S
S
gan? Bueller?

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Toots, Zelda, V, SunnyB - thanks for dropping by. Been a busy (and good) week. Will post an update when I get home from work.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
J
J
Morning Gan (UK Time)

Busy finishing your Papier Mache Moose I hope smile

So do you have a title for your paper yet?

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ok I lied. Didn't get on last night and now I'm at the airport en route to Uganda. Will post from Dubai....not that there is much to say!

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
O
O
You're such as jet setter gan. What a glamourous life you lead despite this minor set back. :-)

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Greetings from Dubai where I am 6hrs in to an 8hr layover. Ugh.

Not much to report from the week. GAL score = average (2 x yoga + trivia with colleagues). Looks like work will be sending me to Canada at the end of August. Also a really promising post-grad dropped out of the sky during the week to ask if I would support her post-doc scholarship thingy. It will be really good if she gets it! No, Jim I’ve not yet got the titles for those papers yet – they are a ways off given where we are at in the research.

Still trying to wrap my head around the flight just past. I sat next to a guy who works at another university to me (different discipline). After exchanging pleasantries we chatted a while, then a bit longer, then pretty much the whole flight actually except a couple of movies and nap here and there. It’s a 14 hr flight, people! At one point I noticed him looking at my hand to see if I was wearing a ring…then eventually he referred to the fact that I wasn’t. By this point I’d noticed that he *was* wearing a ring and eventually he talked about his wife and kids. Seems happily married enough. Eventually I got into a little of my story. But there were plenty of references to me being pretty, romantic gestures, and stuff I wouldn’t usually discuss with total strangers. He asked what I was going to do with my long layover and then pointed out there was a hotel in the airport (!?) Later I asked what he was going to do with his layover, to which he responded he was going to ask me for coffee. So we grabbed a drink in Dubai and went our separate ways. I am so out of the whole dating/romance thing I really couldn’t tell if this was a benign conversation or not. Certainly it’s not my usual long haul experience! Did I mention he was French?

And of course…no word from H.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
C
C
So now you see how affairs start.

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
Hmm, I agree with Cadet. Sounds like he may have been hoping for more than coffee. Shame to think of his W sitting at home wondering how his flight was going....

Glad it ended up just being a coffee, and hope the rest of your trip goes well!!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
L
L
Hi Gan, sounds like an interesting flight! At least it kept you entertained. But yeah, sounds like he was hoping to join the mile high club with you. wink

It sounds like you are indeed in the same confused boat as I am, being new to this flirting game. "Is he asking me to have sex in the airport hotel or telling me it looks like I need a shower and a nap?" haha. Seems you handled it well.

I hope your travels are fun and safe!

hugs, Lisa

V
V
Interesting story, Gan. Crazy how bold people can be.

Ugh, LisaB and Gan, just the idea of dating again makes me nauseous. I can imagine how confusing it has to be at the start of entering back in that world.

Me: 42 H: 40
M: 12
H moved out - 8/2015
I filed - 8/2015
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard