Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
It's interesting because I had also asked her earlier to see a few more photos and she said that she did not share photo online except for the one she'd posted. Ok, whatever. But, in telling me about what she'd done on Saturday she mentioned she'd forgotten her daughter's OHIP card and therefore has to come back (OHIP is our provincial health plan), mentioned that they'd had lunch at Popeye's and went to Walmart...she also discussed Taken 3 the movie. So who knows...but all I know is that if someone can't tell me what area of the city she lives in then I'm not interested in dating her. Gotta find me a nice Adventist girl...or I'll end up with Agnes fixing me up with Church Lady lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Btw, I've reported her to POF and passed on my suspicions that she is not who she claims to be...hopefully, I'm wrong.

W
OP Offline
W
Hm, it's very interesting...the more I think about our chats the more suspicious I get. Initially, I messaged her and she responded. When I messaged back I made a joke that I thought maybe she had taken the wrong way and that's why she didn't respond...I had also asked her in that message where she lived in Toronto. She replied saying yes it was my joke that turned her off. When we chatted she said that I seemed like a guy who enjoyed doing things and asked where I liked to go so I mentioned a few Toronto places e.g Kensington Market, Harbourfront, Chinatown etc and asked her what places she liked to go to. She didn't say but began talking about how much she enjoyed cooking and about her Mom's plate that she keeps in the kitchen. So she avoided mentioning any Toronto places. When I told her that I'd like to see a few more photos of her she informed me that she did not share photos on the internet aside from the one she had posted. Hm, probably there were no more photos. One more time I asked her where she lived in our "fair city" and she said "I live in Toronto" Uh, no kidding! Then this morning she messages me at 4 am saying she's at work at the airport (possible, screening officers have to work through the night) and would talk to me later. And so tonight when I once more asked where she lives she deletes me and all our messages. Interesting.

K
K
Probably a scam and a guy. So sorry that there are people out there that prey on others like that.

You are going to find a great match at some point. Probably when you aren't looking. Have an awesome blossom day!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
Ah geez Kat, couldn't you at least leave me with thinking I was being scammed by a woman lol. Honestly, I couldn't care less. I'm just concerned that this person may be still out there looking to take advantage of vulnerable people. I actually considered pulling the plug on her when she wouldn't show me another photo. Anyway, the Lord will lead me to who I'm supposed to be with one day. I'm in no rush! You have an awesome blossom day too (I'll have to use that one in my profile lol)

S
S
I'm going to play Devils Advocate here. I don't think she was a scammer at all. I think she was trying to protect some of her identity. Anyone who has been on online dating knows it is wise to not give out too much information to a stranger. I certainly did not let them know what neighborhood I was in. I took lots of precautions.

You may be right but I don't think its a good practice to report individuals on dating sites as frauds when you don't have proof.

I know all about Catfish and the gullible people who fall prey to them. And that is really sad. But from what you posted (which might not be everything) - I think she was just a woman trolling the sites and she wasn't totally ready to meet you.

JMHO

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
You could be right Barb. I made the report and said that I had no proof but certain things in the interactions made me suspicious. I told POF that I hoped I was wrong and would leave it in their hands. I outlined my concerns. I'd rather have them check it out and be wrong than leave someone who may be taking advantage of others if that's the case. I also understand being safe. I didn't ask to meet her I only said that in order to know whether a meet was even feasible at some point then I'd appreciate knowing what area of the city she lived in. I'm not gonna message with someone for weeks not knowing whether meeting he is even plausible. I've also messaged with lots of ladies and never had any problem with that question. it think it's a pretty logical question when someone says they "live in Toronto". POF will monitor her profile for unusual activity and they can decide...not me.

S
S
I hope she is legit. I experienced so many weirdos that nothing there really jumped out at me but then it's hard to "get it" just by reading your posts - that doesn't show it all. But my experience was that people yoYoed all the time. One time they were all over me, the next they pulled back. They disappeared & reappeared. Seems to be par for the course.
Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Most of my experiences have been positive...thankfully! Also the fact that she deleted all our emails rather than just ignoring or blocking me says she may be erasing her trail. In my experience people usually delete as an angry statement...and if she's angry 'cuz I asked where abouts she lived in a huge city then I dodged a bullet lol. Again, POF knows better than I what constitutes"unusual activity" and I'd rather err on the side of protecting others rather then protecting her!

W
OP Offline
W
Last night after work I asked a co-worker to drop me at Edwards Gardens (oops, identifying info lol) and I spent 2 hours doing what I love best, taking photos. It just clears my mind so and fills my heart with joy. I'm always so amazed at God's creation and the lens has brought it all to life for me! Anyway, back to online dating. I realize now that I violated one of my rules which is never give second chances.If a woman stops communicating with you for any reason...let it go. Not once has going back ever brought about anything positive. If a woman stopped communicating with me or didn't reply to a coffee request I would message and thank them for sharing a bit with me and wish them the best. I thought it was an adult way to handle it. Each time they reply to that, for whatever reason, it has never turned out well. Maybe they feel guilty, don't know how to say no, or they think they should put me back on the list...I dunno. This time I messaged her, she replied and then I replied and she didn't. I should have just left it be but I had a hunch that my humour had maybe been misread. She then replied and we spend a few hours messaging and sharing later on. Then she started initiating with me. So lesson learned...no response, don't bother. My experience is that if they screw you over once and you go back they'll do it to you again...that's not bitterness talking that's what I've found. People are people and the Bible says we're all broken and we are! I know there are no hard and fast rules but I think this one might be worth keeping in mind in future encounters. I also noted that when I have a sixth sense I need to pay attention to it. There have been a number of times when something has said "this isn't right" and I've carried on...and it wasn't! This time a voice kept popping up in my head "she isn't who she says she is" but because it was just a feeling and I had nothing really concrete to base that on I didn't pay that much attention to it.I didn't ignore it but didn't give it much credence (Btw, when she told me the name of the company she worked for at the airport I did check it out and they do have the contract) ... Anyway, just thoughts I've had about my merry adventures in the land of looking for love. No matter what, I've still got my turtle!

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard