Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
OP Offline
LOL, will do! And I'm honored to save the season!

If no date has been selected, I'll just throw this out there. My D21 graduates on May 7 next year. I'll be in NY for that, but otherwise free to hop a plane. smile

Glad you and Carol have a good plan!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
Thanks Bets! The actual date is going to hinge on when our two college aged daughters (hers and mine) finish classes for the year. Her daughter is going to Evergreen State in Washington and they typically start school in late September and finish in late May or early June. Once we get a firm date in mind I will let you know. smile

BA

B
B
So the decision has been made - Carol and her "bunch" are moving in come early June. Over the last few weeks (and several discussions on the topic with their her), her kids have gotten much more comfortable at the house and the idea of us all living together. I had them over for dinner yesterday and I could tell that her D18 and S16 were much more at ease and felt at home. It's going to be a busy couple of months getting ready for this, but I'm all in 100% and happy with the prospect of merging these two families.

Of course there will be a bump or two (heck maybe even three) in the road, but everyone is being very transparent, open and positive regarding this so as long as we continue to listen to each other and not let things build up I think we will all be fine.

BA

B
B
Originally Posted By: BeginningAgain
Over the last few weeks (and several discussions on the topic with their her)

Should have read "their mom".

BA

OP Offline
Glad to hear that the plan is moving along, BA. That's awesome!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
C
C
Originally Posted By: Underdog
Howdy all,

This is fairly quick as I'm behind at work. I've been off the grid, so to speak, for awhile, as my family experienced a very sudden, traumatic death in the family on Friday. It came as such a shock that I've been kind of incapacitated of late. The kind of incapacitation like bomb day - where you can't sleep or eat or think, and everything you read has to be read a few more times just to get some comprehension. I'm still surprised 5 days later.

Yesterday, I played hooky and let D18 stay home with me for the day. We spent the entire time watching movies, and I asked Mr. Wonderful if he'd let me keep her for the night (which he obliged). I ordered out pizza and we watched more movies until it was time for bed.

At the very least, it has me thinking of my family and wishing I were closer to help. But I can only do so much 2000 miles away, so I'll plug on. D21 comes home in a little more than 2 weeks, so I have that to anticipate with a smile.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to know why I haven't been around here or on the Alt. It's just been difficult to comprehend.

Hope all is well with everyone here. I'll try to make a few short visits while I'm logged in.

Bringing over from Wonka's thread
((((((HUGS)))))

Please take care of yourself.

Me-70, D37,S36
K
K
So sorry to hear of your loss. Call me if you want to, just remember the number we call on isn't my cell. smile

Big hugs. Kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Bets - I'm so sorry to hear this. You've had a really rough year my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and please let me know if you need anything on this end.

BA

M
M
Betsey, I'm sorry to get this so late... I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could give you a hug. You mean a lot to me.

And happy belated birthday too. I hope you were able to enjoy it before you got blindsided.

Best,
Maybell

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
C
C
So sorry for your loss, Betsey. Thinking of you.

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard