Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
OK, here's my dilemma...this is the message I left the first lady yesterday after one and a half hours of chatting (yeah, it was one and a half...didn't feel like it though lol)...and remember I've met her before, "Hey, I've got to go now. I'd be happy to meet again if you'd like to. Fridays are good for me but I'm flexible, except for Wednesdays 'cuz I have bible study... so let me know if you'd like to. I'd be delighted to see you again. Talk to you soon :)" And her response was "Oh OK, nice chatting with you. Enjoy the rest of your evening" I sent her a brief message this morning just asking who she was cheering for in the NBA playoffs...she's a big Celtics fan and they're out. So far I haven't heard from her at all. Now, do I just leave it for now 'cuz I put the meet invite out there or do I keep contacting and chatting some more? I'm not sure here. I'm ok either way, I just don't wanna waste my time on cheeseless tunnels!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Yep you just leave it alone for now and wait for her response.

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Wow, this OK Cupid is a gold mine! I've been chatting with a 41 year old lady tonight...her sister is a Seventh Day Adventist so she knows about Adventism. She's almost a vegetarian too...and she lives not far from my work. Nice!

S
S
Wii - I chatted with so many guys when I joined online dating - I couldn't count them all. But very few were really interested in meeting - other than the last minute guys.

So many people just want to talk. Great for an intro but if you out the ball out there & they make no attempt to go for it. Drop it totally.

I had the most success when I stopped trying so hard.

The key question is - are you looking for women you have common interests with who are in your age group? I think they are the most compatible.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Barb. I certainly have better things to do than sit around all night messaging with strangers about nothing lol. I've heard a lot of women complaining that men seem to want to chat but not meet. There must be a lot of really bored people out there! The first two women I mentioned are in their fifties and the last one had just checked out my profile, so I read hers and liked it so I contacted her and she replied. She was really nice to talk to, she asked questions, gave more info than she had to, was funny ("I know the difference between an Adventist and a Jehovah Witness lol") and I felt very comfortable with her. I told her that maybe we could message tonight and if all went well we could meet for coffee soon. I ain't looking for a messaging buddy lol. We shall see smile

W
OP Offline
W
Well, it appears my dance card is now empty once more. Apparently, women will chat with you for hours but once you use the "c" word ("coffee", what did you think I meant lol)they scatter like cockroaches in the kitchen when the light goes on. Oh well, I guess that's the downside to online dating. You have access to a lot more people but you have to deal with a lot more nonsense too. Moving on...

R
R
Wii that happened to me too. What I realized is that the ones who chatted a lot but did not want to meet werent being honest. They were either still married or recently separated or just crazy smile

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

B
B
The nature of the online dating is that you have many more strike outs than base hits. Even the base hits often turn into double plays and you have to start over. However, if you have patience someone special will come around, steal your heart and that's when you hit the home run!

Along the way, you get to meet some really interesting (good and not so good) people. It's a journey, enjoy it, stick to your principles - don't settle because you become impatient or frustrated with the process. Keep the faith Wii - she's out there somewhere waiting for you to find her.

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Thx Rick and BA. It only takes one! I met SDA Lady online and although it didn't work out I'll never regret having shared that relationship with her. Any lady I've met I've enjoyed the experience whether it went any further or not. When a lady says "it ain't there" I'm cool with it...but usually they don't, you end up having to figure it out yourself. Anyway, onwards and upwards. I think I'll chill for a bit...I've had enough nonsense for one month lol.

W
OP Offline
W
Agnes told me tonight that AM phoned her today and was asking how I was, what I'm doing, am I seeing anyone...what does she care? She's planning on coming to our church next Sabbath. I'm cool with it. I have no problems with having her around. We're going to the nursing home to sing after church and AM always enjoys doing that. She's got a new job too so that was nice to hear. Beats me why she cares about my love life though.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard