Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Z
Z
Lol Gan, idk if benign is even on the multiple choice list here wink

I read this and all I can think - and lately every time I encounter a group of men - are any of them honest people? How many are slimy under their pretty manners?

Hope you're doing something fun for you.

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

Z
Z
Yeah, I think mention of a hotel room is pretty sleazy. I'm surprised you continued your conversation after that but it sounds like at the time it seemed more innocent than it does to some of us.

Agreed that I feel for the W at home. But no matter what, she can be proud of who she is when she looks in the mirror (that's assuming she's a wonderful person wink )

I can assure all of you that there are many men that would never cheat on their wives. Just as I keep reminding myself there are many women that wouldn't throw away a man like that.

Either way, we get out of our lives what we put in. And I'm realizing that while there's nothing I'd love more than a partnership with a committed and mature woman, I'm not going to let someone else's destructive choices rain on my parade either. I've got too much candy to throw to the crowds. Whatever that even means.

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Nah...didn't seem sleazy at the time. He didn't say "we could get a hotel" - I'd have stopped the convo there if so. He was suggesting I could get a hotel. I'd have thought nothing of it were it not for the fact that there were a lot of compliments and other nuanced stuff in the conversation.

One thing it did highlight is, having been with one guy for so long, I feel like I don't know how to take compliments on my appearance from other men. Is it a sign that they're game if I am, or do some men just compliment random ladies and not mean anything more by it?

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
J
J
Originally Posted By: Cadet
So now you see how affairs start.

FWIW, I second this as well. I used to travel A LOT for work, and being happily married I never would have hit on someone like this on a plane or in an airport. My main focus was missing my wife and getting home.

While I think it's a positive towards you and could be conceived complimentary, this particular guy still seems suspect in my book.

Having said that, regardless of motive, I've never known anyone to compliment someone if they didn't find them attractive, so I say good for you and enjoy the attention, even if it's just for the moment!

Me:36 W:30
M:2.75 T:7
BD: 4/2015
ILYBNILWY: 5/2015
W Moved Out: 5/2015
W filed for D: 7/2015
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Will post an "update" later. For now just wanted to acknowledge the sad news about the death of Nobel laureate John Nash (who the film Beautiful Mind is about) and his wife. He battled schizophrenia.

I noticed in the news reports that they were married in 1957 and divorced in 1963...then re-married in 2001!!!

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
R
R
Thanks for stopping by my thread Gan! I did know that John Nash and his wife remarried (when the movie reviews came out some of them mentioned it, along with his infidelity) but I had no idea there was such a long gap in between. 38 years! And apparently Stephen Hawking is much closer again to his first wife. I guess you never know what life will bring, particularly if you are a Nobel Prize Winner. grin

Hope you are doing well.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
S
S
Wow, that is a long gap! Welcome back Gan & thanks for your post. I hope your trip went well. Any news of your H recently??

Looking forward to your update ;-)

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
S
Originally Posted By: gan
Anyway, you ladies - raliced, Maybell and SunnyB (and Ahoy - haven't seen her lately?) - have been a feature of my journey since the beginning. Although I can't relate to the parental challenges you talk about on here (and so I don't post on your threads very often), know that I've found a lot of inspiration in the strength you show on here. You are such wonderful role models to your children.
Gan, I thought this was really sweet. You and I have the same BD month, and I feel like I'm such a different person than I was then. The people on these boards have been my lifeline, even if they didn't know it. I'm glad to hear someone else has benefitted from my path. smile

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
O
O
Welcome back gan. How is it that you are such a jet setter? If it doesn't give too much away.

And I thought 'ants marching' was a photoshop reference.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
OD - I'm employed by a university and do research in Uganda/Tanzania. Better not say more than that. Actually, I've discovered that I have dropped enough hints since the beginning that someone could string it all together and google me*.

I'm still waiting for you to do the big reveal and tell us you were the guitarist from Pink Floyd or something.

* If you find me....be sure to look me up IRL ;-)

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard