Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2571991 05/26/15 10:32 PM
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Old thread last post

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2571543#Post2571543

Previous threads

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&view=started&id=36177

Sorry Cadet shortcut icon does not work on first post on my ipad2.

V

Edit- These links above work fine for me..... I am confused - Cadet

Last edited by Cadet; 06/03/15 02:05 PM. Reason: message

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
J
Hi V

So i've been away from the boards for a bit and i can see from the bit of catching up that i've done that the continuing revelations about your H havent eased up any.

I always said i had a different take on your H but even my most naively forgiven version is struggling these days.

Anyway I hope you are ok and you can see your path to better things and a happier life.

(((Vanilla)))

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Joe, Gan, Edz, Dawn and Bob, I thank you for all the support as its really special to me.

I really would not be getting through this without the loving support of all the DBers who kept me going in my last thread.

For those who need to catch up, a Mexican stand off, V asked H to leave the big house and H stormed off.

I am trying to be so dark, still and NC. H is being vindictive and destroyed computer records.

V is about to go under financially and has work overload. The office had to move.

No sale on the Big House.

V had a belated birthday BBQ, some GAL, big GAL.

Filing soon.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: jim0987
Hi V

So i've been away from the boards for a bit and i can see from the bit of catching up that i've done that the continuing revelations about your H havent eased up any.

I always said i had a different take on your H but even my most naively forgiven version is struggling these days.

Anyway I hope you are ok and you can see your path to better things and a happier life.

(((Vanilla)))

Jim, can you explain your view?

I value your opinion very highly indeed.

V

V 64, WAW

S
S
Just want to lend support to you on your new thread, V. Hang in there, we all want the best for you!

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: Wonka
Vanilla,

You would want to try to take an objective view of your sitch.

-Is this person I would want to be friends with...nevermind being in an intimate R with as in a M?

Absolutely not. Frankly as I was so inexperienced in this type of R, I feel deliberately misled. H is a compulsive gambler and I was taken for a ride. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. There is no redemption here and no future R possible as there will never be any trust. As H revealed his true colours and lost control (thank you DB) then he became increasingly verbally abusive.

-Does this person treat me with respect?

No. I will not drop to his low standards in this as best that I can.
I have made the decision that I will treat everyone including H with dignity and respect.

-Does this person support me and put me as the #1 priority?

No he does not, and in truth I believe H should be more self centred and less selfish. Although for a long time he pretended to. I have asked myself if I supported H and treated him as my number one priority. The answer is yes, until the damage got too great and in the end doing so was really unhealthy for both H and I. I am sure that H presents me as the 'bad guy' in all this and that is his choice. His life and I would love him to recover, but it is up to him to do that for himself.

Wonka, I am truly frightened by H and his rants. H is an aggressive and controlling man who has lost control. His brand of control is unpleasant and abusive to me. I do not like his behaviour at all and it makes me anxious. I am detached from him but not the irrationality.

H rang my office today and quizzed my contractors about the BBQ over the weekend. A weekend of GAL for me for my birthday. H asked some detailed questions of them and they were concerned by the nature of them.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 05/27/15 01:20 AM.

V 64, WAW

W
W
V,

I am going to go a bit further and ask some difficult questions here.

-Do you want to remain/be married to H?
-Do you want to expend the energy in DBing H?
-With 20/20 hindsight now, has some of the character flaws remained unchanged in all of the years you've been married to H?

-What are your core values as Vanilla, not as the wife of HName?

-What do you truly want in the second act of your life?

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: Wonka
V,

I am going to go a bit further and ask some difficult questions here.

-Do you want to remain/be married to H?

No Wonka. My papers are ready to file. However I still stand for my M and the vows I made.

-Do you want to expend the energy in DBing H?

Wonka, you know I love you dearly. I am DBing myself and standing for my M. For me personally, it has been about my recovery and that journey has only just begun.

So will I expend the energy? absolutely.

In the same way I will continue my GAManon meetings : I am V and my ex H is a compulsive gambler, this is part of my story. I will pay it forward.

Will I love H? absolutely I will, and I hope he will be happy and resolve his issues. It will take more than me DBing this H to do this though. That is OK too.

-With 20/20 hindsight now, has some of the character flaws remained unchanged in all of the years you've been married to H?

H appeared to change the moment we married. Within 3 months he had given up work and received a payoff. That's when his behaviour deteriorated very quickly. Whether that is as a result of his life sitch, his personality or his compulsions is for him to know. I have learned that whatever the cause is, and that bridge is crossed and burned, is irrelevant. I will live a life free of abuse, and frankly if H behaves this way towards someone he claims to love, then it's a pretty poor show. This fat lady has sung "I will not be abused, that is my boundary, you have breached that boundary repeatedly even though it is enforced. Now leave".

-What are your core values as Vanilla, not as the wife of HName?

My core values are simple enough, to be guided by my higher power and to live as spiritually and with love as only I can, one day at a time. To be serene in my 12 steps. I also will take better care of my physical needs, I was granted a beautiful healthy body and mind and it is within my gift to take extreme care of it.

What do you truly want in the second act of your life?

Love, to love and be loved.

Thats generous Wonka, I am moving into my fourth act! I plan to stabilise my Fins and be with my friends and family for a long time.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 05/27/15 01:53 AM.

V 64, WAW

W
W
V,

I am going to post some comments from my angelic team about a situation I faced recently and it centers on the theme of radical honesty & truth. I am going to quote here for you as you contemplate how it relates to your situation with H.

You may take it to heart or discard as you see fit. As always, use discernment when you encounter people and situations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your Higher Self is present, activating your powers of reason and intellect. It asks you to develop clarity and objectivity when looking at your life, rather than interpreting events through the murky and distorted waters of emotion. Strive to see the reality of what happened in the past so you can acquire a more accurate understanding of what's going on. You may notice things that make you uncomfortable or challenge your ethics. Ask your Higher Self to give you the courage to stand up for your truth and address difficult situations at their core, rather than distance yourself or pretend you don't see the real problems because they make you uncomfortable. Like the child in the fairy tale "The Emperor's New Clothes", your Higher Self is motivating you to not only see life more deeply, but to also show your perceptions with those around you.

This is the time, for example, to address your unbalanced budget and look for ways to to cut corners. It's also the time to acknowledge your ever expanding waistline and seek out what's really eating at you. This is when you need to step away from your emotions and dispassionately study the problems at hand so that you can come to a solution without blame and projection. Ask yourself what the problem is, not who the problem is. Only then can you begin to find real solutions with productive outcomes. Your Higher Self is sharpening your perception and clarifying your view so that you can make important and necessary changes at this time.

As Carl Jung once said, "When the diagnosis is correct, then healing begins." And your Higher Self's message is: "Look for the truth behind appearances."

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
This song seems to speak to me about my current position:

Life goes on

You sucked me in and played my mind
Just like a toy
You would crank and wind
baby, I would give you what you wanted
You left me lying in a pool of doubt
If you're still thinking you're the Daddy Mac
You should have known better
But you didn't
And I can't go back

Oh, life goes on
And it's only gonna make me strong
It's a fact
once you get on board
Say goodbye
'Cause you can't go back
Oh, it's a fight
and I really want to get it right
It's my life before me
Got this feeling that I can't go back

Wish I knew then what I know now
You held all the cards
And you sold me out
Baby, shame on you if you fool me once
Shame on me if you fool me twice
You've been a pretty hard case to crack
Should have known better
But I didn't and
I can't go back

Na, an, na, life goes on
Na, na, an, na, only gonna make me stronger

Oh, oh yea

Got a feeling that I can't go back

Life goes on

Oh yeah.
Life goes on and on and on

Reprise

Gotta go now I am on a run
No turning back
Gonna make me strong

Gotta feeling that I can't go back
No I can't go back
Oh yeah

sung by Lee Ann Rimes

Last edited by Vanilla; 05/27/15 02:30 AM.

V 64, WAW

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard