU.

10:34 - Me - Sorry to hear that H. It's always such nervous situation. Is he doing good, just post surgery observations or is there any complications? Is this the prostate issue? Are you in Hampton with your family? I will pray for God to hold your Dad and give him strength to get better. And also for you and your family, to give peace to endure this time. My mom had surgery yesterday, but besides being dizzy she is doing well. Her doctor said that her dizziness may be because the anesthesia, since she takes heart medications. Please, let me know if you need anything. It will be all alright. I am sorry it's happening. Thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate. Will all your mom later today.

11:12a - H - Some complications, but he should be OK. We will follow very closely in the next hours. I am glad your mom is OL. Btw, I am here in Colorado & leaving early am Monday for Minneapolis. I'll return Wednesday night.

11:33am - Thanks Hon, will keep your Dad in my prayers, very close to my heart. May this be all to make him stronger and healthier.

11:40am - H - Thanks. I pray for your mom every day.

1:38pm - H - My dad has some kind of leak in his urinary system. They will do another surgery tomorrow to repair.

3:53pm - Me - H I am sending prayers for him. I also did text my prayer group to pray for him and sent a message to my family to keep him in prayer there too. Are you alright?

4:04pm - H - Yeah. Thanks.

4:55pm - H - Cira, would it be OK to stop by the house, just for a few minutes?

8:56pm - Me - The kids were in a park and they are home now. I know it is late for you, but if you want to say Hi to them then it's OK.

8:58pm - H - Thanks. I am heading out from work very soon.

I know I should just get this as it is. H was feeling bad about his dad and decided to share with me. The hard part is to let go on all my questions. Why he does this? Why is him so needy if he is so happy in his new life? But I understand it's best to just let go on the questions and let him be, do whatever his crazy mind is doing.

I was not home when H stopped by. Kids said that he basically came in and said Hi, told them that he would be traveling, asked if they were alone and them said he need to leave because he needed to get ready for his trip.

I actually feel good I did not see him. I did not have the aggravation of H feeling sad and sorry for himself. I was kind with him, gave him some support, but was not there to hug and let him cry on my shoulder. I know how hard it is for him that his step dad is so sick now.

But let's be honesty, he fired me some time ago, so I am not suppose to be there for him all the time, if ever.

I think I did good. I do not feel bad today.

Any advice is welcome!
Pink

Pink17
S22,19 and 16

P
Pink17 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
It's Monday here and:

10:26am - H - Thanks for letting me stop by last night. My dad is a little better today. They are closely watching the progress.

I actually never said he can't stop by the house or anything similar. He was always welcome at the house.

Oh well, it is just another crazy stuff in his mind. I feel like he creates some weird stories in his mind and then live with it like it is reality.

I will text him back saying: Glad to hear that your dad is a little better. He is a strong man and I am sure he is fighting to get better soon. Let's keep praying that soon he will be out of any danger and will start full recovery. Thanks for keeping me posted, I appreciate it. I will pass the news to the boys. We have been talking about big grandpa.

I think I am doing what I need to do, giving him some support during this difficult time for him. A distant support, I feel its best.

What do you guys think?
Pink

Pink17
S22,19 and 16

R
R
Hi Pink. I think you did great. H knows you care and that's fine. For me , , the perfect thing is you were out when he called. Brilliant. If you meant to be even better. You've shown him you care but your not pursuing.

Just my two cents worth.

Take care Rd

S
S
Hello Pink, I'm sorry to hear about your Mum and H's Dad not being too well. I hope things are improving. It sounds like you did fine to me. I always think times like these are good times to show some support, and then you can step back again when life goes back to normal (whatever normal is for us nowadays!)

Sounds like you are doing well my friend. Any update on your eldest's Dad & a possible visit??

((((Pink))))

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
P
Pink17 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Nothing much to report, worked a lot today. Getting S15 ready for football camp. So much gear, it looks like he is going to war.

I am planning to go to a big concert on 6/14, so I did talk to a friend from work today and she wants to go, text another friend and she is working that day but will try to get someone to cover for her (she's a nurse).

I will probably be driving, but that is fine. You can probably google and see where it will be. At the Red Rockies in CO, beautiful place.

H did text me today saying:
"My dad is stable today and they are planning another surgery on Thursday."

I did not answer yet because I was super busy at work today, but I am planning to keep just as a friendly supporter during this difficult time in his life.

No expectations, nothing too much, nothing too little.

Pink

Pink17
S22,19 and 16

S
S
I think that is what DB is all about. Sounds like you are doing good with H. Supporting but not overly so. I think it is easy to try to hard and then they think that you are being manipulative when all you are trying to do is show you care. It is a fine line we walk!

I appreciate all your support that you give me BTW.

Skhdivers
M 20 years
S 1/28/15
Me 49 h 45
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard