Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Quote:
She told me we are a great couple if we were in our 60's

My wife said a variation of this... To my wife at least it means that things aren't exciting and new enough on a regular basis. She wants ore out of life.

Hope this helps.

Me: 45 W43
S7, Foster S9 (Planning to adopt post divorce)
D mentioned Feb 2015, Wife served 3/24/2015. She moved out 4/15/2015.
C
C
Lol. My W just went on a ski trip too. And she told me all the same stuff. If we were old ppl it would be great, blah blah.

But not just that, there are a LOT of parallels I see in both our sitches already.
You will see/read what happened in mine and it's something you don't want to hear. We are probably of the same breed of men dealing with a similar breed of women.

For now keep reading and go out if you can to do some fun activities. Distract yourself. All your emotions are totally normal. You have to let them out before you can start thinking at least somewhat rational again.

Me 32 (German) Wife 28
T 3yrs M 2yrs
Moved to US for W
No kids
BD 6/2014
In house separation
Confirmed EA 1/2015
(ongoing since BD)
OM not ready
Real D talk started 1/27/15

F
F
Since I'm still pretty new I cant give you much advice other than you can always keep hope. There is nothing wrong with hope, you just cant have any expectations.

Also, exercise helps so much with sadness and anger. I stopped exercising for a week during vacation and my emotions(anger/depression) hit me hard. Before this I didn't realize how much the daily exercise was helping.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
E
E
Quote:
saw some pictures on facebook of her and these girls.

This is what I am dealing with. We have over 200 "shared" friends on FB and all I want to do is delete her. I have switched her to "don't follow" and did the same with facebook chat. So if she is online, I don't know it. The ONLY reason I know when my WAW is on FB is if I go to her page, which I find myself doing more and more. Frankly, I am debating on just deleting her. Which will cause a HUGE fight, but it might give me some closure, something to consider.

Me: 38
W: 32
S10 D6
T: 10 (02/2004)
M: 7 (12/2007)
Separation 02/2015
OM confirmed 01/2015,
D mentioned 12/2014
D finalized 9/2016
Fogg #2543307 02/28/15 04:52 PM
C
Cyclist Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Went out to a bar last night to grab dinner with my neighbor. It was nice to go out and just shoot the breeze with him. He's in the same situation so it became a gripe fest near the end, but still nice to have a few glasses of wine and enjoy some good food.

I'm hitting the gym 5-6 days/week. It's a wonderful distraction. I also sent my bike to the shop for a tune-up. Going to get back on it and pedal my 60-75 mile rides on the weekend.

My utter disgust for my WAW is very present. She didn't move everything out of the apartment yet. I told her to keep the key in case the dog needed to be walked. That may have been a mistake since it may or may not give her the feeling of control. Debating on whether or not to ask for the key.

Me:37 W:34
T: 8
M: 1.5
S: 2/2015
C
Cyclist Offline OP
OP Offline
C
First full day of NC and not a peep from her. Were supposed to have a date night tonight, but since she didn't initiate contact, it never happened.

Guess it's back to living like I'm in my 60's. Eye roll.

S
S
Quote:
First full day of NC and not a peep from her. Were supposed to have a date night tonight, but since she didn't initiate contact, it never happened.

Whoa..........what??? shocked

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
J
J
Cyclist,

I am curious about a few things.

I see that you were together 6.5 years before marriage for a total of 8 years, if I am reading it correctly. How do you guys communicate and conflict resolve? What are her core things she has told you over the years that bother her about you or your marriage? You have told us what she said now that shes gone and you've told us a little about the dynamics of the roles in the household. Give us more about the inner workings of the relationship.

You say she's in TV. Can you elaborate a little more without giving too much information? I.E. is she an on air personality, behind the scenes, a writer, etc.

This new "crew" of hers, any clue as to who these ladies are or how many of them are possibly divorced?

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
Jefe #2543567 03/01/15 07:54 PM
C
Cyclist Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Sandi, right!? I'm so disgusted with her right now. I should have kept the keys to the apartment.

Jefe, we rarely fought during the dating/engagement/marriage. On the rare occasions we did have a spat, it was usually cleaned up in a day or so. Not sure what you mean with the inner workings. Please clarify.

Don't really want to get into what she does. She's done it all. On-air/writer/producer.

From what I know, one is a newlywed, one is married, and the rest are single.

S
S
What is your plan of action?

I'm confused about the statement of first day of NC and having a date. Can you expound on it?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard