Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2554954 04/07/15 02:56 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Well, to update. I never got to perform my duet with AM this Saturday. I got sick Friday, slept 12 hours but wasn't up to it Sabbath morning. I texted her and told her she was on her own...which is no problem, she's used to doing solo's. I felt bad cuz she'd asked me to sing with her but what is is. She texted me back telling me to "drink lots of water, rest and pray". She called me later in the afternoon to see how I was feeling. Sunday we chatted in the morning, she was at her cousins place and they were at an Easter service (Adventists don't celebrate Easter). In the afternoon I went to my Mom's for Easter dinner...she made a nice veggie loaf for me and ham for the rest. We had a nice time. Monday the girls and I took their mother out for her birthday dinner. I'd had a fight Friday with my eldest daughter as I was trying to explain that I don't have the money to be paying for dinners etc. She said "Well, Mom paid for your birthday dinner" and I said "and she makes 40 thou more than I do" Saturday we made up and the girls agreed to pay for part of the dinner. I shared this stuff with AM on Saturday and after we'd talked I decided to settle things with daughter. I'm not good at carrying anger around. I thanked AM for listening and told her that it was hard for me to share my sitch with her...she replied "Awwwwwww". So that's it for now...life goes on.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Welcome back Wii - now stop being a bad boy, behave yourself and follow the rules! wink

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Absolutely, no more funny videos...I've learned my lesson!

R
R
Wi did u tell her that u like her yet?

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
OP Offline
W
Like she doesn't know that already. I'm gonna ask her to wear my pin on Saturday lol.

W
OP Offline
W
In all honesty, I don't think anything is happening here. I've offered to take her on an outing to touristy like places and she's not following up. I think she likes hanging out in a group and chatting...that's about it. Obviously she has some kind of attachment to me as we text and talk frequently more so than she does with other church friends which is nice. Yet I don't even know whether she's someone who is relationship material. I'd need to spend some one on one time with her so, for now, it is what it is. Btw, she's told me her age and it's younger than I thought...she also has an 8 year old daughter (which someone else told me about). So my job is to enjoy our interactions and not make too much of them. There are other fish in the sea.

W
OP Offline
W
That said, it still felt pretty nice when she texted me good morning today asking how I was feeling. I told her better and I'd gone to work and she told me to "take it easy, drink lots of water and remember to breathe" I felt cared about.

R
R
Wiiii dont assume that she knows that you like her in that way. Go to ur nearest bubble gum machine and get a ring and ask her if she wants to go steady. If we could read minds...

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
OP Offline
W
Maybe I'll just do her in a pew...that's always a good way to find out lol. Seriously, all I want is to spend some time together and see if there's something there but she hasn't responded to my invitation so that's that for now. We can talk and text and sit together in church but if we don't do anything just her and I then I'm kind of stuck. My friend Agnes drove me home from church tonight and asked me if I felt AM was being "aggressive" towards me. I said that we talk and text four or five days a week and seem to initiate about the same amount. I said since I've been sick she's checked in with me pretty regularly to see how I'm feeling ...which is nice but I don't see that as aggressive. So, as usual, I dunno!

W
OP Offline
W
Had an interesting discussion with AM tonight. Apparently she is the single mother of twins and doesn't want to discuss it any further. "I want to keep this private" uh ok. I just said that if she ever felt she wanted to share more I'd be willing to listen. She said "thanks but I don't" I said that's fine...no prob. She's also planning to adopt another child...a boy who apparently has no parents in her village. Wow! She has a good heart anyway. It sounds to me like she feels a lot of shame about being a single Mom. Her kids live with her parents. Anyway, she told me about her best friend and I shared about mine. It was at least a step forward anyway.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard