Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
She told me she was a single mother of twins, they are 8 years old, stay with her parents and she's planning to adopt another child soon. I asked their names and that's when she told me "it's a secret" so I said "your kids names are secret? What are they secret agents for the government lol." She said that she likes to have some secrets and she doesn't discuss her children with people "it's my private life and I don't discuss it with people" she said "you will never see their pictures on FB...only my nephews" OK. She was nice about it and didn't seem to be upset but...strange!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Wii - realistically - is she someone you would really want to be with? She has kids at home that she doesn't want to talk about, plans to adopt another, is much younger than you - now you've learned - even younger, and doesn't respond to your date requests?
A friend, perhaps - but texting does not make a relationship. And you indicate that is what you want.
Sometimes we spend so much time & energy chasing the wrong dream and it keeps us unavailable for the right one.
Just my take on it. Have a nice Saturday.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
I have those thoughts too Barb! Today, after church she asked me to take photos with her. So I hung around after her ladies chorus practice and suggested we go out for lunch. It was a nice day and I had nothing to do. She didn't respond but babbled on about other things. A friend was going to drive us to her place and drop me at a bus stop. I suggested again that we grab something to eat at the plaza near her place...again, no response. So we dropped her and I went to my stop. When I got home I found she'd texted me four times about plans for next week. Agnes has invited AM and I over for dinner after church and our singing engagement at a nursing home. I texted her "I'm confused. I asked you twice to grab lunch together and you ignored me. I don't understand this behaviour. Please explain. I'm feeling rather hurt and embarrassed right now." She responded right away. "OMG, you were really asking me?" I said "Of course I was!" she said "I thought you were being funny!" I said "why would that be funny?" She said "I'm so sorry". I said "Next time you can ask me 'cuz so I don't have to feel stupid anymore! Btw, I need to know if you have any issues with me that need to be talked about? I'm dead serious." She replied "Nope, I'm OK." So, that's that. As for wanting a relationship...I don't know and have never said that is what I want. I just want to get to know her to decide whether I do or don't. Even friends have lunch together! I very much enjoy talking and texting with her and we have fun when we're together in groups but I don't know about how it would be to know each other on a different level. So, I'm just backing off and leaving it as is. I'm also quite pleased that I confronted her behaviour rather than just passively lying back and avoiding her. Small step forward lol.

W
OP Offline
W
Btw, my meaning above is that I plan to invest nothing more in this...obviously she has some issues 'cuz I don't believe she thought I was joking. I'm not an idiot! I'll be her friend and initiate less contact with her...we'll be pew buddies lol.

W
OP Offline
W
...and I have messaged a couple of women over the past two weeks. I wasn't putting all me eggs in this basket lol!

W
OP Offline
W
Well, can you guess who called me to tell me that she really did think I was kidding when I asked her for lunch. She told me that dating in the Philippines is so much different than here...and I missed a lot of it cuz she was talking fast. She told me that Agnes thinks that her best friend is her bf now...and she thought that was pretty funny. So anyway, we chatted for a bit and I told her I was going to the park with D21 so she said she'd text me later. OK...whatever.

W
OP Offline
W
...she told me where she's from you don't go anywhere alone with a boy. Interesting.

W
OP Offline
W
Can you guess who texted me this morning asking if I'd like to hang out with her this afternoon? She's doing a cleaning job but will be done about 3 pm. This never gets boring anyway lol!

R
R
Its her comand of the Canadian English limited? Dating someone from a different culture can be interesting. My GF is a native from where my parents are from. Even though I have some familiarity with the culture the dating thing is very different. My GF doesnt understand why Ilove cooking. I do my own laundry and iron my clothe. I let the dish washer do the dishes. Lol. I clean the house and do most repairs. She may not be clear as to your intentions. May be you should be direct if that is what u want. No more tango. smile

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
OP Offline
W
AM is toast...never even got to the place we were meeting before I pulled the plug on her. This is my last post on this topic. Please no advice on what I should have or shouldn't have done...don't need that right now. Just need a little time to process the latest attack of the crazies! Later DBers.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard