Awesome!!!! smile smile smile

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
O
O
I hope you're not going to all power crazy now cadet :-)

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
V
V
You have gone green........

Fab

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 04/01/15 12:04 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Yay!!!!

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
Wonka-

Thanks for asking. We are still together, still engaged. . We have two houses to sell (market is slightly better around here but not good enough.)- a small ranch, he is in a townhouse.

My daughter and grandchild moved back in the house I live in, my daughter that just graduated moved back to save money. It's crowded but usually fun. A lot of estrogen though.

G has a special needs child that is now 20 and still in HS until he's 21. He is with G most of the week, his mom's the other part. (G is retired.). It's pretty small.

We have plenty of time, not going anywhere. We are both very happy, more in love than ever. One day a week he watches our grandchild for my daughter, when he was out of town I stayed with his son so his exW could work on Sat. Our lives are well meshed. And being a bit older, it's nice to have our time together and our separate spaces.

A long answer to a simple question, huh?

You know I will announce it someday. Lol.

Thanks again,
sg wink

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
E
E
Congratulations, Cadet!!!

M 46 / H 43
T 24/M 18
S 4
11/6/2014 ILYBNILWY
1/16/2015 Living in separate bedroom
1/8/2016 H moved out

M
M
Let me add my voice to those who praise the elevation of Cadet to green status! Also, I see now that he's doing some cleaning of the sticky posts, which is very welcome.

I suppose this is the right place to bring this up: today, Cadet is changing the enforcement of the rule against external links. The rule is very clear: they are not allowed. The application of the rule though was always flexible: the links that moderators would remove used to be those to competing methods. Most of the rest was tolerated. I think they add tremendously to the board and I'm not sure what removing them contributes.

So here's my suggestion: let's keep the historical policy of tolerance. Unless of course, I'm missing something.

Thanks Cadet!

M39 D6 D3 (at S)
S 2014-09
D 2016-09

"You can't start a fire sitting around, crying over a broken heart" - Bruce Springsteen.
C
C
Originally Posted By: Mozza
Let me add my voice to those who praise the elevation of Cadet to green status! Also, I see now that he's doing some cleaning of the sticky posts, which is very welcome.

I suppose this is the right place to bring this up: today, Cadet is changing the enforcement of the rule against external links. The rule is very clear: they are not allowed. The application of the rule though was always flexible: the links that moderators would remove used to be those to competing methods. Most of the rest was tolerated. I think they add tremendously to the board and I'm not sure what removing them contributes.

So here's my suggestion: let's keep the historical policy of tolerance. Unless of course, I'm missing something.

Thanks Cadet!

Mozza thank you.

Yesterday I had a long discussion with Virginia about the board, and specifically had the discussion about this topic.
The historical policy, at least for the last 3 years has been no outside links.
Users have been banned or put on moderation for violating this policy.
I believe that the enforcement of this policy has been less
stringent of late because of the lack of moderation, not because of any change in policy.

I am sorry that I have had to become the policeman enforcing a law in this regards.
I can only suggest that you appeal to the lawmakers in this manner.
I can say that 4 or so years ago this was a very heated place, and there was almost no moderation.
I dont think that the lawmakers want it to go back to that again.

I hope that explains it.

Edit - Also thanks to all who have welcomed me as a moderator.
Too many to name, but let me say it is appreciated. smile smile smile

Last edited by Cadet; 04/01/15 03:58 PM.

Me-70, D37,S36
M
M
Thanks for the clarification Cadet. I also appreciate the moderation greatly and I'm happy that the topic of the external links was discussed with Virginia. I'm also pleased with the cleaning that you're doing now.

Before going any further, could you perhaps clarify for us the spirit of the law, the reason why external links are not allowed?

M39 D6 D3 (at S)
S 2014-09
D 2016-09

"You can't start a fire sitting around, crying over a broken heart" - Bruce Springsteen.
S
S
I've never liked the rule, but of course I follow it. And I can understand the "no outside marital message boards," etc. stuff.

I do think it takes away from some of the fun and encouragement of the forum when you can't even post a link to a motivational/inspirational song on YouTube, for example, or a funny video or pic or something. It's not like the forum software used here is chock full of emoticons and such, and these types of things just add to the overall ENJOYMENT of the site and break some of the (understandable) heaviness of the topics involved on a site like this.

FWIW.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard