Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
E
edz Offline
E
Ouch. Sorry to hear that mate. Just arrived at my dads after a couple of false starts. Just got everything ready to go when the cat decided to climb to the top of the stairs and redecorate the stairs and the hall with chicken.

Sorted and then drove over. Doesn't match your day though mate. Indeed put that foot up and take it easy.

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
M
M
Aouch! The fit of rage and the broken foot are a fitting metaphor for how we mostly hurt ourselves with our rage. I'm really sorry for you. You had enough to deal with already.

A quick tip for dealing with your W: STFU. I wonder why we didn't think of that before. ;-) But seriously, after you've made your point, don't try to have the last word. You say: "I'll talk to my solicitor" and whatever she replies, shut up. It means you haven't changed your mind. And it makes you look strong.

Also, try to speak more with your actions, less with your words. You often tell her what are your intentions, your feelings, your future actions, etc. Take it that she'll never believe you because that's exactly what happening. Has she ever said "Oh, you're not trying to get in the way? Sorry, I misunderstood"? No. Yet, you go back to this over and over. Ignore all of this, even when she brings it up, and act, period.

Again, really sorry about your situation. Remember: "Comedy = Tragedy + time" so perhaps one day we'll all have a different perspective on these difficult times... I know I've already started joking about my sitch with some friends, a sign that I'm getting better.

M39 D6 D3 (at S)
S 2014-09
D 2016-09

"You can't start a fire sitting around, crying over a broken heart" - Bruce Springsteen.
S
S
Hi Jim

I'm so sorry to read of your troubles. Just wanted to send you a Christmas Eve hug (())

Toots xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
R
R
Jim. Just saw your post. Holy crap. Had a lot of broken bones over the years and leg and foot up there. Listen mate, you handled the sitch really well up to ( trying to remember what you said ) oh yea, the broken foot bit Really sorry for your pain ( both types ). Keep strong. Rd

W
W
Jim,

So sorry to read bout the exchange and your foot. Well, it looks like you really put your foot in your mouth. crazy

Go out in a pub and be around your mates. Perhaps a mate of yours can collect you? Get out of the house or you'll be stuck with watching The Queen's Christmas broadcast. A pretty compelling choice, heh?

Merry Christmas to you from across the pond. smile

J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks all. Certainly not what imagined a few months back.

My Dad has done a 5hr round trip drive to come and get me so I'm now at his. Apparently my stepmum went ballistic at the idea I was going to be on my own.

Had a good chat on the drive with my dad. He called me an idiot in relation to my foot (and the wall) and doesnt understand why I'm being so reasonable with my wife or why I would possibly want her back. He also said some nice things about me and not just platitudes or self aggrandising statements - genuine compliments. This is new and nice.

Whatever you're doing, whoever you're with I hope you have a great Christmas safe in the knowledge that things will get better.

Thank you for the continuing support and guidance. Its a gift very gratefully recieved.

Merry Christmas

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
G
gan Offline
G
Sorry, Jim, to read about your foot! That really sux. FWIW I think you handled yourself well under a lot of pressure. Enjoy the time with your dad and stepmum. Merry Christmas to you.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
J
jim0987 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Seriously why can't I learn to just STFU?????????

Spoke to my wife and kids briefly this morning and for god knows what reason told her about my foot.

My W being the manipulative %&%##£ that she is will likely use this to say that this is proof I'm violent and unstable. She may even try to take my kids over it.

Fortunately I don't have to have any more contact with her today

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
G
G
I would have said another reason why it was broken. Not her and not the fight.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
R
R
Jim. Just learn from it mate. STFU is the way to go Have a the best day you can. Rd

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard