Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
rpp,
2015 is more of the same. The lows of the emotional new years eve and the highs of the HUGE buckeye win last night.
New years eve was really not that bad. We attended a small gathering of friends. Before midnight all the kids came downstairs to be with the adults except mine. Went and found them and they were alone watching the clock wind down. I sat with them as the new years came in. It was obvious they were thinking back over the past year. They were pretty tired from cutting and stacking wood all day in the cold (18 degrees and windy) so we were home by 12:30.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
L
L
It was quite a game!

On to the Ducks! (different duck, rpp smile )

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
s13 called me Monday after basketball practice and asked if they could come home since I was off work. I told them no, it was their time to be with their mom and he then informed me she was not around. Turns out she left immediately after picking them up from me on Saturday. She drove 900 miles to New Orleans to tailgate the Sugar bowl and left the boys with her mom. I called her to see about getting them and she of course said no. S13 said he would try and she denied him too. We both tried again on Tuesday and she finally agreed so I got an extra day with them.
I can't wrap my head around the idea that she could leave the boys for 3 days during her time to have them, to drive 900 miles to sit in a bar and watch the game on a tv screen. S13 is big time mad at her and s10 is sad about it.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
S
S
Originally Posted By: labug
On to the Ducks! (different duck, rpp smile )

May the team with the best uniforms win. (That would not be those hideous green things.)

Wow bdub, I can't imagine doing that or having it done to me. (The one night H couldn't take D12, he asked if I wanted her. Or he was going to arrange a sleepover with a friend, my choice. Of course I took her. )Sorry! But you are a good dad to stick up for them.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
R
R
I don't know that I'm surprised by the behavior, given all the awful stories one reads on these boards. That's rotten for your boys Bdub. I thought right after you separated you had an agreement that if one couldn't watch the boys, the other would automatically get them?

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am pretty excited about the championship game. Oregon is my second (very distant second) favorite team.

I had to be VERY careful in how I answered their questions. They asked me a lot of things about what happened. I deferred most of them to her, but I gently explained to them that I was sure she wanted to take them but could not.
They were shocked that I had no idea she was gone and they were very dissapointed when she refused to let me keep them.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Raliced,
We , in fact, did. I am struggling with that and with all the other changes she has made to the dissolution we had already agred too.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
S
S
Originally Posted By: bdub
Raliced,
We , in fact, did. I am struggling with that and with all the other changes she has made to the dissolution we had already agred too.

bdub, I'm sorry she's not sticking to the agreement. I know that's a really tricky situation, not because I've experienced but I do have friends that have. One friend in particular, her XH has never stuck to any agreement or court order they've ever had. There's drama on a weekly basis. Her new H must be a saint to put up with it. I hope your W comes to her senses about raising the kids, that she'll see they are the thing to focus on now. In the meantime, it sounds like you are doing a great job. Continue to stick up for yourself and for your boys.

B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
We have had the drama on a weekly basis too and I am done with it. It was a week ago today we had a huge argument on the phone about her leaving the boys with her mom and not letting me keep them. There has been zero contact since. She showed up an hour late (again ) to pick up the boys Sunday. I cracked the door open and told her they would be read in 5 and shut the door again. The boys and I calmly gathered their things and double checked to make sure they had everything. They said goodbye to me and their dog and off they went. There was no hurrying, yelling or drama.

On a side note: Expectations always leads to dissapointment. I expected she would be excited to see the boys after not seeing them for an entire week.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
S
S
bdub, are you having a drama-free day? smile