Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Btw, D17 (who will be D18 on Saturday) was accepted to the University I went to for September. She's pretty excited 'cuz that's where she wanted to go!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Uh, and the lady I had dessert with has kids the same age as mine...not my age as I mistakenly typed, it's Monday lol. Just so's you know!

W
W
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Frodo? Is that one of those funny Starbucks coffee drinks?

It's from The Hobbit books....J.RR. Tolkien.

W
OP Offline
W
Hey, did I mention that the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) want to use some of my photos from the recent benefit concert we held at the church. Pastor says they want to use them for promotion materials. Nice!

B
B
Very cool Wii - congrats!!

BA

W
OP Offline
W
A lady visited my profile today and I was really taken by some of what she wrote in hers...apparently she's my 97% match but also lives in the Philippines lol. Here's some of what she wrote...nice stuff.

For it is not happy people who are thankful ; it is thankful people who are happy.

Real JOY is not something you have in your hands ; it is something you carry in your heart. Share it and it will come back to you a hundred fold. Know often that the greatest JOY comes from going through tough times and growing stronger and BETTER (not bitter!)

Sometimes you have to SMILE by FAITH. If you smile by FAITH, soon the JOY will FOLLOW. Living in a favorable and unfavorable situation is called part of LIVING. But SMILING in all those situations is called ART of LIVING.

GOD gave us all a SMILE. Are you using yours?

If the ONLY thing you have to offer are your LOOKS, then that's going to lead you to having superficial relationships with people. People who are attracted to you ONLY because of your pretty face or nice body won't be by your side FOREVER. But the people who can see how beautiful your heart is will NEVER leave you. Never look for just a GOOD FACE, it will turn old one day. Never look for just a GOOD SKIN, it will wrinkle one day. Never look for just a HOT BODY, it will change one day. Never look for just NICE HAIR, it will turn white one day. But look for a woman who is after GOD's own HEART and a LOYAL&COMPASSIONATE HEART the ONE that I HAVE - that will LOVE YOU ALWAYS and EVERYDAY...

The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of CHRISTIAN but the fact that I am a CHRISTIAN does make me a different kind of WOMAN.

Don't write your name on the sand, waves will wash it away. Don't write your name in the sky, wind may blow it away. Write your name in hearts of people you come in touch and as much as possible have a positive, seraphic impact in them. That's where it will stay.

The problem with some people in these modern days and age is that they spend most of their time looking for someone to sleep with instead of finding someone worth waking up to.

I only speak when I feel that my words are better than my SILENCE.

Never let LOYALTY and KINDNESS get away from you. Wear them like a necklace ; write them deep within your heart. Then you will find favor from GOD and people - PROVERBS 3 : 3.

W
OP Offline
W
I've been chatting this evening with a lady I had coffee with 3.5 years ago! I signed on to OKCupid, and made very clear my faith, and I found her on this site too. She was the second lady I had coffee with when I started online dating. She was really anxious 'cuz she'd just started out again too. She said to me "we have to be very careful, we don't have time to mess up again!" lol. Anway, we had a nice evening and I drove her home and asked her to meet again...and she flaked on me. But she did send me a nice email saying that she was just feeling she wasn't ready to date yet and was taking herself off the dating site. No prob. So anyway, she's a Christian, loves photography, sang in her church choir, fun sense of humour and I liked her. So, I "liked" her and she "liked" me (and we also have a 97% match on OK Cupid...whatever that means) so I sent her a message. She responded "Have we communicated before? How do you know my name? Please help me to remember." So I gave her the details of our coffee meet and even told her the funny thing she said that I remembered. She replied "I'm so impressed! You remember the date, the place and the details of our conversation!" I told her that I'm good with detail...I should have told her it was cuz she was so memorable lol. Anyway, we chatted for over an hour and she looked at my Flicker page. We talked about church and photos. I left it at suggesting we get together again soon and gave her what day of the week worked best for me and said that I'd be delighted to see her again if she'd like to. So I just left it at "we'll talk more soon" She responded with "Oh Ok, you have to go. Nice chatting with you. Have a great rest of the night" Hm, not sure about that answer...she isn't breaking down my door lol. When I first contacted her a few years ago she quizzed me for nine days by email and finally I told her it was time to put up or shut up...ha ha, nicely of course. She wasn't ready then...so we shall see. Again, not sure a non-Adventist will work but I'm willing to take a look.

W
OP Offline
W
Hm, I'm messaging with another lady now too...and she also likes photography! And I was afraid that my high score for purity on the OK Cupid whatever it is scale would be a handicap lol. She seems nice...we shall see.

B
B
How great it would be if you met someone you clicked with that had a mutual passion for photography!

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Yes BA, true love can never be Photoshopped.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard