Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Here's another eye catcher, "no horny freaks, weirdos or time wasters" OMG, who does that leave to contact her then?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
...and one more, " I am only here for the free weekend, so I am not really interested in making up a thoughtful profile, to be honest." Be still my heart!

W
OP Offline
W
I just found a really awesome lady on POF...unfortunately, she lives in Niagara Falls (maybe you know her Barb lol). I came across her profile by accident and began reading it. She's witty and obviously spent a lot of time writing it. She left me smiling. So, I decided to message her and tell her so. We've passed a few messages back and forth and in my message I wrote "...Unfortunately, you live in Niagara Falls and my car just died a sudden and unexpected death and therefore I am presently developing an intimate relationship with public transit lol" She responded thanking me and telling me that it did take her a long time to write her profile but it reflects who she is. I wrote back that I think a person who puts effort into writing their profile is also someone who will put effort into a relationship. Oh well, easy come and easy go lol.

W
OP Offline
W
I think I spend more time on Match.com reporting profiles than actually responding to any! I know they're fishing for stupid but hey, brain dead? My fav was "This is not my profile, it's my Auntie's. I saw your profile and your handsome looks and just had to contact you. You can email me at youreafrigginidiot.com (I made that part up lol)" Today I got a wink from a very attractive lady (of course) from Los Angeles and her profile read "I'm a gentleman looking for his princess" Again, there's stupid and there's brain dead. I watched American Sniper yesterday and kind of feel I'm doing the same job on Match...and I paid $ for this lol?

W
OP Offline
W
I wrote a complaint message to Match. I told them that I would prefer to spend my online time looking for a relationship rather than policing their website. Maybe 'cuz I'm a social worker and I've still got a touch of Military Policeman in me I can't just turn a blind eye to scams that are meant to take advantage of vulnerable people...so I keep smokin' 'em as they emerge. Has anybody else had this issue with Match? BA, you used Match, didn't you? I used POF and the worst I ever got was an endless stream of "hi" emails...none of the idiocy I deal with on Match. I'm only visible right now cuz I'm taking a shot at an Adventist lady and she can't see my profile if it's hidden.
Anyway, today's profile gem is "I'm a worm person" Sounds a bit slippery to me.

S
S
Hey WII,
Maybe it was my sister! (Although she works in Niagara rather than living there). Actually -you'd love her. And she is single. Employed. A good mom. Great sense of humor.

There ha go.

Barb

B
B
Wii - I'd say about 10% of the contact I got was from scammers on Match. They are pretty easy to spot since they usually don't take the time to completely fill out their profiles, have only one picture posted and normally they were about 30 years younger than I. I simply blocked them immediately and moved on to reading or responding to actual profiles. I think almost all of the online dating sites have this issue, some admittedly worse than others.

Hang in there Wii - somewhere out there is your perfect Match. It took me awhile but I found mine! grin

BA

While we're on the topic of online scams... I got the following message on my LinkedIn profile. For those out there who are not familiar with LI, it's the social NETWORKING site for meeting work contacts and creating relationships with potential customers, employers and peers. It's not a dating site and I've been a member for a really long time and never had anyone say anything remotely unprofessional to me there.

YET... it was breached over the weekend. Perhaps I will follow Wii's suit and notify the good folks at LinkedIn about a potential scammer. Here's the message I got:

Quote:
Hello Friend ,
How are you doing today ?
The name is Collins and I am a consultant engineer by profession and I currently reside in Denver , Colorado . I am into the the business of crude oil and gas supply .

I found your profile very interesting as your profile states a lot that made me to contact you and desire to be friends , I want to say your really intelligent person to be successful in your fells of work , how to say how fascinated I am by your field of work , not to mention how your beauty has captured my heart in the most amazing way .

It would be awesome to get to know . What do you say we could be friend ?

Cheers

His profile says he's the chairman, yet look at his writing. Obviously English is not his language; even so, his grammar is deplorable, and his word choices misused. Plus, you google the company, and it doesn't exist. It kind of pissed me off.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
OP Offline
W
I've read that the scammers deliberately put in typos etc because they're looking for the really stupid and gullible. They know most people will spot this stuff and move on but the few that fall for it well, can you say GOLDMINE!
BA, I was on a Canadian Christian site for a few days (where a Born Again Baptist lady I talked to on a previous site was stalking me lol...that's another story) and was just inundated with scammers and as you said they're all 20 or 30 years younger and tell you how incredible you are etc. They arent' hard to spot but they're such a waste of your time...and you pay for the priveledge! After a couple of days I left that site 'cuz there were few ladies actually available in my area (a major city!) and the ones that were wanted to date Jesus!
Anyway, I don't just ignore the scammers I report them and will continue to do so. They're the cockroaches of online dating...and they'll probably outlast us all lol.

W
OP Offline
W
...and to be fair, the last couple of women I have met were from Match and they were lovely ladies...well, worth meeting.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard