Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
H
so sweet - it made me tear up - really!

Was made a better person by DB'ers
S
OP Offline
S
Just to clarify, the words on p. 1 of this thread are the lyrics to a song -- I didn't write those.

The note I put in her card last night, I did write.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
M
MCS Offline
M
Starsky,

It made me tear up to. I have to say, I was praying that I have the same view in the future, but understand that regardless the plan is already in motion. I just need to keep my eyes looking up at Him. I probably don't have to say it, you gave the glory to God, but He's seeing that glory flowing out through all of the lives you've helped on these boards.

Thanks for all of your help and congrats to you and Mrs. Starsky. Our lives are more often defined by how we react to adversity and you two are examples of overcoming it.

Last edited by MCS; 04/14/15 10:27 PM.

M:36 W:37
T: 15 M:11
S6 D5
BD: 8/10/14
IDLY: 8/12/14
S: 8/13/14 (she left, I stayed w/ kids)
D Mentioned: 10/15/14
Confronted about OM: 10/15/14
EA: ~4/13 PA: ~10/13
She filed: 8/15 (not final)
S
OP Offline
S
smile

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
B
B
Starsky,

I echo MCS's sentiments exactly. grin

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
S
S
Congratulations Starsky! I, for one, always appreciate your insight and knowledge displayed in each thread. So many of us are lost, confused and hurt. If not for people like you paying it forward, many of us would be doomed to helplessness. Love your inspirational story.

M: 8 years, together 9
M: 41 W: 32
D 4, S 6
ILYBINILWY 2/10/15
2/14/15-2/22/15 Left home
4/5/15 Suspect A, Initiated Sandi's advice from WW thread
4/19/15 W asked for D
O
O
congratulations and happy anniversary... God is good. and I will never give up on my marriage. your story is such a inspiration... i hope mine will end with a happy ending just like yours...

Me 34 H 33
Married 2006
S5 D2
BD Jan 2015 EA/PA
He moved out 2/2/2015
Came back 5/2015
Filed divorce papers 8/21/2015
W
W
My Dear Starsky,

Here's a glass of amaretto to you and the fetching Mrs. Starsky. I do recall reading your threads as Choc as a lurker and was very impressed with your honesty, articulate thoughts, and process. Then we connected when you morphed as Puppy and the rest is history.

You're a good and fine man! cool

B
B
Congratulations Starsky ! You are one of the finest men I have had the honor of knowing. I am so happy for you and the Mrs. Thank you for all of your support and love and faith in us and in the power of love and God. You have helped me through thick and thin and you will forever be in my heart and I will always be grateful for the strength, truth and courage you helped me find within myself.

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
P
P
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
Those of you who know my sitch know that I have been here since April of 2004, and just about this time of year in 2007 I took the gut blow that we all call "the Bomb Drop" around here, and discovered my wife of then-22 years and the mother of our four children was having an affair.

I'm posting this in Newcomers to let you guys know that while we can't ever guarantee that this is all going to work, THERE IS HOPE, and that thru this forum's support and concepts, and with God's help and a whole lot of hard work . . . it *is* possible to put your marriage back together.

Ours was a hot mess. Years and years of a sex-starved marriage, followed by distance and resentment and then finally Resentment + Entitlement + Neglect + Opportunity = INFIDELITY.

Ugggh.

Well it took us fully two years (and of course a couple is NEVER done truly working at their marriage!), but today, me and the fetching Mrs. Starsky celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, and this summer when our entire family can be with us we're going to celebrate with the renewing of our wedding vows.

Since that ugly Spring of 2007, we have reconciled and seen the birth of two granddaughters (and another one on the way), celebrated our 25th and now our 30th wedding anniversaries, and many other family milestones that never would have been possible.

Make no mistake . . . to God be the glory. I am nothing short of humbled and amazed by what He was able to do with the total MESS that my wife and I had created, but He healed our marriage and today it is stronger than ever.

It takes work, guys. THERE ARE NO MAGIC SILVER BULLETS. Piecing, particularly, is a long slog and not always fun, but it is SO worth it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a success story, and give my Lord His proper glory, and encourage you all. And I hope the mods and admins will indulge me with a link (it's just a song video) -- it's perfect for the occasion. If not, just take that link portion down and I'll just leave the lyrics.

Strength and Honor and . . . HOPE,

Chocolateeyes/Puppy Dog Tails/Starsky

"I Won't Give Up"

"I Won't Give Up"
Jason Mraz

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am

I won't give up on us
I'm still looking up, I'm still looking up.

Well, I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I won't give up on us
I'm still looking up

Thank you for this inspiration. I needed this today. I didn't stick to DB over week-end with a very difficult situation and I'm feeling despondent that because it is our second separation and we've had so many years of strife full reconciliation would be near impossible. Your words are encouraging. I need to stay the course. I always told my H that the 'anchor holds' I need to remember that too.

Cheers,
PureHrt
18 years married, 22 years together
Separated since Jan (2nd time in 3 years)
1 child
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard