Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
...and if she mentions makin' bacon it's worth paying for those dates!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Wow, this new Match lady is amazing. She lives downtown but used to live where I live and still goes to church up here every Sunday. She told me about her kids, their names and what they're doing and wrote "one of your daughters must be in university and the other in high school. Tell me more about them" then she said my job sounded so interesting and she'd like to know more...she ended with "I hope you can tell me more about yourself in person one day" Did I bite? Damn right!

W
OP Offline
W
Hooray, we're going to the St Lawrence Market and then Harbourfront together tomorrow afternoon...wish me luck smile

R
R
Good luck

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

S
S
Good luck WII! Be cool. Follow her lead. She sounds like a great match but you won't know til you get there.

Bon voyage! I'm off to Quebec!

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Absolutely Barb! I'm looking forward to a nice afternoon sharing with someone new. After that, who knows. Have a safe trip.

W
OP Offline
W
Date over. Good time was had by all. We couldn't find each other at our meeting place and I lost her in the restaurant...otherwise everything went well lol. We went for coffee and 3.5 hours later left. Lovely lady. I'll see her again. Here's her thoughts on online dating, "most men don't even read your profile. Most of the messages I get are about my photos "You're pretty"..."you have a nice smile" Well, I know I'm pretty and have a nice smile and, yes, it's nice to hear but I want men to recognize who I am not just how I look!" Guess why I get replies! I also felt so sad when she told me about the plight she had at her church. She divorced seven years ago and she had to attend a meeting where they decided whether or not to revoke her membership. I said "I am so sad to hear that at probably the worst time of your life, when your church family should have been wrapping their arms around you and loving you, they were judging you" OMG, that is so sad. They voted that she could stay but she said she left for a long time. She felt so angry that they felt they could judge what went on in her home. She came back but doesn't sing in the choir but "stays low" by working in the nursery. God is love...WTH is wrong with these people! Anyway, she's a great listener, she's interested, she shares and has a great smile and laugh. Is she my "dream girl"? Nope, but that's ok too. There was lots of good stuff there so we shall see. I walked her home and she said "you're really walking me home?" and I said "a gentleman will always walk his date home and that's what I'm going to do!" We hugged and said goodnight and that was that.

R
R
What is your dream girl? Glad it went well

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
OP Offline
W
I dunno Rick lol! I guess what I meant was that I didn't come away feeling "the magic" but again, that's not a must when you first meet someone. We obviously like each other and we shared a great deal and that's pretty important too. We talked about how at our age we may be just too set in our ways...and that's a factor for both of us. I told her that I'm quite happy with my life and independence and I'm not looking to jump head over heels into a relationship. She's very independent and likes her life as is too. So, we'll see. I'll try not to over think it lol.

M
M
I sounds like you may be able to have a lot of fun together. If it develops into something more, great. If it doesn't, that's great too. Just having someone to be with and enjoy doing things together is one of the biggest blessings in life IMO.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard