Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My last post should have said 'show' not 'shoe'

The joys of predictive text.

I know its about patience and consistent Positive change.

I'm pretty sure right now for her its about OM1 and moving out. What I'm doing won't have an effect unless OM1 falls through, and so I must have patience til at least then or until I've completely moved on.

The most accurate description is that right now I'm trying to attract the girlfriend of another man and her starting point is that she thinks I'm a creep.

Nothing like a challenge smile

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
E
edz Offline
E
Hi Jim

Just one thing I can do to settle one qualm in your mind, you know my sitch, my relation with s was claimed to be the big huge main hairy issue with w's relationship with me. Its now good, strong and fun and w is quieter than ever on the subject of r, warmer day to day but if I pushed now I imagine I'd get a nothing has changed response, not going to try it though.

As with the other replies both our w's are running to their own scripts. Will w want to come back to me even if I'm father of the year and show none of the faults she described? No idea, a good idea for me to sort those out anyway though as the worse that happens is I end up with a great relationship with s.

Nothing either you or I can do to speed this up mate, as you saw yesterday still has the Mr fixit in me screaming some days but nothing to be done except focus elsewhere.

Take it easy
Edz

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
R
R
Jim. You can only work on you. I know I can't talk but detaching from them is the only way. You need to be neutral to what she is doing. Do. Iife opinions ,, donts ask questions , just be you , the new improved you. Stay focused and don't let it get on top of you. Take care. Rd

J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I think what I was getting at us that I struggle to understand the mindset that is annoyed for me playing with our kids. Whatever the thought process that kind of reaction doesn't cone from a good place.

I'm not changing what I do with them regardless and equally until her mum directly slights me I will continue to be friendly and nice to her.

Anyway just got back from the park with the kids and W has gone to the gym for the first time in about 3 years. Must be a new year's resolution.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard