Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
T
T
My thoughts immediately afterward was that I had loved this woman deeply at one point and I feel absolutely nothing for her now. Ahhh...what a nice awakening moment. I am officially at the indifference stage.

You melt my butter, Wonka.

I always tell my "big" daughters: "The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference."

I'm sad for where you've been - and for what you've been through - but I'm happy you are feeling liberated and at peace.

And I think you're right: BIG things are on the very-near horizon for you. You're a shooting star.

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
Train #2512948 12/02/14 09:57 PM
G
G
What Train said above is so true.

Indifference is really the opposite of love. It's when it's a big yawn... no anger, no clinging, no pain, no yearning.

You've had a heck of a road, Wonky-Baby.
Interesting the way life turns out, isn't it?

I wish you all good things!

Your Pal,

The Goat Gal

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

GoatGal #2521880 12/30/14 11:22 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Bets,

I just read this blurb about government waste and thought about you with your supply chain experience. If yes, perhaps your company can write itself a contract by fixing this problem? I can only hope this can aid you in reaching your $20 million dollar goal. Doing what I can to help you reach this personal goal of yours. cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FEMA Fumbles Funding and Fails:

FEMA spent $240 million building a high-tech system to help deliver supplies and coordinate the multi-agency response to national disasters. But a review by the Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General found the Logistics Supply Chain Management System so riddled with errors that it can’t “interface” with other agencies – making it nearly impossible to locate and deliver emergency supplies.

The IG also said that even if the system worked, agency employees have not been trained properly to use it. Overall, auditors concluded, “Despite spending about $247 million over nine years, FEMA cannot be certain its supply chain management system will be effective during a catastrophic disaster.”

Wonka #2522102 12/31/14 04:44 PM
LOL! Wonka, my sister is the supply chain guru. That's what the Navy trained her to do, though she left in the 90s. I started my career out there but moved on when I left DC and the Navy projects. I'll tell her to get right on it. grin

I also thought my D20 would be good at this. Her school offers a degree in it. But she went ahead and chose chemical engineering with a minor in biomedical engineering. How dare she! wink

Although I own the company, we are a sales and service organization. I never thought this in a million years. LOL. I'll have to sell my way to $20 million!

Happy new year!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
R
R
Bump?

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

Since I don't know where to post anymore (a really great conundrum, BTW), I think I'll just come here.

Today is my now D18's birthday! We made it! We are going to court next week for the guardianship, and I think we're ready to have this albatross off our backs. Yesterday, she was "served" by the paralegal who works for the attorney representing us, Mr. Wonderful and I waived our 14 day notice, and we've got a court date and time. So last night, we went out to celebrate her birthday at the Bonefish Grill and had a lovely time. The end is in sight!

Today also marks my new job as Family Caregiver. I've been doing this job for 18 years, so it's not a surprise. But I have to document everything now. What a pain in the butt. Now I need to tell D21 that she has to have a criminal background check before she comes home. grin

Upward and onward. Carry on, everyone!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hey Bets,

You can use this thread or ET Phone Home as a community thread...others are welcome too.

This good news, right? Just what this entails...exactly? I really don't understand this "guardianship" thing for D18. Does this mean that she's set for life? How does this work?

Sounds like you had a lovely time at the Bonefish Grill.

Sometimes I wonder about you and Mr. Wonderful....

Wonka #2544195 03/03/15 08:18 PM
Wonka--Don't wonder. We're good! I think I might have mentioned here at some point that I've done quite a few sessions in past life regression? This is the first time where Mr. Wonderful and I have been opposite genders - we've been best friends in numerous lives. We're destined to care for each other. smile

Guardianship. Without it? Well, legally D18 is an adult and I'm no longer legally allowed to make decisions for her or for her, no longer able to access medical information or enter into contracts on her behalf. Temporarily, we have medical POA rights - whew. She has a doctor appointment on Saturday, and without it, I couldn't even accompany her in the Dr. exam unless she invited me, but I could not agree to anything without her consent (which she could not do). Guardianship will allow me and her dad to act on her behalf. Basically, we go to court to strip her of her rights so we can have them for her. It's the right thing to do. If I didn't have so much going on with this process and becoming her caregiver, I'd be pretty sad and tearful. It's not easy to go to court and state before a judge that your daughter doesn't have the mental capacity to take care of herself.

BUT, these processes have been keeping me moving since the holidays and I'm tired. I swear I'll probably kiss the magistrate instead.

I love me some Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos. Yummy.

Albert Einstein
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Bets,

Are you saying that this is the first time you've been a woman to Mr. Wonderful, right? That 'splains a lot! grin

Wonka #2544270 03/03/15 10:19 PM
OR... first time he's been a guy? grin

Albert Einstein
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard